Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If Klopp played in a way that wasn't mental we mightn't win any more points but you'd expect the ups and downs to be smoother.

We're either brilliant or calamitous and seldom anywhere in between.
    Either it clicks or we get demolished.

You need to be ridiculously good to get away with that kind of knife-edge football.
    We ain't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What is the point of match threads?

Prevent the super threads from building/cluttered up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's safer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Klopp really is better than Rodgers, yes.

I know he is but it doesn't feel like it.
    SM01 wrote: »
    I'm still elated we have Klopp at the club but after a year and a half we've a very brittle, one dimensional team that are seemingly incapable of changing things up (Man City was a false dawn).

I wasn't expecting to have so many question-marks hanging over the team and Klopp but they're there for everyone to see.

Players playing out of position; the need for reinforcements and upgrades ignored; Sahko, our best defender, (who deserved some reprimand) thoroughly cast out. Dare I say it - I don't want to give credence to anything Verheijen says - but this team looks so listless and reactive, it feels like they possibly are over-training. Head scratching stuff for me.

It doesn't feel like any improvement at all. The team just seem like they are not trying. Defence coaching is not existent - we can be carved open so easily when our attack is not functioning and this in turn appears to make the rest of the team act disinterested.

It's like quarantine for knob-heads from other fanbases.

• Advertisement

If you had told me during the summer that at this stage of the season we'd be playing with Milner, Lucas and Clyne in a back four while Sakho is winning man-of-the-match awards at Crystal Palace, I'd have broke my arse laughing.

Not really all that funny now.

A great RB, not a great WB though.
    Like Milner & Lucas ......... you could say Clyne is being played in not his favoured role. Actually, Hendo, coutinho too.

Can't play 5/6 players out of position IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's not like this is a surprise. This is a squad that's performing to the best of it's abilities for the most part, the problem is that it's not a very good squad and has suffered from three poor transfer windows that didn't address it's biggest gaps.

Sixth is about where this squad should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It wasn't an outrageous claim like the one you posted, he wasn't even being directly asked about Joe.His opinion may not be right but its far more valid than yours or mine.

So now its "outrageous" to claim Allen isnt strong enough on the ball?.

I apologise to all snowflakes for ever bringing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Our sh!t corners are even more annoying when we're playing like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Liverpool are having disastrous period there is no hiding from that and Klopp has to (and is which is a difference to Rodgers acknowledging this) have some blame. He has taken his philosophy from Germany and has used it here. Unfortunately it does not work in this league partly down to how the league is structures (no winter break). It is taking him a bloody long time but it is slowly dawning on him he need to adapt to this league. Unfortunately due to this he has not got the Plan B he needs. I hope this summer he plans for this. The talk comparing him to Rodgers is mind boggling and this is from 1 who defended Rodgers for longer than I should

• Advertisement

'Snowflakes'...code for I've lost the argument.

Still maintain we should never have sold Allen.
    Clever player with great heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Firmino playing like he can't wait to get off and knock back the bottle of wine he left in his car glovebox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Firmino playing like he can't wait to get off and knock back the bottle of wine he left in his car glovebox

Coming in here because no one finds you funny in the other thread?

.......(no winter break)...........

they've just had a mini winter break

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Still maintain we should never have sold Allen.
    Clever player with great heart.

He would have been bullied in this type of game.

It's not like this is a surprise. This is a squad that's performing to the best of it's abilities for the most part, the problem is that it's not a very good squad and has suffered from three poor transfer windows that didn't address it's biggest gaps.

Sixth is about where this squad should be.

The only concern is that there's no reason to think we can close the gap in quality during the summer.

If anything you'd expect it to widen further.

Maybe Arsenal will begin a transtional period and if Spurs lose Kane you'd have to think they'd struggle to do anything, but the Manchester clubs and Chelsea will probably make up the top 3 next season.

Still no panic. Klopp took over a big job with a hell of lot of rebuilding needed. The summer transfer window will be crucial but I think he automatically gets until the end of next season before he comes under any kind of pressure.

If that means out-spending rivals and over-paying for players for a while, then so be it. It's not like FSG haven't got away with keeping their hand in their pocket of late.

It's February and we're fcuking talking about the summer, that's damning enough as is.

............. I think he automatically gets until the end of next season before he comes under any kind of pressure.

If he refrains from the shouting at the Anfield crowd with the jaw like a collection basket at Mass he should be ok.

• Advertisement

It's February and we're fcuking talking about the summer, that's damning enough as is.

Started as soon as we knew we weren't signing anyone in January despite there being obvious deficiencies in quality and in terms of filling positions.

That was tantamount to writing the season off.
    That's grand if you really believe in the long term plan but it only puts pressure on us to perform next season and to nail the summer signings.

Hopefully Leicester get relegated.

Indeed. The fact that there was nothing done to address the blatant holes in the squad in January is a big worry.

You really hope that the manager sees the problems and just couldn't get anyone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

At least Moreno showed a bit of fcuking heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm so fúcking angry at the whole fúcking lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Augeo wrote: »
    they've just had a mini winter break

Well he should stop going to warm weather training in Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Honest question is there a plan to sort out this defensive mess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A shambolic performance, the worst kind of turgid s**t. Firmino, Can, Milner, Wijnaldum, Coutinho were all piss poor, the rest werent as bad but thats not saying much. Unless a team is brainless enough to play a high line against us (Spurs) then this is every game for the rest of the season until we learn how to be clinical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Basically how I feel right now:

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Hate to say it but I just knew them sacking Ranieri before our game was gonna fcuk us. Figured they would score 3. Unfortunately it turns out I over estimated us when I put money on 3-3 and 3-2 Leicester at 70-1 and 52-1 respectively. Just feeling so deflated now. Gonna try and immerse myself in something else for a while. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Snowflakes'...code for I've lost the argument.

There is never argument. There is debate. Actually, there's rarely anything decent to debate on this thread anymore since most the good posters seem to have left.

This 'debate' is at his level in Stoke. My 'argument' was 'won' a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

1 win in 7 League games in 2017.

At what stage is this officially a crisis?

6 pts in 7 PL games :(

Only sunderland (5 pts), Leicester (4 pts), M'Boro (4 pts) & b'Mouth (2 pts) are worse in 2017.

Awful

I would be if I didn't expect it. You could see how the game would go from the first 20 minutes and when they went if front, that was it.

There's no real fight in this squad once things turn against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Yup. Build a wall and get John Achterberg to pay for it.

• Advertisement

I'd be fairly sure there's a CB and LB/LWB in the plans for summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not adding to the the defence while leaving Sakho, a first team player go, doesn't help. Fair enough there was a falling out but Lucas is not a CB, I dont care if he plays well there the odd game. Ok, the players weren't available etc etc, I'll accept that but come summer if we are fed the same stuff then I will worry.

I wont go into the pathetic performance because I'll only be venting, but really awful stuff. How many Midfielders does Klopp want to play? Its almost funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I could rant for hours, but here's a very short version.

Clyne can't control a football.
    Lucas can't run.
    Wijnaldum is headless.
    Firmino has no presence.
    Milner is obsessed with crossing.

Klopp simply cannot figure out how to get this team to pick apart a team that has little interest in keeping the football. We end up slow, ponderous and doing little.

It's like we've learned nothing from any of the previous games we've played this season. It's infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

daithijjj wrote: »
    There is never argument. There is debate. Actually, there's rarely anything decent to debate on this thread anymore since most the good posters seem to have left.

This 'debate' is at his level in Stoke. My 'argument' was 'won' a long time ago.

Well done buy yourself a medal

I would be if I didn't expect it. You could see how the game would go from the first 20 minutes and when they went if front, that was it.

There's no real fight in this squad once things turn against them.

Whats interesting is you rarely see a player take a yellow for the team. Lucas was good at that but he obviously has to be carefull in CB.

• Advertisement

Why can't the fullbacks just stay back? Leicester's fullbacks weren't particularly threatening on the attack, they didn't need to be. Milner and Clyne are liabilities on the attack, not only because they give the opposition a chance to counter attack but also because when they have the ball it means someone who can actually produce some quality doesn't.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm obviously not watching the post match stuff, but I hope Klopp just says it was a terrible performance, Leicester deserved to win, and him and the squad need to figure out how to fix things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Klopp is great & long term I'm confident we will improve.

But 16 days off to prepare & to play that bad is a disgrace. Lucas at CB against Vardy was clearly going to be a huge problem.
    He is probably too loyal to certain players as well.

I don't care what he says, show how you feel on the pitch, then I'll listen.

That's the worst I've ever seen Mane perform. What in the name of **** was he doing out there?

I just assumed he'd remember how to dribble or control a ball at some point but he just never did. If ever there's grounds to be a hauled off at half time (and absolutely flayed by Klopp) then that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

It's mad how effective we are when the front 6 of Hendo, gini, lallana, cout, bobby, mane all play . Equally amazing is how when missing one of that combination we look quite one dimensional.

It really is all or nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Why can't the fullbacks just stay back? Leicester's fullbacks weren't particularly threatening on the attack, they didn't need to be. Milner and Clyne are liabilities on the attack, not only because they give the opposition a chance to counter attack but also because when they have the ball it means someone who can actually produce some quality doesn't.

Because thats how we've always played under Klopp, and thats what he expects of his FB's/WBs. Your point is correct though, their qualities aren't in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Gbear wrote: »
    To be fair, Clyne should only be shooting as an absolute last resort - only if he can't boot the ball into his own net or literally kill himself.

Clyne a big weak link in our attacking... I dont think he's good enough going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm obviously not watching the post match stuff, but I hope Klopp just says it was a terrible performance, Leicester deserved to win, and him and the squad need to figure out how to fix things.

He'll probably say "we'll learn from this", just like all the other times he's said it after a defeat. But you know what? They won't learn! They haven't learned anything from previous defeats.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Because thats how we've always played under Klopp, and thats what he expects of his FB's/WBs. Your point is correct though, their qualities aren't in attack.

Yeah it's shoving square pegs into round holes. If you have a system, but don't have the players for that system, then don't play that system. They've become so reliant on just hoping the fullbacks put in a cross to nobody, it's rudimentary brainless attacking.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement