Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

3rd highest wages?

Fcuking hell what are we playing all these new kids that we sign no wonder they all want to be driving Range Rovers.

**** Arsenal have £221m more than us in cash reserves. £229m compared to our £8m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

3rd highest wages?

Fcuking hell what are we playing all these new kids that we sign no wonder they all want to be driving Range Rovers.

**** Arsenal have £221m more than us in cash reserves. £229m compared to our £8m.
    I'm assuming a lot of that will ease off this year with new contracts and getting rid of players not earning their wages (yes, Mario, I'm looking at you!) and next when Sturridge leaves the wage bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

3rd highest wages and we have a defence like something out of mean machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I find it very hard to believe that we're anywhere near City's wages.

We have maybe 3/4 players on over 100k?

They've a dozen and 2 over 200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

There is no way we have the 3rd highest wage budget. Where is this guy getting these figures from?

We have 26 senior players with 11 on loan. So 37 players. If we are paying 208 million a year on 37 players then the average wage across the squad is approx 108k per week. Simply impossible even if that figure takes into account staff and youth players I dont see how we are anywhere near that. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Those figures are based on last season even still I can't see how our wage bill is higher than city's.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-wage-bill-rockets-25-12700881

I stand corrected. Its total staff, I suppose that makes much more sense.

"The total number of staff employed by Liverpool climbed from 636 to 700 from June 2015 to May 2016. Of those 500 are in administration, commercial and other with 139 players, managers and coaches and 61 ground and maintenance staff."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they are from last season then I would guess the previous manager and and his back room team would also be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

City pay their wages differently than most other clubs so it doesn't show up in his data.

Someone asked him on twitter the other day - I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Here is part of it:
    The magnitude of City’s wages reduction has raised a few eyebrows, as it has come down from £233 million in 2013, especially given the reduction in headcount: football staff have been slashed from 222 to 150, while commercial/administration staff have fallen from 227 to 170.

This is essentially due to a group restructure whereby some staff previously paid by City were transferred to other group companies, which provide services to all the CFG football clubs. They then charge those clubs, including Manchester City, for the services provided, meaning that City’s wages are lower with a corresponding increase in other expenses.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ie/2016/10/manchester-city-my-aim-is-true.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

brevity wrote: »
    City pay their wages differently than most other clubs so it doesn't show up in his data.

Someone asked him on twitter the other day - I'll see if I can find it.

It is in the comments section of the last article posted. There 2 companies in Man City and the wages are 250m for similar staff and some are paid from holding company.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NukaCola wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-wage-bill-rockets-25-12700881

I stand corrected. Its total staff, I suppose that makes much more sense.

"The total number of staff employed by Liverpool climbed from 636 to 700 from June 2015 to May 2016. Of those 500 are in administration, commercial and other with 139 players, managers and coaches and 61 ground and maintenance staff."

Aside from the players and a few of the coaches, the rest (except chief executive types) wouldn't make much of a difference in terms of wages costs. I'd say 10% of the staff, including players, takes up 95% of the budget in wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fair play to Newcastle who are playing away to Sheff Wednesday tomorrow and some fans are taking this

C81TatnXoAEZirG.jpg

Rafa is going early as well to lay his own wreath according to twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »
    Rafa is going early as well to lay his own wreath according to twitter.

One of a kind is Rafa.

Yep, that's one that will linger in the memory for ages. Whatever anyone's opinion of the manager (and I'm still a big fan), no one can deny the actual feeling he had (and still has) for the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

He'll be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was anything confirmed about Coutinho's illness??

Could really do with him on the pitch today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think Cout was 50/50

Is there any news on Hendo. His injury seems to be under the radar compared to the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I read somewhere last night Coutinho is ruled out today due to virus.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I read somewhere last night Coutinho is ruled out today due to virus.

Not ruled out yet, but certainly a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Not ruled out yet, but certainly a doubt.

Would he recover that soon if he wasn't feeling great for past few days he wouldn't of been training and surely wouldn't be same fitness level required to play a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would he recover that soon if he wasn't feeling great for past few days he wouldn't of been training and surely wouldn't be same fitness level required to play a game.

He came off Wednesday night because of it i think.

May not start but might get 30 minutes at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

They are saying in the fantasy football forum that he has not even travelled to the game

Fitness won't be an issue if he just missed a few days of training, it's not like it's weeks. If he is still affected though and not back to full strength then he'll miss the game. Not what we need anyhow with our other absences as we aren't that deep. Sturridge will likely be able for 30 mins at most too so could be a creative lineup if Coutinho is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Which idiot is going to start the match thread? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Which idiot is going to start the match thread? :D

I'm liking the odds on Stoke by two, and I could do with a new phone, so I might. Still, pretty evil to inflict another Skrtelpocalypse on the world. If only I could figure out how to use this power for good.

No Coutinho, Lallana, Mané or Henderson?? :eek:

Will be surprised if we get anything from this game if all those are out.

On a positive noet Origi was excellent the other night and looks in form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    No Coutinho, Lallana, Mané or Henderson?? :eek:

Will be surprised if we get anything from this game if all those are out.

On a positive noet Origi was excellent the other night and looks in form.

News just in...Coutinho has joined up with the team and might yet play...leaving it until last minute to decide.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/850652244139794433

Coutinho has joined up with Liverpool at team hotel this morning ahead of stoke game. Late decision on involvement

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/850652244139794433

Coutinho has joined up with Liverpool at team hotel this morning ahead of stoke game. Late decision on involvement

Thanks thief :mad::mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement

You'd have to wonder about including him if it's such a late decision, he could come on throw up and go straight off or something.

Thanks thief :mad::mad:

:pac:
    Link trumps hearsay:D

You'd have to wonder about including him if it's such a late decision, he could come on throw up and go straight off or something.

As long as he throws up on Ryan Shawcross it's all good.

News just in...Coutinho has joined up with the team and might yet play...leaving it until last minute to decide.

that was the plan......... he didn't travel with the team but would head along on Sat morning and it would be decided before kick off if he's able to feature.

Mig
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Lucas Can
    Wij
    Origi Firmino (Woodburn/Sturridge/Coutinho)

Still not too bad all considered.

If Milner is moved from LB I hope we shuffle Clyne over and bring in TAA rather than Moreno featuring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Sturridge is starting then I'd hope for a diamond with himself and Origi up top, Firmino in behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If coutinho feels like he is OK and gets through the warm up he will start. He has only been sick a couple of days.

As long as he throws up on Ryan Shawcross it's all good.

Never let it be said we are not thoroughly petty and vindictive.

Shows how much of a bad situation we let ourselves get in. Without quality cover this will continue to happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

NukaCola wrote: »
    Shows how much of a bad situation we let ourselves get in. Without quality cover this will continue to happen.

True, but not many teams could take equivalently important players like Coutinho,
    Lallana, Henderson and Mane out without weakening their team, you could probably add Sturridge to that list as well.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    True, but not many teams could take equivalently important players like Coutinho,
    Lallana, Henderson and Mane out without weakening their team, you could probably add Sturridge to that list as well.

Yea, thats a fair point, weakening the team would be expected no question but we are down to the bare bones now though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Everybody worried here today, and I understand why but Stoke not in form at all.

Have lost their last three and only won one from last six.

If Liverpool can get their act together and learn to close games out, unlike on Wednesday, then they have a chance.

murpho999 wrote: »
    ........... then they have a chance.

Indeed, we are 3rd in the PL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everybody worried here today, and I understand why but Stoke not in form at all.

If Liverpool can get their act together and learn to close games out, unlike on Wednesday, then they have a chance.

I think it's pretty obvious that that they can't..

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think it's pretty obvious that that they can't..

Well Wednesday was an error but they don't do that all the time.

The negativity on this thread is draining.

Augeo wrote: »
    that was the plan......... he didn't travel with the team but would head along on Sat morning and it would be decided before kick off if he's able to feature.

Ah right. Sound,I hadn't heard that or it passed me by or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

This is why everyone is worried.

Well Wednesday was an error but they don't do that all the time.

The negativity on this thread is draining.

Because we've been down this road so many times.

Liverpool are often the most accommodating of teams to play for those badly out of form or in need of a result.Obviously we could have a nice comfortable win, but I think an annoying defeat is more likely than a comfortable win. I'll take an uncomfortable win though. I'm more hopeful than I normally would be away to this lot because of their form, but I just can't rely on us, although Stoke are in the top half of the table, so who knows!

As things stand though, the teams in the top half have taken 6 points in games vs us. Teams in the bottom half have taken 18.

Edit: Damn, they are in the bottom half. We're doomed.

Match thread up. Weird lineup. TAA and Woodburn start.

• Advertisement

Match thread up. Weird lineup. TAA and Woodburn start.

I wasn't going to watch the game because I'm convinced we're gonna lose but that line up looks mental so I think I will now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement