Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

Well he should stop going to warm weather training in Spain

I'd take 'em training to Zavodovski Island in the far South Atlantic after that tonight. Ye may have seen it on the recent David Attenborough series. It literally stinks of sulphur and penguin sh*te. The active volcano on it is called Asphyxia!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not adding to the the defence while leaving Sakho, a first team player go, doesn't help. Fair enough there was a falling out but Lucas is not a CB, I dont care if he plays well there the odd game. Ok, the players weren't available etc etc, I'll accept that but come summer if we are fed the same stuff then I will worry.

I wont go into the pathetic performance because I'll only be venting, but really awful stuff. How many Midfielders does Klopp want to play? Its almost funny.

Did you ever get the feeling that there isnt a single person at the club that knows what it takes to sustain a season long campaign in the EPL?.

I am willing to wait until the summer before i go on a proper rant but the last 2 windows we havent stepped up and paid for crucial areas like keeper and left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mada999 wrote: »
    Clyne a big weak link in our attacking... I dont think he's good enough going forward.

He seems to link well enough in midfield or to play Mane into position to isolate the full back but his decision making on the ball is pure AIDS.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    It's mad how effective we are when the front 6 of Hendo, gini, lallana, cout, bobby, mane all play . Equally amazing is how when missing one of that combination we look quite one dimensional.

It really is all or nothing.

Coutinho missed most of December I think and we were more than OK.

I'm sick of saying it, you cannot play 5/6 players out of position in the PL, they're aren't even utility type players to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭Damien360

mada999 wrote: »
    Clyne a big weak link in our attacking... I dont think he's good enough going forward.

As bad as he was, practically every pass he got from Matip tonight was muck. Very hard to do anything when the pass kept getting hit too far forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

4 of our last 5 defeats have come to teams who started the game in the relegation zone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

We're a complete laughing stock at this stage, useless waster muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gbear wrote: »
    That's the worst I've ever seen Mane perform. What in the name of **** was he doing out there?

I just assumed he'd remember how to dribble or control a ball at some point but he just never did. If ever there's grounds to be a hauled off at half time (and absolutely flayed by Klopp) then that was it.

Everyone was awful. Mignolet might be the only one to get pass marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Remember the good ol days of playing with a striker.

• Advertisement

Remember the good ol days of playing with a striker.

If only we had one to play with.

I'm starting to think we were far too lenient on Milner because he's been playing out of position.
    Lenient isn't even the right word, because generally it's not really his fault.

Regardless, our left flank has carried very little threat this season.
    It's more obvious in recent weeks when we've been missing Mané, in body or spirit, that there's no alternative on the other side.

You look at what Mané does when things are going well and he's getting right to the dead ball line, he's isolating defenders, he standing players up in a position where he can pass towards goal, cut back or just run at them. It's incredibly difficult to defend that.

That almost never happens on the left because we don't have anyone playing there. Sometimes Origi, Firmino or Coutinho will head in there but then you've often nobody in the box to actually give the ball to, and anyway, none of them are nearly as good at it as Mané so it's not much of a threat anyway you cut it.

It could well be that if you paired Milner with someone it'd be grand, because he isn't doing much wrong himself, and we don't actually need a LB, but we cannot be this one-dimensional, whatever way we sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

This team and management don't seem to be learning any lessons. And that's very worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

If that means out-spending rivals and over-paying for players for a while, then so be it. It's not like FSG haven't got away with keeping their hand in their pocket of late.

Sorry, but that's not going to happen. Hard to believe that you'll out spend City, United, Chelsea etc over the next few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

daithijjj wrote: »
    So now its "outrageous" to claim Allen isnt strong enough on the ball?.

I apologise to all snowflakes for ever bringing it up.

I was referring to the quote you posted on Joe Cole when I said it was outrageous!!!!!!!

Your comment on Allen wasn't outrageous it was just plain wrong, Its ok to be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's a bit worrying when the fanbase can more or less to a man/woman determine where the shortcomings are both tactically and squad wise and yet the manager sees something else or regards what we see as not in need of immediate alteration with a chainsaw. That's it's part of a longer term scheme and it'll all come together at some point. Passing up the opportunity to strengthen critical areas in January because the exact right player was not available is naive at best and deluded at worst - no one expects Messi or a Kante yet you might get a Suarez or a Masch.

They were out there and a good manager is a pragmatist as much as he is a strategist or tactician.

• Advertisement

Everton only 5 behind us now. We were out of sight of them not long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/255263-peter-moore-appointed-as-lfc-s-chief-executive-officer

Just to top off this crazy evening, Peter Moore of video game and EA/Xbox fame is our new Executive Officer, WTF???

Liverpool Football Club has named Peter Moore as its new chief executive officer.

Liverpool-born Moore will take up his new role in June and report directly to the club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group.

The 61-year-old is currently chief competition officer at Electronic Arts, based in the United States, and will move to Liverpool to join the club in the summer. His nearly 10 years at EA have seen him in a number of leadership positions, including chief operating officer and president of EA SPORTS.

Moore has previously held senior roles with Microsoft, SEGA and Reebok. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Keele University in the UK and a master’s degree from California State University.

The appointment completes a 10-month transition plan by FSG and finalises the senior management structure at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

4 of our last 5 defeats have come to teams who started the game in the relegation zone.

Ugh...that's it...you've finished me off...I'm dead here.

It's a bit worrying when the fanbase can more or less to a man/woman determine where the shortcomings are both tactically and squad wise and yet the manager sees something else or regards what we see as not in need of immediate alteration with a chainsaw. That's it's part of a longer term scheme and it'll all come together at some point. Passing up the opportunity to strengthen critical areas in January because the exact right player was not available is naive at best and deluded at worst - no one expects Messi or a Kante yet you might get a Suarez or a Masch.

They were out there and a good manager is a pragmatist as much as he is a strategist or tactician.

People used to slag off Benitez for the tiny incremental improvements he tried to make to the squad as being a waste of money.

When you look at Josemi->Kromkamp->Arbeloa it starts to make sense.

I wouldn't mind it if we were throwing Gomez, Ojo, Woodburn and co in the deep end.

But **** it, even Origi isn't getting much of a look in.

The way we use our squad is almost as baffling as how we refuse to make it any better.

"Hey Jurgen. Wanna throw some of these squad players in?"

"No".

"Oh. They're not good enough? Ok. Wanna sign some new guys?"

"No".

"Emm..."

Dis Lucas win a challenge with Vardy all evening? Surely leaving him isolated with space in behind against one of the fastest strikers in the league is just madness. Even Vardy alluded to this in his post match interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/255263-peter-moore-appointed-as-lfc-s-chief-executive-officer

Just to top off this crazy evening, Peter Moore of video game and EA/Xbox fame is our new Executive Officer, WTF???

Liverpool Football Club has named Peter Moore as its new chief executive officer.

Liverpool-born Moore will take up his new role in June and report directly to the club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group.

The 61-year-old is currently chief competition officer at Electronic Arts, based in the United States, and will move to Liverpool to join the club in the summer. His nearly 10 years at EA have seen him in a number of leadership positions, including chief operating officer and president of EA SPORTS.

Moore has previously held senior roles with Microsoft, SEGA and Reebok. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Keele University in the UK and a master’s degree from California State University.

The appointment completes a 10-month transition plan by FSG and finalises the senior management structure at the club.

It's almost like they save up these announcements for right after we have a **** result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A centre half, left back, central midfielder, left winger and striker all badly needed in the next window. Does anyone genuinely think that high level players will be bought in each position? Not sure i do unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ugh...that's it...you've finished me off...I'm dead here.

Im looking forward to the best picture award fck up on rte coming up just to continue tonights cringeworthy catastrophe theme.

Saw a good question asked on Facebook..

Is Coutinho Liverpool's worst ever best player?

That's somewhat skewed by having Gerrard in there for so long, but even in the supposed dark days in the 90's you had Fowler and then Owen knocking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It's almost like they save up these announcements for right after we have a **** result.

That's exactly what screamed at me, what a weird time for a PR blast of this stuff....

After getting hammered by Leicester :

3l7pAcX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

When the passion of the fans are not being represented by the players on the pitch then the fans will speak, and when the fans speak managers lose their jobs.
    Klopp in now under pressure, if this continues then his influence on these players will be in huge doubt.

It's all about goals at both ends of the pitch. Spurs have a great team, but they've quite often just gotten by on the fact that they've a great goalkeeper and a goalscorer up front. We need a striker who will win games when no one else looks like doing so. It should have been Sturridge, he did well as a lone man in 13/14 whenever Suarez was out, but he has not stepped up at all since Suarez left. His time has passed, we need someone who will score 20 goals a season.

I don't think it's been said in this new thread yet....

I love KLOPP :D

Come on chaps.... still in with a shout for top4 if he turns this around.

Carra asking why we don't say to teams
    '' here you have the ball, lets see what you can do '' Sit deep and then use our pace like Mane and Firmino.

Everton only 5 behind us now. We were out of sight of them not long ago.

They've had a handy run to be fair - things get much harder from here on. I think Liverpool can just stay ahead for a 6th place finish!

• Advertisement

'' here you have the ball, lets see what you can do '' Sit deep and then use our pace like Mane and Firmino.

Does carra not know how geggen pressing heavy metal football works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

They've had a handy run to be fair - things get much harder from here on. I think Liverpool can just stay ahead for a 6th place finish!

In fairness they've beaten the teams you'd expect them to beat, something we're patently incapable of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

We tried that against Swansea and they ripped us a new arsehole. We are far worse without the ball than with it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We dont deserve top 4 and we wont get it it,infact i think we will finish 7th with everton finishing above us,now if this happens and its looking very possible then klopp has to go,no ifs buts or maybees

Augeo wrote: »
    Does carra not know how geggen pressing heavy metal football works?

Works great when we play a good team that wants to play. What do we do when we play Leicester, we push forward pass pass pass, play with two center halves on halfway line and then get hit by a simple pass which leads to a goal. We do it again and again and again.
    We should have learnt the lesson by now.
    Against these smaller teams we need to sit deep and play the chess game the want to play. I'm sure over 90 mins we can score, but more importantly we can not concede if we play deep with numbers.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We dont deserve top 4 and we wont get it it,infact i think we will finish 7th with everton finishing above us,now if this happens and its looking very possible then klopp has to go,no ifs buts or maybees

We're not going to get anyone better than Klopp.

We'd nearly be as well winding the ****ing club up if we go that route.

Saw a good question asked on Facebook..

Is Coutinho Liverpool's worst ever best player?

That's somewhat skewed by having Gerrard in there for so long, but even in the supposed dark days in the 90's you had Fowler and then Owen knocking about.

Is he our best player though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I was referring to the quote you posted on Joe Cole when I said it was outrageous!!!!!!!

Your comment on Allen wasn't outrageous it was just plain wrong, Its ok to be wrong.

Agree to disagree then?. I am really not that bothered about the point JC.

Why do we think Allen got replaced by Wijnaldum then?. What does he bring to the party that Allen didnt?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is he our best player though?

Certainly our most talented.

You stick him in a side that isn't dog **** and I think he'd be ripping teams to shreds.

It's just as well he's not scoring loads of screamers at the minute, because you'd have to think the urge for him to **** off somewhere else would be getting pretty strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What the **** does Carragher know. What time has ever done well playing deep and letting a lesser team have the ball.

I don't think it's been said in this new thread yet....

I love KLOPP :D

Come on chaps.... still in with a shout for top4 if he turns this around.

Lads just venting after a poor run of form, not sure if any club is immune to it. Getting sick of saying "We are still in a great position" after poor results but it still remains true.

What's the ban length for starting "is manager/club X done" thread? :pac:

We have a slim chance of top 4 and that's it. The season is in the balance game by game now. I'd say I hope Klopp figures it out for next weekend, but I don't hope that anymore, because I've said the same thing after nearly every game since December now. I want him to change, but I don't expect anything different.

What's the ban length for starting "is manager/club X done" thread? :pac:

2 weeks

We're not going to get anyone better than Klopp.

We'd nearly be as well winding the ****ing club up if we go that route.

Whats so great about klopp though,he won a couple of leagues in germany,but thats it,god forbid his teams get to a cup final cos they aint winning it,heis a one trick pony with no plan b and zero tactical awarness,he canr or hasnt sorted a rubbish defence in 15mths,is it because hes great craic cos he is a good laugh alright ill give him that

• Advertisement

We have a slim chance of top 4 and that's it. The season is in the balance game by game now. I'd say I hope Klopp figures it out for next weekend, but I don't hope that anymore, because I've said the same thing after nearly every game since December now. I want him to change, but I don't expect anything different.

1 point off 4th at the moment. 4 off 2nd. More than a slim chance i would say.

NukaCola wrote: »
    1 point off 4th at the moment. 4 off 2nd. More than a slim chance i would say.

3 teams have a game in hand over us and we're in awful form. It'd take 5 wins on the trot for me to regain any hope.

They've beaten arsenal & man city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They've beaten arsenal & man city

Arsenal was 3 months ago.

3 teams have a game in hand over us and we're in awful form. It'd take 5 wins on the trot for me to regain any hope.

Confidence is low all round. I get where you're coming from, i still remain hopeful though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement