Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Bit bored and did this up, current points and max points if team win all their remaining games

Chelsea 75 (96)
    Spurs 68 (89)
    Liverpool 63 (81)
    Man C 61 (82)
    Man U 57 (81)
    Arsenal 54 (78)
    Everton 54 (72)

9 more points and Everton can't catch Liverpool

What goal difference did you give between us and United? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

murpho999 wrote: »
    You don't think there's a question of having found his level at Palace?

Either way, Klopp has to manage the club and maintain discipline and let other players know what is expected.

Found his level at Palace? Hahahahahah.
    He's better than all our defenders including Matip (and I really like Matip).

He's a French International. He was only left out of the Euro's cos of the doping scandal.

He's an exceptional defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Either way, Klopp has to manage the club and maintain discipline and let other players know what is expected.

I wouldn't disagree with that the discipline part, I just hope that he leaves a way back for him now. Tells him he's been punished for what he did and he's served that punishment and he'll start the new season with a clean slate.

I honestly don't see where Liverpool could realistically sign a better centre-back from. Even if they sell him for £30m, they won't sign as good a defender for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Bit bored and did this up, current points and max points if team win all their remaining games

Chelsea 75 (96)
    Spurs 68 (89)
    Liverpool 63 (81)
    Man C 61 (82)
    Man U 57 (81)
    Arsenal 54 (78)
    Everton 54 (72)

Don't some of those (city and utd etc) have to play each other so the final table can'trreally look like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Absolutely glowing words there.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

I heard that Sakho tried to get another player to take the diet pills as well and all behind the clubs back and as for Zaha, let's just say that he is not blessed with a lot of grey matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He's found his level at Palace...playing against all the same teams and players he would for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Don't some of those (city and utd etc) have to play each other so the final table can'trreally look like that?

points in brackets are if each of those teams win their games, it can't look like that but it is the max points they can get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea 75 (96)
    Spurs 68 (89)
    Liverpool 63 (81)
    Man C 61 (82)
    Man U 57 (81)
    Arsenal 54 (78)
    Everton 54 (72)

Given the number of head to heads still to be played that table means nothing really - and you are better than that!

• Advertisement

Given the number of head to heads still to be played that table means nothing really - and you are better than that!

Was not making a table, just pointing out the max points each team can get if they win all their remaining games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Was not making a table, just pointing out the max points each team can get if they win all their remaining games

Cant believe you made a table........ :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

United have to play Chelsea at home then Arsenal, Man City and Spurs away! Four scoreless draws please!!!

They also have to play Burnley away who are no push overs on home turf as we found out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Sakho is playing well no doubt, but he's left before a game because he didn't make the first 11, been late to training, and the whole taking diet pills fiasco, that's three strikes right there and there's probably more we don't know about. He also was in the papers this week saying how he would love to play for us again but then saying that everyone is late for training so I'm not even sure if he accepts he's done something wrong tbh.

It's up to Klopp if he wants to give him another chance but if he gets rid, he is completely justified.

On Zaha he looks like a player right now the biggest problem is he'll be missing for acon, not sure if we can do without 2 wingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He had his ups and downs with us to say the least, but keep him fit and he's about as good as we're going to get. There's not that many good centre-halves out there - look at what City spent on Stones, Mangala and Otamendi. I'd certainly like to see Sakho and Matip play together.

This.

Difficult for anyone to play with Lovren if you ask me, as he is very rash at times. Personally I'd love to see how Sakho got on beside Matip who I think would have a calming influence on him.

Sakho is ultimately responsible for the fall out, but there has to be a way back. Mananagement is about sorting these things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arsenal play away on a monday next round of games, playing last again is not helping. Gap could be huge if results go badly for them and good for us and City .
    All five teams above them won this round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Cant believe you made a table........ :pac:

Can't believe I read it.

Though I was board.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Reading the Arsenal thread after I can't help feeling somewhat sympathetic, the poor b@stards are going through similar to us at various times. But it's difficult to not be delighted at the same time, ahh football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like Arsenal. Like Arsenal fans for the most part. Like Wenger. Glady take their place in the CL, though. G'luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I reckon that's Liverpool sorted for a top 4 spot now. Arsenal aren't going to get it and I don't think Man Utd will either with their fixture list. Win half of your remaining games and I reckon Liverpool will comfortably get it. Will feel weird as an Arsenal fan not getting champions league, but it is what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Man United's fixtures look like ones we'd win more than the ones we have, but we've been a little more resilient of late, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon that's Liverpool sorted for a top 4 spot now. Arsenal aren't going to get it and I don't think Man Utd will either with their fixture list. Win half of your remaining games and I reckon Liverpool will comfortably get it. Will feel weird as an Arsenal fan not getting champions league, but it is what it is.

Could do with yous beating utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Could do with yous beating utd.

I'd love to beat them, but we won't. Thats the one "difficult" match they will win. Mourinho never loses to Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Reading the Arsenal thread after I can't help feeling somewhat sympathetic, the poor b@stards are going through similar to us at various times. But it's difficult to not be delighted at the same time, ahh football.

Yep, strong feelings and harsh words. Delighted it's happening to them and not us.

It's really all about United/Arsenal results for the next while, Chelsea and Spurs are fairly irrelevant.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We're definitely favourites and could get 3rd either, but I still don't trust us. If we beat West Brom and Chelsea beat Utd next week I'll be more confident. Far from a done deal at this stage although things are heavily in our favour now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Only for the injuries I reckon we'd absolutely piss top 4. Maybe even 3rd. It's the injuries rather than the competition that is giving me pause for thought still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Is there any scope for players to return next game?

I really think Sturridge is going to get a chance to contribute. Maybe not a start but Deffo a few subs.

If we beat WBA, regardless of utd result, I'll be as confident as I can be without being certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

noodler wrote: »
    Is there any scope for players to return next game?

I really think Sturridge is going to get a chance to contribute. Maybe not a start but Deffo a few subs.

If we beat WBA, regardless of utd result, I'll be as confident as I can be without being certain.

No chance of Hendo and Lallana being back for WBA anyway. Maybe Palace after that is a possibility. That game isn't until Sunday week the 23rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Found his level at Palace?

He would have been first choice in France's defence last summer at the Euro's.

He's now played and beat Chelsea and Arsenal for Crystal Palace. They won four and conceded 1 goal (Chelsea) in his first four games.

To say he found his level at Palace is a bit disingenuous.
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Found his level at Palace? Hahahahahah.
    He's better than all our defenders including Matip (and I really like Matip).

He's a French International. He was only left out of the Euro's cos of the doping scandal.

He's an exceptional defender.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    He's found his level at Palace...playing against all the same teams and players he would for us.

By 'found his level' I mean more than just being on the pitch.

Different pressures and expectations in playing for Palace and Liverpool.

Different discipline required, which he could not keep up with at Liverpool with two managers.

Also, he's only played 6 games for Palace and people are making him out to be a world beater.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Klopp might take him back but I think in order for that to happen, Sakho will have to show genuine remorse and prove to Klopp he's changed his ways.

I doubt if that will happen and a few good games for Palace should not change Klopp's position on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

By 'found his level' I mean more than just being on the pitch.

Different pressures and expectations in playing for Palace and Liverpool.

Different discipline required, which he could not keep up with at Liverpool with two managers.

Also, he's only played 6 games for Palace and people are making him out to be a world beater.

Maybe I'm wrong, and Klopp might take him back but I think in order for that to happen, Sakho will have to show genuine remorse and prove to Klopp he's changed his ways.

I doubt if that will happen and a few good games for Palace should not change Klopp's position on this.

You make it sound like in his time at Liverpool he was ever anything other than our best CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You make it sound like in his time at Liverpool he was ever anything other than our best CB.

Well in a long run of poor CBs that's not exactly hard to do.

No matter how good he is/was, he has to have discipline and this is where he is lacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Will Henderson and Lallana make next game. Lallana will be key, need him back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I like sakho, as good as he played last night he still got his team in the crapper on one occasion by trying to be smart and just not clearing the ball when he was stuck on the touchline..

He got dispossed and they were in on goal,from nothing. He also attempts too many passes that require complete accuracy in tight situations at the back,takes silly risks with them to look good imo,no need.

But he can defend better than klavan and lovren , himself and migs would put me in a early grave if I'm honest,nerves couldn't take the silly risks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I like sakho, as good as he played last night he still got his team in the crapper on one occasion by trying to be smart and just not clearing the ball when he was stuck on the touchline..

He got dispossed and they were in on goal,from nothing. He also attempts too many passes that require complete accuracy in tight situations at the back,takes silly risks with them to look good imo,no need.

But he can defend better than klavan and lovren , himself and migs would put me in a early grave if I'm honest,nerves couldn't take the silly risks.

Better than what we have and an excellent pass completion rate.

Bottom line for me.

Top4 markets...........

Arsenal are now out to 6 or 7 to 1 with most firms.
    Utd are as short as 3/1 with a good few.
    We (us) are 2/9 or 1/5 ish.

Completely in our own hands with 6 games to play.
    Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sappy404 wrote: »

I didn't know we had a partnership with them. Could have got Leon Bailey or Wilfred Ndidi in January off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sakho an exceptional defender???? Jaysus. Seems the less he plays for us the better he gets. If people are attributing palaces clean sheets to him then do they attribute many of the 50 goals we conceded in the league last year to him as well? The same problems we have this season conceding goals are the same problems we had last year. Sakho didn't make a difference to our defence last year if the stats are anything to go by. At top of all this his drug ban, his indiscipline, p*ssing klopp off. etc etc Good luck to the lad, i hope he does well and we get about 20-30m for him in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Chelsea 75 (96)
    Spurs 68 (89)
    Liverpool 63 (81)
    Man C 61 (82)
    Man U 57 (81)
    Arsenal 54 (78)
    Everton 54 (72)

United play , Arsenal,City and Spurs so its impossible for everyone to in there remaining games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

United play , Arsenal,City and Spurs so its impossible for everyone to in there remaining games,

He explained that its just the maximum points each team can get, not an actual table.

• Advertisement

4 wins and we will get 4th
    5 wins and we will get 3rd

There are 5 games left where, one of another top 6 have to drop points, so 5 weeks basically where the other can not get maximum points, mean every week bar 1 someone around us has to drop points or if a draw 2 teams will drop ionts,
    United-Chelsa
    Spurs -United
    Spurs -Arsenal
    Arsenal- United
    City- united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Shoddy work citytilidie, shoddy.

Redeem yourself by finding out how our uefa club coefficient looks, vis a vis the chances of being seeded in the CL qualifier draw if we do get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Melissa Reddy is saying both Milan clubs are interested in Moreno with a £15m price tag on him.

Melissa Reddy is saying both Milan clubs are interested in Moreno with a £15m price tag on him.

Foreign tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Buon viaggio!

Or are we paying them?

Buon viaggio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pffft, loan with us subsidising half his wages and an obligation to buy if he makes 37 starts and wins the ballon d'or.

Damn Italians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

hefferboi wrote: »
    I didn't know we had a partnership with them. Could have got Leon Bailey or Wilfred Ndidi in January off them.

Presumably any deal has since lapsed. But did you look at that list? If we'd actually taken a look at their squad that year we'd likely have Courtois and de Bruyne right now. Instead we signed Brad Jones and Christian Poulsen.

Shoddy work citytilidie, shoddy.

Redeem yourself by finding out how our uefa club coefficient looks, vis a vis the chances of being seeded in the CL qualifier draw if we do get 4th.

At the moment finishing 3rd would be better as Liverpool are around 5th and 6th seeds, so on the ropes if they would be seeded in the play off round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Chelsea 75 (96)
    Spurs 68 (89)
    Liverpool 63 (81)
    Man C 61 (82)
    Man U 57 (81)
    Arsenal 54 (78)
    Everton 54 (72)

I love this. Someone actually just makes a point and next everyone is on him thinking he made a table while seeking out quick back pats for clever put downs.

The above is actually a great point and shows how many points each team can individually achieve. This of course will be changed by the fact that a lot of these teams play each other and will take points from each other.

So the situation looks like this:

Chelsea 75 - United, Soton, Everton, Boro, WBA, Sunderland, Watford (tba)

Chelsea have 75 points and can get a maximum of 96 points if they win all of the remaining games. This however means that of the top 4 chasing teams, United and Everton would both lose a potential 3 points. This of course is not a prediction as these games could go any way at all. But it is a good indicator of how vital these games are to all concerned. - if chelsea win 5 more games they take the title

Spurs 68 - Bournemouth, Palace, Arsenal, West Ham, United, Hull, Leicester (tba)

2 of the top 4 teams left also with Arsenal and United. Win their remaining games and those two lose out on a potential 3 points but Spurs could finish the season with 89 points. - 5 more wins will see them without doubt keep a top 2 spot, albeit beating united means they would only need to win another 3 (apart from united) to secure champions league football (only a huge fail would stop that anyway)

Liverpool 63 - WBA, Palace, Watford, Soton, West Ham, Boro

No top teams remaining. We can get a total of 81. Incidentally they next game against WBA. If we win this we secure top 7. We dont have a good record against these teams but if we can fight through these game we have a great chance at a top 3. - We cant secure champions league football unless we win our games. We slip up and our rivals will replace us. Simple. We win end of.....

City 61 - Soton, United, Boro, palace, Leicester, Watford, West Brom (tba)

City can get 82. Only United are the top 4 side they face.

United 57 - Chelsea, Burnley, City, Swansea, Arsenal, Spurs, Palace, Soton (tba)

United can get 81. They have 8 games left and 4 of those are against top 4 rivals. They win their games and they will be unlucky if they miss a top 4 spot.

Arsenal 54 - Boro, Leicester, Spurs, United, Stoke, Everton, Sunderland and Soton (tba)

Arsenal can get 78. 3 rivals remaining. They are still in the race but they need to do what they do best and beat the small teams. Often talked down for no showing against the top 4, they always dispatched the lesser teams and that kept them in the top 4. Wining their non top 4 games would take them to 69 points. That would leave them with 3 vital games to get what they can from and hopefully for them they can sneak a top 4. Propblem is losing any more games against non top 4 sides will mean their premier league season is over realistically.

Everton 54 - Burnley, West Ham, Chelsea, Swansea, Watford, Arsenal

Everton can get 72. They need to win every game. A draw will take them to a possible total of 69 points. Not enough for a top 4 but to be fair to our neighbors a Europa spot is worth a lot more these days. Just ask United.

A lot of games to be confirmed for dates...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Woodburn nominated for the Golden Boy award.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement