Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I love how shamrock goes missing after a win :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

To think we have 2 of front 3 of the best attacking Brazil side in maybe 20 years starting for us every week.

And for only €250 million, we can have the third. But enough about Fred...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

To think we have 2 of front 3 of the best attacking Brazil side in maybe 20 years starting for us every week.

that wouldn't get into the United starting 11.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Still buzzing lads...don't think I've been this happy about a win all season. Daft really cos we've had much better wins but just something about the way we turned it around. The first half was so unbelievably awful I couldn't see any way to turn it around and win.

Same. Mostly because conceding the goal before HT seemingly confirmed that it was going to be one of those days. Massive win in the circumstances.

On a side note, if it was a league full of Liverpools, fucking Walters would win the Ballon d'Or every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sure feck it, if Costa can be Spanish let's make Mane Brazilian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

And they would nick games 1-0 ,, 2-0 if we played defensively, but we don't.

They could not help but be creative, even in a Chelsea side. We should adapt and be more formidable, knowing in 88th then can win a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Oopps
    Look at spurs points.

9pts gap on Arsenal and United
    We have the points on the board regardless of games in hand.
    We have great chance now .

Its not a chance ye as good as have it unless arsenal can do a magic run and win at least 7 of there last nine games.

Ye need 10 points id say max to get 4th no way will we win 7 of ours and arsenal look just as bad.

mosstin wrote: »

On a side note, if it was a league full of Liverpools, fucking Walters would win the Ballon d'Or every season.

It's amazing how we shut down Aguero, Lukaku, Costa, Ibrahimovic and make the likes of Walters, Gray, Niasse, and Barnes look like gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

11 pts from the next 6 should do it. I'm still in shock that we won today it was a typical Liverpool defeat type game.

Where'd your post go,Toby? :D

Did you get the abacus out?

Yea, I was looking at Spurs pts total. They have the 14pts on Arsenal and United which is great steps forward for them. They are a slice of luck away from winning a title soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No where near 20. They won a world cup with a front 3 of Ronaldo, Rivaldo & Ronaldinho for crying out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Post match presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Some actual facts (as opposed to made up one by me earlier)

Coutinho has scored the most goals by a Brazilian in the PL - 29, Bobby F has 19.

18 points won from losing positions (not 15)

Fun Bobby has been carded for goal winning celebrations more times than any other player in the top leagues over the last 4 seasons, just as well he isn't a striker.

That was Liverpool's first league win without Sadio Mane in the squad.

Oh yes - EL football is now a certainty at worst

How many? That's a decent pub quiz question.

How many? That's a decent pub quiz question.

7 cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Such a stupid rule.

Fun Bobby know's he is going to be booked as well... was it over Christmas where he did the fake take of the jersey celebration knowing if he got one more yellow he would get a ban.

Probably the weirdest match review I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Some actual facts (as opposed to made up one by me earlier)

Coutinho has scored the most goals by a Brazilian in the PL - 29, Bobby F has 19.

18 points won from losing positions (not 15)

Fun Bobby has been carded for goal winning celebrations more times than any other player in the top leagues over the last 4 seasons, just as well he isn't a striker.

That was Liverpool's first league win without Sadio Mane in the squad.

Oh yes - EL football is now a certainty at worst

And the most surprising one is that was our first away win in the league in 2017!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Be great if we could resurrect Lallana and Henderson soon. Don't think they'll play against WBA next week but maybe a chance for Palace after that. I see WBA lost at home today. I'm hoping they are half thinking about their holidays already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ricero wrote: »
    I love how shamrock goes missing after a win :pac:

I posted straight after the win ya muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I posted straight after the win ya muppet

You are just what's known around here as clique bait.

Im delighted with the win,when i saw the lineup my heart sank,when i saw the first half it stayed sunk,i honestly could see no way back,why coutunho and firminho were on the bench is anyones gues, sick? Couldnt be that sick if they on the bench,klopp finally got his brain into gear and sent them on and the rest is history,but please klopp dont ****ing put us through that **** again when there was clearly no need

Ah shamrock is liked around here.....a bit negative sometimes but sure aren't we all from time to time.....posters shouldn't take things too serious.....

Any way to ban the word 'clique' from the thread?

Im delighted with the win,when i saw the lineup my heart sank,when i saw the first half it stayed sunk,i honestly could see no way back,why coutunho and firminho were on the bench is anyones gues, sick? Couldnt be that sick if they on the bench,klopp finally got his brain into gear and sent them on and the rest is history,but please klopp dont ****ing put us through that **** again when there was clearly no need

Watch the presser a few posts back, Klopp explains his decisions well enough.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ah shamrock is liked around here.....a bit negative sometimes but sure aren't we all from time to time.....posters shouldn't take things too serious.....

Not really no, when Liverpool won today people were more concerned about calling him out than enjoying the win.

It was a 45 minute game, and we started it 1 nil down.
    We done well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/empireofthekop/status/850792979530952705

Coutinho has the face of a man who is afraid to fart

NukaCola wrote: »

Easy now nuka

Not really no, when Liverpool won today people were more concerned about calling him out than enjoying the win.

Well, all I can say is i didn't, I question him on his posts from time to time and to be fair he always backs up his thoughts, even though I dont always agree with him........pretty much how I treat everyone here, and I would say thats how the majority act also......if he was being called out today I would think its all lighthearted joke stuff rather than trying to be nasty, and I would also say it was maybe 3/4 people at most but I'm open to correction on that..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You've decided to post again I see!

Lads i have my opinions like everyone else,doesnt bother me one bit if lads dont agree with me,i enjoy the bit of banter and critasism shur isnt that what its all about,keep it going i thrive on it

5starpool wrote: »
    You've decided to post again I see!

Yea I thought the clique bait line was worthy of a post in fairness.

The thread has been been free from bickering the past month tbf. Been good to read again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    The thread has been been free from bickering the past month tbf. Been good to read again.

Was good while it lasted

Alonso77 wrote: »
    No it hasn't. :-)

Fcuk off yes it has :mad:

:pac:

Clique in, me out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yea I thought the clique bait line was worthy of a post in fairness.

I don't agree with people not posting unless they are sick of it. Hopefully in the summer the most we'll all be arguing about is how we're going to set up for CL and league games with all our exciting new signings. A tad optimistic though on the 'all our exciting new signings front' but we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Clique in, me out.

Odd how the "clique" seems to be everybody but you...

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't agree with people not posting unless they are sick of it. Hopefully in the summer the most we'll all be arguing about is how we're going to set up for CL and league games with all our exciting new signings. A tad optimistic though on the 'all our exciting new signings front' but we'll see.

We'll probably be in deep discussion about whether we should still get Reus for left back or if we should forget about him and get Neymar to play there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Am I the only one who is not keeping tabs on who says what and what it indicates about which camp one is part of? Hope not :(

Jesus christ somethings wrong,im after getting 3 likes after my last post,what does that mean is something broken??

Jesus christ somethings wrong,im after getting 3 likes after my last post,what does that mean is something broken??

Welcome to the Kliq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Am I the only one who is not keeping tabs on who says what and what it indicates about which camp one is part of? Hope not :(

HA.

BOOKMARKED!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Watching gini today and was thinkin to myself what a shrewd bit of buisness he was. My player of the season. To think paul pogba is worth four times his amount is hilarious

Watching gini today and was thinkin to myself what a shrewd bit of buisness he was. My player of the season. To think paul pogba is worth four times his amount is hilarious

At the same time he nearly assisted the opposition for the second game in a row with his header back to Adam. That being said yeah he's been an excellent signing, great assist for Firmino and he picked out a couple of runs from Firmino like that today.

He is quite good alright,now if we could just get someone alongside him with a bit of grit and steel about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Ye are gas, lads. Gave myself Augeo and Potential Underachiever loads a shíte a while ago for having different opinions than people in here and now ye are ganging up on Shamrock.

Lads literally calling him out instead of enjoying a brilliant win.

Pathetic stuff from the usual suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Ye are gas, lads. Gave myself Augeo and Potential Underachiever loads a shíte a while ago for having different opinions than people in here and now ye are ganging up on Shamrock.

Lads literally calling him out instead of enjoying a brilliant win.

Pathetic stuff from the usual suspects.

Who is "ganging up" on him? I think I only saw 1 poster mention him. Can one person "gang up" on someone? Weird post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gini Wiji has had a couple of mixed games, it must be said. He isn't nearly as comfortable facing the wrong way, then again who is in this team? It's so front foot forwards that anything going the other way really does create far more panic than with almost any other team in the league.

The telegraph have added a new feature to their match reports which has a schematic graphic for each goal - Coutinho's featuring nine players with Couts both the second player in the sequence and the scorer that's how I like our goals

https://cf-particle-html-rbb.eip.telegraph.co.uk/cbdabe6a-4e87-42d4-b0cb-350821e3bd3d.adaptive-pitch.html?ref=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/08/stoke-vs-liverpool-premier-league-live-score-goal-updates/&title=Stoke%201%20Liverpool%202:%C2%A0Super%20subs%20Philippe%20Coutinho%20and%20Roberto%20Firmino%20strike%20to%20reinforce%20top-four%20ambitions

And Firmino's minimalist number

https://cf-particle-html-rbb.eip.telegraph.co.uk/ab17ca93-0c44-4a27-a995-92e68205be17.adaptive-pitch.html?ref=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/08/stoke-vs-liverpool-premier-league-live-score-goal-updates/&title=Stoke%201%20Liverpool%202:%C2%A0Super%20subs%20Philippe%20Coutinho%20and%20Roberto%20Firmino%20strike%20to%20reinforce%20top-four%20ambitions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement