Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Woodburn nominated for the Golden Boy award.

It really does sound like something else entirely, doesn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just beat West Brom.

Cant see us fecking up if we do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

corwill wrote: »

It really does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

corwill wrote: »

Yeah.... I'm not googling that....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

At least we have Palace at home. And without Sakho. I'd hate to have to their place at this stage of the season.

WBA away this weekend a big one though. On paper at least probably our most difficult game remaining.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least we have Palace at home. And without Sakho. I'd hate to have to their place at this stage of the season.

I'm glad it at home too, but they have won the last 2 games in Anfield. Hopefully they get enough points to be safe before we play them and Benteke resembles the player he was when he played for us.

5starpool wrote: »
    ................Benteke resembles the player he was when he played for us.

He'll be very very keen to get one or two in the onion bag. Last time he was at Anfield Klopp more or less gave out to him after the game on the pitch iirc.

It looked that way anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Zaha is the man in form for them. Hes playing very well lately and is exactly the type of player that always causes us problems. His pace against our defence will definitely be troubling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

This doesn't ****ing slip now lads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

rob316 wrote: »
    This doesn't ****ing slip now lads :pac:

Oh lord, the agony......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oh lord, the agony......

Better to laugh than cry bud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lets see if they beat West Brom 1st before looking at Palace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

WBA away this weekend a big one though. On paper at least probably our most difficult game remaining.

As the guardian noted Pulis sides consistently pack it in when they are safe so hopefully that'll remain the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As the guardian noted Pulis sides consistently pack it in when they are safe so hopefully that'll remain the case.

Hopefully they don't get any corners against us.

rob316 wrote: »
    Better to laugh than cry blud, innit fam

FYP

Gerrard to be u-18 manager from next season apparently. Isn't that Neil Critchley's job? Wonder is he getting a promotion or reassigned or getting kicked out? Hopefully not the latter anyhow as I think he's well thought of. Seems Gerrard is being given a more high profile job which will presumably end up with him being on the first XI coaching staff in the next 2-3 years, whether Harry likes it or not (and he won't).

:mad: :p

Feels like rushing him, he and the club really should be taking this slowly. The U18 squad is effectively the bridge between Academy and the first team these days - if you are good enough you'll only be in the U23s for game time - like Woodburn and TAA were for a few months. If Gerrard turns out to have been promoted above his ability coaching the u23 would actually do less harm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Which is something I have kept a close eye on since they reached 40 points and my research shows, as predicted, that they only pack it in against the perceived smaller sides. They still try against the big sides as evidenced when they drew at Old Trafford and even beat Arsenal 3-1 in the past few weeks whilst losing comfortably to Everton and Watford and even losing at home to Southampton. I presume this is due to just how much joy Pulis gleans from "getting one over on the big boys" rather than any integrity for the game.

Not sure beating Arsenal is something to read much into these days! (ditto the Utd result) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Not sure beating Arsenal is something to read much into these days! (ditto the Utd result) :)

True, but it's more than a coincidence imo that they lost all the other 3 all the same since hitting 40.

Well I suppose it could be read as a compliment then when they beat Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Mr.H wrote: »

So the situation looks like this:

Chelsea 75 - United, Soton, Everton, Boro, WBA, Sunderland, Watford (tba)

Spurs 68 - Bournemouth, Palace, Arsenal, West Ham, United, Hull, Leicester (tba)

Liverpool 63 - WBA, Palace, Watford, Soton, West Ham, Boro

City 61 - Soton, United, Boro, palace, Leicester, Watford, West Brom (tba)

United 57 - Chelsea, Burnley, City, Swansea, Arsenal, Spurs, Palace, Soton (tba)

Arsenal 54 - Boro, Leicester, Spurs, United, Stoke, Everton, Sunderland and Soton (tba)

A lot of games to be confirmed for dates...................

Just to continue the fun and games.
    This predicts the final points total based on
    1) Average ppg from the last 6 games
    and
    2) The points from the reverse fixtures.
    Also shows the ppg needed to reach 76 and how that compares versus the season average.

414363.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if it keeps him off the tv im all for it .. stevie

Isn't that Neil Critchley's job? Wonder is he getting a promotion or reassigned or getting kicked out? Hopefully not the latter anyhow as I think he's well thought of.

With Beale moving on, the U-23's , maybe?

Carra and Richard Keys going at it on Twitter.
    What would be your verdict be on the Liverpool players that failed time and again to win the title down the years?

Interested in what your verdict is on why you failed to keep your job at Sky? Not heard you mention it before.

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/851840861881196544

• Advertisement

Carra and Richard Keys going at it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/851840861881196544

Keys gets no sympathy from me for being on the wrong end of that sliding tackle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No sympathy for Keyes but it also shows how pathetic Carragher is.

He'll never be anything other than Bootle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Jamie Carragher is a Liverpool legend, just thought I'd state that fact, carry on....

• Advertisement

Carra does go on Pilsbury Doughboy style meltdowns on Twitter every now and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fair play to Carra.

It all started when Keys tweeted him to say he couldn't call Arsenal players cowards like he did last night.

Keys is just an annoying frustrated nobody who wants to be a somebody.

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/851823262887809024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Always watching. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Carra does go on Pilsbury Doughboy style meltdowns on Twitter every now and then.

Carra is better at point scoring though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That comment from Carragher stood out for me too! Cowards! Ahahaha. He doesnt pull any punches at all. You never know what Carragher is going to come out with :pac:

I'm presuming Keyes is an Arsenal fan then. I don't blame him for calling Carragher on it. I liked Andy Gray and Richard Keyes a lot. They produced a really entertaining and polished football show. In particular I loved Gray's massive enthusiasm for the game. 'Get in you beauty!' and 'take a bow son' are etched into my mind. They really brougt on sports coverage a lot.

Sure they were a bit misogynistic but they had been like that from the start ('lads banter' and all that). Sky really backstabbed them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Circle jerk ahoy!

Have a good one lads.

Circle jerk ahoy!

Have a good one lads.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What?

Idk someone disagreed with him I guess.

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sure they were a bit misogynistic but they had been like that from the start ('lads banter' and all that). Sky really backstabbed them in the end.

No,they stabbed themselves in the back by being misogynistic pricks. Don't know how you could have any pity for them tbh.

• Advertisement

No,they stabbed themselves in the back by being misogynistic pricks. Don't know how you could have any pity for them tbh.

I only do insofar as they were betrayed by Sky. Sky had no problem in throwing them under the bus after they had been a massive part in their success. They completely washed their hands of them. Their attitudes would have been no surprise so to react as they did was disingenuous and didnt show much loyalty.

I dont condone that kinda ****e talk but it's rife in that world. They thought they were off camera, making some stupid comment or observation between them.

Circle jerk ahoy!

Have a good one lads.

Honestly, is there someone we can call? Getting concerned at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That comment from Carragher stood out for me too! Cowards! Ahahaha. He doesnt pull any punches at all. You never know what Carragher is going to come out with :pac:

I'm presuming Keyes is an Arsenal fan then. I don't blame him for calling Carragher on it. I liked Andy Gray and Richard Keyes a lot. They produced a really entertaining and polished football show. In particular I loved Gray's massive enthusiasm for the game. 'Get in you beauty!' and 'take a bow son' are etched into my mind. They really brougt on sports coverage a lot.

Jaysus. I'm at Piers Morgan levels of hatred when I think of old hairy hands. Deserved everything he got and a lot more besides. Odious twat.

I only do insofar as they were betrayed by Sky. Sky had no problem in throwing them under the bus after they had been a massive part in their success. They completely washed their hands of them. Their attitudes would have been no surprise so to react as they did was disingenuous and didnt show much loyalty.

I dont condone that kinda ****e talk but it's rife in that world. They thought they were off camera, making some stupid comment or observation between them.

For the first few years I enjoyed them, but their schtick was getting very tired and I was pretty sick of both of them by the time they got the heave go. I was glad to see the back of them for reasons unconnected to any outrage over what they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That video that came out of Keyes and Gray was the tip of the iceberg I'd say.

****ing creeps the two of them.

For the first few years I enjoyed them, but their schtick was getting very tired and I was pretty sick of both of them by the time they got the heave go. I was glad to see the back of them for reasons unconnected to any outrage over what they said.

That clip of Keys 'bantzing' with Jamie Redknapp would move the tightest to donate heavily to some sort of sad old bastard related charity.

Haha well said Carragher. Can't stand Keys. Gives me the creeps with those ****ing hairy hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Do you think it's still rife at Sky? Or do you think since they left, it's become a more professional environment? I daresay I suspect the latter.

yes, Sky obviously framed it to put themselves in the best light, but what else would you expect? The lads deserved to be fired, and were actually bloody lucky to last as long as they did. I certainly wouldn't give Sky any praise for doing what they did, as I'm sure they acted on what they thought was most profitable for the company. But that doesn't mean Keyes and Gray deserved anything better than they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Actually Richard Keys is a Coventry City fan I think. Couldn't stand Keys and Gray when they were on sky sports, was delighted when they got the boot. Keys does come across as a right old creep.

• Advertisement

So we are looking at Oxlade-Chamberlain and are not put off by the £35m valuation.

He is in the last year of his contract so I'd imagine he would go for a lot less than £35m.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement