Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Can one person "gang up" on someone?

Maybe if that person has multiple personality disorder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

brevity wrote: »
    Maybe if that person has multiple personality disorder....

Rarnes.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I think you're all a great bunch of lads anyway, clique or no clique....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ye are gas, lads. Gave myself Augeo and Potential Underachiever loads a shíte a while ago for having different opinions than people in here and now ye are ganging up on Shamrock.

Lads literally calling him out instead of enjoying a brilliant win.

Pathetic stuff from the usual suspects.

It's the internet. Pretty much everyone has got picked on for a day or so in here. Usually coincides with a poor result or worse still, an international break. With a hard neck, you just ignore it and it moves on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To put things into a bit of perspective.

Since Rafa's last season we have only finished above 63 points once so and we have hit that this season with 6 games to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Love the players running to Klopp to celebrate Bobby's goal too. Great to see that. I know he will take no crap but once you get on with him, I'm sure he's brilliant to motivate them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

you know what today showed, Liverpool are not a one Mane team like they have been accused of :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

you know what today showed, Liverpool are not a one Mane team like they have been accused of :p

No, but if Coutinho picks up an injury then by God are we in trouble!

Just seen the MotD segment (haven't watched it in a while) - how do Liverpool get away with that defending and not have it commented upon...?! Espeically winaldum heading it back to four Stoke strikers on the line, dear Jesus...

Finally - any news on when Hendo or Lallana are due back?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just for the record i dont feel like people are ganging up on me at all, i can put up with plenty crap off lads here,in fact i enjoy it and welcome it,its all about opinions as is every topic in the world,the world would be an awfull boring place if we all liked and agreed on the same things,we all love liverpool at the end of the day,and we all want whats best,its just that some lads dont agree on the best or right way to achieve that,so what,whos right and whos wrong,the answer is nobody,so lads keep the opinions coming, be they upbeat or like myself mainly downbeat,its what make the forum what its is-a bit of craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I actually didn't realise how close we are to Man City, only one point off if they win their game in hand. Third place is within reach.

• Advertisement

Who was it that headed the ball back into the box when migs made a great save from adam,dreadfull bit of play it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Who was it that headed the ball back into the box when migs made a great save from adam,dreadfull bit of play it was

Wijnaldum. Terrible alright.

I actually didn't realise how close we are to Man City, only one point off if they win their game in hand. Third place is within reach.

Their game in hand is against Man Utd. A draw there would be perfect.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Their game in hand is against Man Utd. A draw there would be perfect.

It'll probably be one of the last games of the season, so who knows, we might well be funking a utd win.

5starpool wrote: »
    It'll probably be one of the last games of the season, so who knows, we might well be funking a utd win.

You wash your mouth out with soap,young man :mad:

Wijnaldum. Terrible alright.

Yea just noticed it on motd again earlier,wtf was he trying to do,nearly 2 layed on a plate in 3 days

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yea just noticed it on motd again earlier,wtf was he trying to do,nearly 2 layed on a plate in 3 days

Seemed to completely misjudge the flight of the ball. I'd have been gutted for him if Adam scored because he's been great all season and that's probably all people would talk about. Mig bailed him out big time.

The chance for Adam should've been ruled for offside anyway, Wijnaldum heads it back to Adam, who knocks it down to Berahino who touches it back to Adam, but Berahino was offside when Adam knocked it to him.

You wash your mouth out with soap,young man :mad:

It'd be a weird match thread. Liverpool fans wanting utd to win, and Utd fans probably wanting utd to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It'd be a weird match thread. Liverpool fans wanting utd to win, and Utd fans probably wanting utd to lose.

Basically Liverpool vs. Chelsea 2010 the other way around.

That's still the weirdest day I've ever had as a Liverpool fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

martyos121 wrote: »
    Basically Liverpool vs. Chelsea 2010 the other way around.

That's still the weirdest day I've ever had as a Liverpool fan.

Blackburn at home on the last day of 95. Win that and we'd be potentially handing the title to United (as it happened, we did win, but United drew so Bburn win - all good :D )

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Blackburn at home on the last day of 95. Win that and we'd be potentially handing the title to United (as it happened, we did win, but United drew so Bburn win - all good :D )

Jamie Redknapp with such a sublime free.

I still cant forgive him.

I actually remember that day so clearly, after cycling to the offo and getting 6 cans of Royal Dutch. Don't judge me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

spurs are showing you don't need to spend 500 million to challenge at the top,got to give them credit,very very solid team now. Interesting few years ahead I think in the top 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some actual facts (as opposed to made up one by me earlier)

Coutinho has scored the most goals by a Brazilian in the PL - 29, Bobby F has 19.

18 points won from losing positions (not 15)

Fun Bobby has been carded for goal winning celebrations more times than any other player in the top leagues over the last 4 seasons, just as well he isn't a striker.

That was Liverpool's first league win without Sadio Mane in the squad.

Oh yes - EL football is now a certainty at worst

Interesting fact the previous record holder was his cousin Juninho :D

I was in first year n college then, and now August I had a £2 accumulator on 4 teams to win their divisions at odds of just under 400/1 and Blackburn was the only leg I was waiting for (Boro for D1 as it was then, Birmingham for D2 and Rangers in Scotland as well). Imagine how conflicted I was? That's a lot of money for a student in 1995. All worked out though thankfully. Thanks Andy Cole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The chance for Adam should've been ruled for offside anyway, Wijnaldum heads it back to Adam, who knocks it down to Berahino who touches it back to Adam, but Berahino was offside when Adam knocked it to him.

The sky commentators mentioned if Berahino touched it he would have been offside, seeing motd again this morning that exactly what happened he did touch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seemed to completely misjudge the flight of the ball. I'd have been gutted for him if Adam scored because he's been great all season and that's probably all people would talk about. Mig bailed him out big time.

Looked like he knew he had to get the ball but was afraid to stick his head on it properly in case he got a boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So it's not all about the Mane after all.

Also Charlie Adams makes a mockery of the term 'professional footballer' and to think I didn't mind him at Liverpool.
    Damn you Charlie Adams for making me care and then disappointing me!

Betfair and Paddy Power both have Liverpool 4/11 for Top4. All other firms are much tighter with the price but Betfair is more often than not the "real" price or as close as you'll get to it.

Arsenal are 5/2 with PP and Boylsports but bigger elsewhere.

Essentially Arsenal have under a 1 in 4 chance of making it according to the markets, Utd 1 in 5 ish.

So we are 3 to 1 on ............ far from dead cert of course but we are getting there :D

• Advertisement

Just looking at the table there. Don't think we can win it now. :(

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Looked like he knew he had to get the ball but was afraid to stick his head on it properly in case he got a boot.

Yeah I watched it again earlier and you're right. I didn't pick up on it yesterday for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

OwaynOTT wrote:
    Charlie Adams

You know the worst thing is some people really believe that is his name

Mr.H wrote: »

I work with a guy that thinks that's his name and calls Stoke "Stroke". Drives me mental. You should hear him try to get his mouth around Wijnaldum.

Kenneth Williams pic in 5...4...3...

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just looking at the table there. Don't think we can win it now. :(

Ugh...I can't stand all the negativity on this thread waaaa waaaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its April 27th

• Advertisement

Its April 27th

I thought it was later for some reason. Anyhow, once Sunderland (lol) and Chelsea beat utd in the next 2 games we'll be ok with a utd win to help us get 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd say only the most optimistic of spanners thought Liverpool were going to come out of that game with a win when losing at half time. Massive result.

Hopefully gives us a platform to push on from now in this final run.

I hope Man Utd don't absolutely batter Sunderland, GD might be key yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Were on track to concede 50 league goals for 4th season in a row.

I think we'll have to put up with that under Klopp..... as a side note I don't think we will concede 10 goals in our next 6 games :) Couldn't really care less if we get Top4 how many goals we concede tbh.

A great DM that could pass would solve so much of our problems and also possibly suit Klopp's style so perhaps a CM/DM like that is on the shopping list.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »

Sorry, Charles Adams.

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd say only the most optimistic of spanners thought Liverpool were going to come out of that game with a win when losing at half time. Massive result.

Hopefully gives us a platform to push on from now in this final run.

I'll thank you not to call me optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Augeo wrote: »
    I hope Man Utd don't absolutely batter Sunderland, GD might be key yet :)

I'm not worried about Utd, look at their fixtures they will drop points. They have to play Chelsea, City Arsenal and Spurs.

I think we're chasing third spot now.

Yesterday is a great confidence boost.

Yesterday was all about keeping pace, none of our rivals would've been expected to drop points this weekend anyway, it's the next few weeks that see them all play each other and that's where we need to capitalise.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm not worried about Utd..........

Indeed, they have 1.8ppg in their last 10 up to today.
    Take that over their last 8 games, add today's 3 pts and what they currently have and they end up on less than 72 pts :pac:

They need 16 pts from 8 games to hit 73 points.

I'm not worried as such but I wouldn't be writing them off either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I thought it was later for some reason. Anyhow, once Sunderland (lol) and Chelsea beat utd in the next 2 games we'll be ok with a utd win to help us get 3rd.
    It would be in Utds best interest to lose that game and keep Sunderland up.

If they go down, where will all their rejects end up?:pac:
    #entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

murpho999 wrote:
    I'm not worried about Utd, look at their fixtures they will drop points. They have to play Chelsea, City Arsenal and Spurs.

I'm worried about them winning the Europa there's only muck left in it this year, they should be shot if they don't win it

I'm worried about them winning the Europa there's only muck left in it this year, they should be shot if they don't win it

Why does that worry you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We've lost 4 away from home which is 3rd best in league.
    We've lost 1 at home, which is second best in league.

White Hart Lane is a fortress though. No losses for them.
    Chelsea lost 2 at home, double the amount we lost at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Why does that worry you?

Don't!

Why does that worry you?

For a different type of answer, it'd be bad because them with CL would be more likely to get the top drawer players in. Obviously they are a big draw anyhow, especially with the massive budget, but without that it might stop some at least signing for them as it has become a habit now nearly with it being 3 from 4 seasons they will have missed out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement