Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stoke's chairman chairman is now going to take legal action against the club after Stoke won there case with the FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Stoke's chairman chairman is now going to take legal action against the club after Stoke.

From what I've read of the case, it was small-time, mickey-mouse horse**** out of us, pure nickel n' dime stupidity. Gives a less than reassuring insight into the professionalism and judgment of those involved on our side, and into the costs agenda at the club in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

3 pts from the next two will be fine. They are the hardest remaining fixtures we have.

I have us picking up 2 points in the next 3 games and winning the last 4 I think. Arsenal have a tougher last few games but their next few are okay (Palace's recent good run ended vs Saints) so they will likely come back into the picture in the coming weeks.

Thankfully both Arsenal and United have other competitions to play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

rob316 wrote: »
    missing Henderson too, he retains possession well and would of kept things ticking over at 2-1 last night. sadly we probably need to replace him this ankle injury he has isn't going away.

missed lallanas energy too we looked wrecked in midfield towards the end last night.

not trolling here. just curious, and it goes for all clubs and players.

surely energy should be a prerequisite? every player should be busting a gut for their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Anyone know how to get a link to the press conference? On at 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

surely energy should be a prerequisite? every player should be busting a gut for their team.

He's more effective at using that energy by closing down efficiently......those who replace him bring that energy but aren't as effective IMO.

Nah, not IMO. Alonso & similar players don't need to and doing so wouldn't enhance their game.... if anything it would detract from their impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sadio Mane out for rest of season. Confirmed by Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/850305232059944960

Klopp: "We don't have enough experienced players so we have to replace them with youth." https://t.co/qri4frOG89

That's quite an annoying thing to say in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Augeo wrote: »
    By that do you mean 1.5 ish ppg? Because we're that for the last 3 months in the PL unfortunately ..........

How poor was January though for us, I'd say it would have to be another month like that for us to miss out, 1.5 would leave us on 71 or there abouts, I think that would leave us kicking ourself we didn't turn 1 draw or loss into a win.

I think I'd be depressed for a month if that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

brevity wrote: »
    Klopp: "We don't have enough experienced players so we have to replace them with youth." https://t.co/qri4frOG89

That's quite an annoying thing to say in my opinion.

He contributed to this situation........Allen would be a decent option to have right now, Sakho similarly but he chose to leave them go and not replace them. You could argue Wij is Allens replacement but we were still light at CM, especially when you need to play them at CB and LB.

3 windows in, a net of around 0 spent, I have little sympathy about not having enough experience when its not being bought and players are being let go.

mightyreds wrote: »
    How poor was January though for us............

4 PL games, 3 draws and a loss iirc.
    0.75 ppg

1.5ppg is our 2017 PL form to date.

Regarding experienced players .......... we generally have at least 8 of Mig, Milner, clyne, Klavan/Lovren, Matip, Hendo, Lallana, Lucas, Wij', Coutinho & Firmino in the first 11, no rookies there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bit of a dire situation, Lallana, Henderson, Coutinho, Mané all out.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sadio Mane out for rest of season. Confirmed by Klopp.

Not surprising.
    I hope the chap recovers fully and is back to his best next season for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp says Mane out for season as reported by Andy Hunter.

Oops a bit late.

So then the front three, if it is a three will presumably be from Origi/Firmino/Sturridge and Coutinho when his bug has cleared. In theory not the worst selection and yet......

• Advertisement

Bit of a dire situation, Lallana, Henderson, Coutinho, Mané all out.

Think Phil is now fine.

Klopp says Mane out for season as reported by Andy Hunter.

don't mind Klopp, what do the usual suspects reckon? :pac:

Think Phil is now fine.
    don't mind Klopp, what do the usual suspects reckon? :pac:

Barrett: Coutinho still ill, in doubt for tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I have to imagine Klopp was desperate to get someone in in January. It's utterly pathetic that he doesn't have enough senior players in early April for a campaign that saw us play no European games and go out of the FA Cup in the 4th round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Firmino, Origi, Sturridge is still a fine front 3, if Sturridge is feeling up for it.

Can, Wijnaldum, and Lucas/Grujic in midfield isn't too bad.

Seems we still have enough players to not have to rely on youth, unless Klopp just means he needs more of them for the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sappy404 wrote: »
    ...... It's utterly pathetic that he doesn't have enough senior players in early April for a campaign............

It's manager speel. Every team mixes youth with experience, it's not as if he's looking to the U15s team for a CM or CB currently.

Clyne to LB and TAA to RB frees up Milner for CM.

We are far from threadbare as yet even with Mane, Lallana, Hendo and Coutinho out.

+
    Firmino, Origi, Sturridge is still a fine front 3, if Sturridge is feeling up for it.

Seems we still have enough players to not have to rely on youth, unless Klopp just means he needs more of them for the bench.

Kind of shows the Dire Straits we are in if Daniel is now considered an option to start but I expect him to walk around and cause a fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Maybe not a bad thing to have no options on the bench with they way klopp has ducked up so many times this year with substitutions

But only just now, if anyone else goes down esp in the centre back positions then it's Lucas and Gomez up next!

The no perfect players to buy in January reason put forward by Klopp holds no water in the real world, no one looks for perfect they look for what's needed at the time in question. Sure it may mean some card shuffling in the summer that wouldn't have happened otherwise but that beats playing in the EL rather than the CL surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If marcovic can be recalled then he should be right away,we need the xtra body now, another injury or 2 and forget the season

The no perfect players to buy in January reason put forward by Klopp holds no water in the real world.........

I hope that was manager speel too because if not he needs to snap out of it.

No, he cannot play for three clubs in a season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Woodburn, Grugic, Ojo, Sturridge, Moreno, Taa. We have plenty of options, not very well experieced/minutes options, but that could lead to a decent suprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

if worst came to the worst we could always stick milner in midfield and moreno in at left back!!!!!! :eek::eek::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    if worst came to the worst we could always stick milner in midfield and moreno in at left back!!!!!! :eek::eek::pac::pac:

I'd actually go the other way leave Milner as LB and put Moreno on the LW.

I'd actually go the other way leave Milner as LB and put Moreno on the LW.

Seeing as he has more an attacking mindset i'd agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nerdlingr wrote: »

Of all the crazy suggestions I've ever read on here, this has to be the most out there.

Play a player who has primarily played in midfield for ten years as a midfielder and a left-back at left-back?

Take your maverick ways elsewhere, friend, they are not needed here.

I don't think Moreno could play on the left with Milner at LB. The position ahead of Milner is essentially wing forward, leftside of a front 3.

Moreno might manage to be a winger in a 4 - 4 - 2 but is no where near the quality required to operate on the wing in the final 3rd with an actual wing/left back behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Of all the crazy suggestions I've ever read on here, this has to be the most out there.

Play a player who has primarily played in midfield for ten years as a midfielder and a left-back at left-back?

I questioned whether to post it or not.
    It was a decision I thought long and hard over.
    You know, no-one makes these decisions lightly. You can never be too sure how people are going to react...I mean, this is Alberto Moreno we're talking about here. :p

Did he mention Cout and his bout of sickness, will he be ready for tomorrow?

Vicxas wrote: »
    Did he mention Cout and his bout of sickness, will he be ready for tomorrow?

from yesterday...... "Phil is still ill and was not at Melwood yesterday and he will not be here today, added Klopp.

He had a conversation with the doc and he feels much better, but it doesnt look too good. We will have to see if we [can] bring him in tomorrow.

Stoke is not too far away so we will give him all the time he needs, but it will be really close "

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/07/34385292/liverpool-team-news-injuries-suspensions-line-up-vs-stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Anyone else worried about Allen playing a blinder this weekend, it's probable, or should I say inevitable that after tomorrow Xavi will be known as the Spanish Allen.

from yesterday...... "Phil is still ill and was not at Melwood yesterday and he will not be here today, added Klopp.

He had a conversation with the doc and he feels much better, but it doesnt look too good. We will have to see if we [can] bring him in tomorrow.

Stoke is not too far away so we will give him all the time he needs, but it will be really close "

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2017/04/07/34385292/liverpool-team-news-injuries-suspensions-line-up-vs-stoke

Hopefully he will make it, or atleast be on the bench.

• Advertisement

Anyone else worried about Allen playing a blinder this weekend, it's probable, or should I say inevitable that after tomorrow Xavi will be known as the Spanish Allen.

I'd have thought a sweeping back to front move of Johnson, Adam, Allen and Crouchy was a near certainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

A goal and an assist. Nailed on.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm more worried about Shawcross, Crouch and Walters bullying us to be honest.

I'd have thought a sweeping back to front move of Johnson, Adam, Allen and Crouchy was a near certainly.

I fear short Jesus more than the rest tbh, Johnsons ****eness may actually negate Allen's influence, I feel a bit more positive about the game now cheers.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm more worried about Shawcross, Crouch and Walters bullying us to be honest.

Not to mention armsoutavic!

I'm backing Stoke to win with real money so we have a chance!

• Advertisement

Presser.

This is what is wrong with today's football more interested in a status symbol that knowing the difference between net & gross.

Liverpool youngster forced to return £80,000 Range Rover after shock tax realisation
    The academy prospect miscalculated his first pay packet and was stunned upon realising quite how much tax was deducted

A Liverpool starlet has had the embarrassment of returning an £80,000 Range Rover after discovering huge deductions in his wage packet from the tax man.

After splashing out on the pricey motor with his first payment, the youngster was stunned upon realising the difference between gross and net pay.

Peter Fairchild, an advisor to Premier League players, explained the confusion and the motivation for making such an extravagant purchase.

"He got confused between his net and his gross income," Fairchild said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-youngster-forced-return-80000-10177090

Well that's a fail for Rainhill High School! :D Seriously though a ****ing Range Rover, I was glad to have a Fiat 127 to pootle about in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah, he really came out of leftfield with that suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A bit from Swiss Ramble on the PL and finances of the teams in it. Some interesting figures about Liverpool there.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/849952540284391424

Edit: Phew, worried the tweet my have been displayed in total, it's HUGE.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement