Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Positives, I thought Wijnaldum played great bar his fault for the goal. Origi did ok in flashes in the second half. Held the ball up well.

Our biggest problem is we only play well when we're the underdogs. Too many players trying stupid flicks tonight, Can especially. Has to be complacency or lack of experience. The likes of Milner and Lucas need to dog them out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. We need a goalie and centre half who will dominate both physically and personality wise in situations like tonight. So much panic in the defence , need a leader and organiser in that position.

That Sakho lad at Palace looks decent.

Miller, Klavan and lovren is a poor defense.
    Can't be surprised at conceding with that 3 in a back 4.

Still, we got a point. 7 games left... 2ppg will put us on 74 points. That'll get top4 I have no doubt. Hard to see us put that run together though unfortunately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Seriously, if Matip was fine to come on for a tactical change then he was fine to start.

You could see that he wasn't right, he was hobbling around then last 5 minutes.

Origi was boss tonight though. I wouldn't be too hard on Klavan, he lost sight of the ball. I'd be more worried about our defensive headers/clearances always landing on the foot of the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    Miller, Klavan and lovren is a poor defense.
    Can't be surprised at conceding with that 3 in a back 4.

Still, we got a point. 7 games left... 2ppg will put us on 74 points. That'll get top4 I have no doubt. Hard to see us put that run together though unfortunately.

If we were to get 4 points from our next 2 games id be chuffed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ricero wrote: »
    If we were to get 4 points from our next 2 games id be chuffed

4 pts from the next 2 would be a brilliant return. I'd be happy with 3. The next 2 games are the games I fear the most in the run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dogbert27 wrote: »
    It's the positivity that will kill you in the end! :(

Was positive after the weekends results and last nights result and after we went 2-1 up annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddd BANG!!!

Bubble burst as usual.

No it's not positivity. It's logic.

We don't need to win all our games.

Look at who we're up against for 4th. It's Utd and Arsenal.

Both weak and both have much tougher fixture run in than us.

They will drop points.

That's why I think we'll get over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mane will win player of the year no doubt but I would give it to Wijnaldum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I hope and pray that nxt season migs,milner,klavan,lovren,clyne,can,and lucas are knowhere near the club never mind the starting eleven, i take it back milner can stay in the squad,the rest need not be here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I hope and pray that nxt season migs,milner,klavan,lovren,clyne,can,and lucas are knowhere near the club never mind the starting eleven, i take it back milner can stay in the squad,the rest need not be here

Clyne and Can? Ok, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mane will win player of the year no doubt but I would give it to Wijnaldum.

Has been an excellent player for us. Has definitely exceeded my expectations.

murpho999 wrote: »
    No it's not positivity. It's logic.

We don't need to win all our games.

Look at who we're up against for 4th. It's Utd and Arsenal.

Both weak and both have much tougher fixture run in than us.

They will drop points.

That's why I think we'll get over the line.

So that makes it ok, just ignore the fact we are rubbish and have the worst squad in the lge

64ca8997949d299af4cf7fc250e98676_just-chill-out-man-meme-chill_394-406.jpeg

hefferboi wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGxxCXh0Lb6pkYbmnQn7a4z7aWr6TscmeLn950fF0VBeAZnVFhFVv9LQ

Tried watching that again last night actually but switched it off,i cant understand the love for that film its garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

So that makes it ok, just ignore the fact we are rubbish and have the worst squad in the lge

Klopp is doing a fantastic job if this is the case considering the position we are in!

I hope we win every game for the rest of the season so i don't have to read your drivel again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Don't feed him lads he only appears after a bad result

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Worst squad in the league? Klopp is doing a magnificent job then for us to be 40 points ahead of the superior Sunderland.

Klopp is doing a fantastic job if this is the case considering the position we are in!

Not really,the prem lge is rubbish,3 teams above us are only slightly less **** then us

Not really,the prem lge is rubbish,3 teams above us are only slightly less **** then us

What do you class as not rubbish so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Tried watching that again last night actually but switched it off,i cant understand the love for that film its garbage

Are you ever right about anything?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Clyne and Can? Ok, so.

They are both poor tbf,ordinary at best,if this is the kind of player we are happy to have playing for us then we have many more mediocre seasons to look forward to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Klavin and Mignolet 100% with you all the way.

Loveren isn't that bad, had a horrible first season but has improved.

Clyne is a no frills RB, solid 6 every game.

Can shows that he can be a useful player, I'd easily keep him as a squad player.

Lucas is... well Lucas.

I'd be more worried about the rest of the squad that doesn't feature at all, thats were our priorities should be, when it comes to replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

League is so rubbish you can go on a 20 game unbeaten streak and stay in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Klopp: “Their second goal from a set-piece made me vomit.”

corwill wrote: »
    Are you ever right about anything?

Lol!! I knew someone would say something like thisðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Klopp: “Their second goal from a set-piece made me vomit.â€

Yea it came from a long throw in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd keep Lucas, Clyne, Can. I'd be keeping Mignolet as well unless we replace him properly.

hefferboi wrote: »
    What do you class as not rubbish so?

The prem is without doubt the most exciting league,but quality is seriously lacking,the so called top teams are poor,just looked at the recent record in europ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So it's not just football you're always wrong about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Might just stop watching the games, and instead just find out the result by seeing whether or not shamrock is in the thread after the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The prem is without doubt the most exciting league,but quality is seriously lacking,the so called top teams are poor,just looked at the recent record in europ

You've dropped an "E" there.

Or something stronger.

So it's not just football you're always wrong about...

Apparently not

What are you actually rambling on about now ffs.

So is it just the Premier you have an issue with? Are you annoyed we're third in that league. Why not just watch another league so?

• Advertisement

Is this a joke?

Have you seen the table? We're in third place.

Is this a joke?

Yeah but our squad......Sunderland....and that Boro crowd.....they just have that.....that more depth in quality, ya know?!

Depth wasn't the issue today anyway, composure was. Defence completely falls apart at the first bit of pressure. No matter the opposition they always win the second ball, our players can't clear a ball 15 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Lots of knee jerk reaction about Klopp not buying. None of the big teams bought much in the January transfer window as there is usually very little available.

I'm sure Klopp has said, like many other managers, Rafa and Wenger spring to mind, that he won't spend money for the sake of it. He will only buy if they improve the squad.

It seems like people think he should have magically signed world beaters.

We are still in top 4. I'm sure FSG are delighted to be in the position we are in after making a profit of 4mill on summer transfers last summer, and they will certainly invest to push on next season.

This isn't a toy to FSG. They know they can't expect miracles making a profit on transfers, but they are happy to wait as they are on the right track.

The business of Liverpool PLC is chugging along nicely and results on the field point to a very bright future. It's not about instant gratification, they are looking at the next 3 to 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

That Mane really tied the room together.

• Advertisement

Is this a joke?

Yes i know but can you imagine where we would be if we had done something about our keeper and defence in the last 2yrs,we have had 3 transfer windows to improve key areas of the pitch and to generally improve our squad and bench, but we havent done it,we are 3rd but why not aim higher

tinpib wrote: »
    Lots of knee jerk reaction about Klopp not buying. None of the big teams bought much in the January transfer window as there is usually very little available.

I'm sure Klopp has said, like many other managers, Rafa and Wenger spring to mind, that he won't spend money for the sake of it. He will only buy if they improve the squad.

It seems like people think he should have magically signed world beaters.

We are still in top 4. I'm sure FSG are delighted to be in the position we are in after making a profit of 4mill on summer transfers last summer, and they will certainly invest to push on next season.

This isn't a toy to FSG. They know they can't expect miracles making a profit on transfers, but they are happy to wait as they are on the right track.

The business of Liverpool PLC is chugging along nicely and results on the field point to a very bright future. It's not about instant gratification, they are looking at the next 3 to 4 years.

How much did fsg pay you to write that crap

Yes i know but can you imagine where we would be if we had done something about our keeper and defence in the last 2yrs,we have had 3 transfer windows to improve key areas of the pitch and to generally improve our squad and bench, but we havent done it,we are 3rd but why not aim higher

You know other clubs spend money as well, yeah??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

How much did fsg pay you to write that crap

When I wrote about knee jerk reactions I was talking about in general :pac::pac:

"We have displayed clear improvement but we were bad today so I've forgotten about that wehhhh"

monkey9 wrote: »
    You know other clubs spend money as well, yeah??

You know we made money from transfers this season yeah??

You know we made money from transfers this season yeah??

So is it FSG or Klopp you're having your tantrum at?

monkey9 wrote: »
    So is it FSG or Klopp you're having your tantrum at?

And films

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Coutinho was taken off because he was sick. Literally vomited at half time.

This is all great with hindsight but life isn't that simple.

Klopp thought he has the keeper situation sorted with Karius in the summer but it hasn't worked.

These things can happen, not all transfers work out. I also think Mignolet has been ok since he's come back.

3 transfer windows ok, but in realty one summer one, which is when business really gets done. We have improved on last year no doubt and that actually has come through an improved squad.
    Wijnaldum and Mane have definitely improved the team.

We have 60 points now compared to 48 after 31 games last season so you can't deny the improvement.

I also believe that enough funds were not made available by FSG as all purchases were funded by sales so Klopp could not buy more.

Let's see what happens next summer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement