Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paul Joyce on a times webchat says Fulhams highly rated left back teen sensation Ryan Sessegnon is a priority target for the summer. Also looking for a centre back to replace Sakho.

Something to watch if bored

C9_ERCR7_W0_AEbhg_L_png_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well I don't see how a bad tackle on a football field during a competitive match warrants a violent assault in a bar.

I think Barkley was probably eulogising about the soft-pop mid 80's period of Phil Collins'
    career.

Totally deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Sessegnon is only 16. Looks a very good prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxl4m6bJMj4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    People are emotionally complex creatures, and when you're feeling the most vulnerable and betrayed is not generally a time when cold logic and reason are at the forefront of your mind.

Especially if you have a feed of drinks in you.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sessegnon is only 16. Looks a very good prospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxl4m6bJMj4

If we were to buy him (assuming the ban doesn't cover him too) then can anyone really see us playing him as our first choice LB, or even giving him much more first XI time than the likes of Woodburn or Alexander-Arnold got this season? I'm guessing that given the hype he'd cost around 20m as well.

• Advertisement

He will be 17 in the summer so that's not an issue. He would shadow Milner I expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Even at 16 he has 20 odd games and and a half dozen goals from LB at championship level that alone would stand to him more than any our young lads playing under 23's.

By accounts he is the real deal and I'd say the club don't want to to miss him like they did with that lad at Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would love Sessegnon. Really looks special every time I see him, and would be a real genuine game changer to have on the bench. Don't see him being a left back for his career either, he's far too good going forward for that.

Most likely be a huge fee superficially, that when broken down actually includes a lot of performance based add-ons over the next few years.

Barkley, overrated and suited to a smaller club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

That's because it doesn't, only a knuckle dragger would think it did.

Brilliant ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Barkley, overrated and suited to a smaller club.

So he is grand were he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sakho throwing himself about the pitch against Arsenal, just made a great double block, if he can take points from them here that'll be service enough to us.

please no jinx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The way these commentators go on you'd swear Sakho never had a decent game for the club. All talk of "he's found his form at Palace". He was generally good when he played for us.

Gah, really annoying watching Sakho do exactly the kind of defending we so badly need. One of those moments in the Arsenal match there, where you can just feel a goal coming for Arsenal, but Sakho's in the right place and makes a double block, and they get out.

<edit> ha, apparently we're all watching it!

Dub13 wrote: »
    So he is grand were he is.

Absolutely

The way these commentators go on you'd swear Sakho never had a decent game for the club. All talk of "he's found his form at Palace". He was generally good when he played for us.

They couldn't pick him apart quick enough at Liverpool, every touch they'd talk about how uncomfortable he looked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Gah, really annoying watching Sakho do exactly the kind of defending we so badly need. One of those moments in the Arsenal match there, where you can just feel a goal coming for Arsenal, but Sakho's in the right place and makes a double block, and they get out.

<edit> ha, apparently we're all watching it!

Why not get annoyed for Sakho blowing his chances with Klopp then?

There is only one person to blame for all of this and it's the player himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Sakho getting better with every game he doesn't play for us!

At the end of the day when he was here he was about as reliable as Lovren, we need to improve on that level and Matip looks to be an improvement on both Sakho and Lovren thus far.

If he didn't act the bollox he would still be here and of that sets the tone of what is expected to the rest of the squad then so be it

Yeah, Sakho ****ed it up, nobody else. It's a pity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Given the serious doubt about him ever wearing the pool jersey again, him playing better and better only pushes his price tag up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Given the serious doubt about him ever wearing the pool jersey again, him playing better and better only pushes his price tag up.

Yuup we should have a good bit of money to spend from player sales with him, sturridge and moreno leaving. Reckon we get near 50 millon for the 3 of them and thats not including the likes of stewart and others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

They couldn't pick him apart quick enough at Liverpool, every touch they'd talk about how uncomfortable he looked.

Truth is that he did look uncomfortable, especially in possession. His passing stats were excellent as were his choice of passes. He just looked lumbering.
    Naturally, given the 'top top' nature of punditry in the UK, commentators latched on to his style as opposed to the substance behind it, not least Alan Smith.
    Regardless though, I think it's futile yearning for him. He's almost certainly done with Klopp and hopefully this doesn't become a stick for some to beat him with next season if his replacement isn't an instant success.

Big Sam helping Liverpool tonight. He should be at Real Madrid some day!

That's a Gerrard-esque strike from Cabaye. Forgot he was still at Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Not watching the game, is Sakho in with any squeak for MOTM? Have one of those weird combo bets on PP @ 50/1 and that'd be the last leg.

Also, cheers Palace. Great lads altogether.

Not watching the game, is Salvo in with any squeak for MOTM? Have one of those weird combo bets on PP @ 50/1 and that'd be the last leg.

Also, cheers Palace. Great lads altogether.

Probably not, he's been good but Arsenal have been so blunt he's barely had anything to defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Arsenal are such a laugh.

Palace fans singing 'Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay'.

Sakho is the real deal, we need him back ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Can someone shine a light on what exactly happened with Sakho at Liverpool?? I know about the diet pills incident (although I believe they were still legal). What else happened that was so serious that he could never play for Liverpool again??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Can someone shine a light on what exactly happened with Sakho at Liverpool?? I know about the diet pills incident (although I believe they were still legal). What else happened that was so serious that he could never play for Liverpool again??

He was acting the bollocks on the clubs pre season tour to the states and was late to arrive for the plane over to the states. More to it i reckon

• Advertisement

GiftofGab wrote: »

For one, the diet pills were only really legal through a bit of a loophole and it was irresponsible for him to be taking anything like that without consulting the club first.

On top of that it just seemed to be behind the scenes behaviour problems, showing up late to training, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just watching since halftime. Palace full value for 2-0 over that period. Arsenal look disjointed and Mr Whinger sitting down sulking since I turned on.

Agents, Sakho, Kelly and Benteke, good work lads. Good result for the Pool if it stays this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Good result tonight but I'm now worried about playing palace in a few weeks time!!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Good result tonight but I'm now worried about playing palace in a few weeks time!!

At least they won't have Sakho.

Apparently he's not good enough for us so it probably won't make a difference! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Massive result tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Big Sam seems to love him. This is a sore spot for me with Klopp. So he acted the bollocks, is there no redemption? It's very stubborn. Where can we get a better CB and formhow much? He is exactly what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Big Sam seems to love him. This is a sore spot for me with Klopp. So he acted the bollocks, is there no redemption? It's very stubborn. Where can we get a better CB and formhow much? He is exactly what we need.

He had his ups and downs with us to say the least, but keep him fit and he's about as good as we're going to get. There's not that many good centre-halves out there - look at what City spent on Stones, Mangala and Otamendi. I'd certainly like to see Sakho and Matip play together.

He was excellent in the derby game last year and against Dortmund. I think we could have won that final with him at CB.

I agree, there are a lot of footballers that are complete idiots but if they do the job on the pitch a lot of the off field stuff gets over looked.

Sam said after the game against Chelsea that he would love to sign Sahko permanently but thinks that with performances that he's giving for Palace on loan his value would be more than Palace could afford.

Seeing as they paid 32.5 mill for Benteke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Delightful implosion from Arsenal.

If we're going to sell him to Palace we should get them to throw Zaha into the deal.

• Advertisement

If we're going to sell him to Palace we should get them to throw Zaha into the deal.

I was thinking that too. Zaha plus 32.5 million :pac:

But seriously, if we're looking for another winger Zaha is worth a shout. He's improved in performance since he left United.

Brilliant result, wasn't really expecting it. Agent Sakho doing his bit for his soon to be ex-club.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I was thinking that too. Zaha plus 32.5 million :pac:

But seriously, if we're looking for another winger Zaha is worth a shout. He's improved in performance since he left United.

Zaha is a show pony. Wouldn't be a fan at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great result. Sakho player very well and is certainly one of the cornerstones for palace's revival. He's also clearly a fans favourite.

Would I take him back? In a heartbeat. But only if he had a ' if you act the Bollix you are automatically docked a weeks wages' type clause added to his contract by Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Killing me seeing just how much of a difference Sakho has made to a poxy team like Palace, while Liverpool stumble on with that useless lump Klavan.

I'm annoyed at both.

If what happened behind closed doors was bad enough that he simply couldn't be allowed around the club, then he had to be replaced. I think everyone would firmly agree that Sakho is always a better option than Klavan, Lucas, and Gomez at CB.

You don't think there's a question of having found his level at Palace?

Either way, Klopp has to manage the club and maintain discipline and let other players know what is expected.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great result. Sakho player very well and is certainly one of the cornerstones for palace's revival. He's also clearly a fans favourite.

Would I take him back? In a heartbeat. But only if he had a ' if you act the Bollix you are automatically docked a weeks wages' type clause added to his contract by Klopp.

He was the model professional with the U23's, according to Michael Beale.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/10826288/measuring-the-impact-liverpools-mamadou-sakho-has-had-at-crystal-palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bit bored and did this up, current points and max points if team win all their remaining games

Chelsea 75 (96)
    Spurs 68 (89)
    Liverpool 63 (81)
    Man C 61 (82)
    Man U 57 (81)
    Arsenal 54 (78)
    Everton 54 (72)

9 more points and Everton can't catch Liverpool

You don't think there's a question of having found his level at Palace?

Either way, Klopp has to manage the club and maintain discipline and let other players know what is expected.

Found his level at Palace?

He would have been first choice in France's defence last summer at the Euro's.

He's now played and beat Chelsea and Arsenal for Crystal Palace. They won four and conceded 1 goal (Chelsea) in his first four games.

To say he found his level at Palace is a bit disingenuous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement