Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Augeo wrote: »
    Fowler :(
    Mismanaged by Houllier IMO.... injuries were an issue of course.

A welcome distraction from the leaving cert :)

Jayus leaving cert ! I was doing a side job in little Brazil ( forget exactly where it is , west 40's I think ) in manhatton the day of the final and cheering rather quietly for France. The Brazilians I met were shocked to lose that even though France were at home .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U19s Champions Trophy is underway in Germany Liverpool are there with 9 other sides including , BVB, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach, Mainz, Red Bull Salzburg and Benfica.

They are playing Cruzeiro EC right now and should have just opened the scoring.

http://www.u19-cup.com/en/livestream

Okera Simmonds puts Liverpool one up with a fine finish. Liam Miller has been a real nuisance to Cruzeiro down the left.

FT Liverpool 1 - 0 Cruzeiro, scrappy second half Cruz having the better of it on chances.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

cjmc wrote: »
    Jayus leaving cert ! I was doing a side job in little Brazil ( forget exactly where it is , west 40's I think ) in manhatton the day of the final and cheering rather quietly for France. The Brazilians I met were shocked to lose that even though France were at home .

I wasn't far away from you. I was on a J1 in NYC so watched the final in a pub probably around 30th St or so, can't really remember. I went to a few pubs later as well and puked outside one called the triple crown I think, a little further downtown. I was a pretty classy guy back then!

5starpool wrote: »
    I wasn't far away from you. I was on a J1 in NYC so watched the final in a pub probably around 30th St or so, can't really remember. I went to a few pubs later as well and puked outside one called the triple crown I think, a little further downtown. I was a pretty classy guy back then!

Oh I spent a Patrick's day there one year . So probably did the same myself !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'd just like to thank Everton FC and their fans for their support for JFT96 over the last 28 years.

The club released this statement this morning.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/04/14/everton-remembers

Never forgotten.

cjmc wrote: »
    Oh I spent a Patrick's day there one year . So probably did the same myself !

I blame the barman. He was from Kerry and gave me some sort of awful concoction which as a 21 year old I was more than willing to show how easily I could drink. Just as well the place was near empty because it was a Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Knex. wrote: »

Not sure what the general consensus of that tournament is, but for me, whether it be rose tinted glasses or not, it was incredible.

First one that I went to. Strange looking back at getting the tickets, no F5ing for days on a website, instead you rang a phone number and asked if individual games were available (everything except Brazil and England games was) and booked them. I'd no credit card but they were happy for me to post them a bank draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Everton have now completely banned the sun from all of their premises. A great day.
    Justice for the 96.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Good news, Everton have banned that rag from it's club

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Fair play to them. Respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Knex. wrote: »
    Michael Owen was probably the first player that I was properly fanatical about as a kid.

I was 7 years old when he scored that goal against Argentina during the 1998 World Cup, which is the first major tournament that I remember. I followed it religiously. I had a massive poster with the group stages and knockout brackets, where I would fill out the fixtures and scores of every game.

:eek:

My first World Cup memory was Argentina 78, now I feel old.
    At least I got to see Rome 77 and Wembley 78 (won't mention the 77 cup final :mad:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs are going to win title arent they.
    I can't see Chelsea holding on, Spurs will be top come end of April. Chelsea won't win away to United and Everton, no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I can't see Chelsea holding on, Spurs will be top come end of April. Chelsea won't win away to United and Everton, no chance.

It's better for us that they need to get a result at old Trafford tomorrow. Spurs are still Spurs they will never win **** all, although I did say the same about Garcia last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Nah Chelsea will hold on and win the title. 7 point lead is too much. This Spurs team is class though. Big things to come from them over the next few years.

Spurs would be a threat to everyone but for the likes of Real Madrid and PSG waiting to pounce on players like Kane and Alderweireld, would Poch really turn down Barca should they come calling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Our first 11 played spurs off the park twice this year. They're in good/great form but their squad lacks depth just like ours. Do they look any better than we did before we had our injuries earlier in the year? I was shocked how they kept it going with no Kane tho. Didnt' think they'd do that.

Poch to Barca would be lovely tbh. He's an excellent manager. But he's no Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Our first 11 played spurs off the park twice this year. They're in good/great form but their squad lacks depth just like ours. Do they look any better than we did before we had our injuries earlier in the year? I was shocked how they kept it going with no Kane tho. Didnt' think they'd do that.

Poch to Barca would be lovely tbh. He's an excellent manager. But he's no Klopp.

They're miles better than us defensively. Matip for vertonghen would be the only swap I'd make. Dembele better than all our options for that position too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He's more likely to end up at one of the Madrid's or Milan's,has said he could never manage Barca as it would be akin to moving to arsenal ,after his Espanol days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Everton's banning of The Sun is not because of Hillsborough. It's because of yesterday's "racist" article about Ross Barkley and the people of Liverpool generally written by Kelvin MacKenzie yet again

www.bbc.com/sport/football/39603942

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Spurs are getting better by the year.....they like to chase though, I'd say when the pressure is on they'd find it hard......we are guilty of that also though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

byte wrote: »

Just about nearly sums up K****n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Most of that Spurs team have been together for the last three seasons and that shows the understanding they have built up the same can be be said for Chelsea who have mostly been playing together for at least five seasons.

It's no wonder then that they are the top two.

For us to be third in the league with very thin squad that has been it with injuries I think is very impressive when the season is over and we can look back at it objectively and have qualified for the CL it really could be a turning point for the club.

In other word next year will be our year :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If Chelsea lose tomorrow, beat Southampton at home and draw away to Everton and Spurs win their 3 fixtures it will be a May shootout to the title. It's all very probable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If Chelsea lose tomorrow, beat Southampton at home and draw away to Everton and Spurs win their 3 fixtures it will be a May shootout to the title. It's all very probable

Chelsea won't lose tomorrow...it's got 0-0 written all over it I think. Just a point would give Spurs hope but I just can't see them doing it.

Chelsea are my least favourite team by quite some distance...more so than Man Utd,believe it or not but given the way the Spurs fans I know are acting lately I think I'd rather Chelsea win it. I'm an awful petty prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

It's really not probable at all. Chelsea won't lose tomorrow to that United side, they're brutal. Spurs have to play palace away, arsenal and that same United side also so don't have a completely easy run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

hefferboi wrote:
    They're miles better than us defensively. Matip for vertonghen would be the only swap I'd make. Dembele better than all our options for that position too.

They're also years ahead of us in there development

U19s Champions Trophy is underway in Germany Liverpool are there with 9 other sides including , BVB, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Mönchengladbach, Mainz, Red Bull Salzburg and Benfica.

They are playing Cruzeiro EC right now and should have just opened the scoring.

http://www.u19-cup.com/en/livestream

Okera Simmonds puts Liverpool one up with a fine finish. Liam Miller has been a real nuisance to Cruzeiro down the left.

FT Liverpool 1 - 0 Cruzeiro, scrappy second half Cruz having the better of it on chances.

Second match (they only last 60m)

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 - 1 Liverpool

two more games tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Wouldn't mind Spurs winning it. They have a great squad and the manager seems fairly sound.

brevity wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind Spurs winning it. They have a great squad and the manager seems fairly sound.

Nope, I'm right there in the petty camp that doesn't want them to win it.

Graeme Kelly who in fairness to him doesn't normally tweet crap is saying the Oxlade Chamberlain deal is done.

• Advertisement

What had he mentioned before transfer wise? - can't remember.

here's the tweet
    Graeme Kelly
    @GraemeKelly1

Oxlade Chamberlain lads, feel bad saying it, been told today it's done. Got no fee info like.
    4:04 PM - 15 Apr 2017

Graeme Kelly who in fairness to him doesn't normally tweet crap is saying the Oxlade Chamberpot deal is done.

If we sign him for anything near 35m I'll be pretty puzzled by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

You mean you want them all to have career ending injuries and a dose of Dengue fever.

Bit harsh.

£34m + £1

Me too . The main problem I see with spurs is temperament. Like the Chelsea game last year I've seen them get 'ugly'when they are up against it

brevity wrote: »
    You mean you want them all to have career ending injuries and a dose of Dengue fever.

Bit harsh.

That, or a mild case of multiple decapitations.

A slight variation on the 'most common, annoying question' in here.

If either utd win the EL or Leicester win the CL, (but not both) do 4 English teams go into the group stages, and just 4th in the play off round or do 3rd go to the play off round too? I think only 4th still but not sure.

Also, if both Utd and Leicester both win their comps, I assume 3rd only goes into the play off round, or do all 5 teams go to the group stages?

I think I remember reading that 4 teams go into the group stages in either of the above scenarios with the lowest qualifying league position into the play off round, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Graeme Kelly who in fairness to him doesn't normally tweet crap is saying the Oxlade Chamberpot deal is done.

Not doing the FA Cup draws these days then.

Don't know why the hell I wrote "Chamberpot"...I wasn't trying to be funny or anything...sorry about that. Weird.

What had he mentioned before transfer wise? - can't remember.

He went onto the Anfield Index podcast and said with 100% certainty that Klopp was going to be the new manager before anyone else. He doesn't really throw out many transfer rumours so I'm kinda inclined to believe him. Could be totally wrong of course...we'll see.

• Advertisement

He went onto the Anfield Index podcast and said with 100% certainty that Klopp was going to be the new manager before anyone else. He doesn't really throw out many transfer rumours so I'm kinda inclined to believe him. Could be totally wrong of course...we'll see.

Hey now I was saying that for a year before it happened :p

Hmmmm!

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/3nhceg/ancelotti_is_most_likely_according_to_graeme_kelly/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Sounds like he has a definite source rather than an opinion though, :):) either way I think he could be a good signing, plenty around here did not like the mane signing either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Brego888 wrote: »
    Nah Chelsea will hold on and win the title. 7 point lead is too much. This Spurs team is class though. Big things to come from them over the next few years.

Yup, like big transfers of their best players to other teams!! :pac:

x
    -Clyne----x---Lovren---x
    x
    Oxpot--Lallana
    Mane
    x
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dat u Graeme? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

x
    -Clyne----x---Lovren---x
    x
    Oxpot--Lallana
    Mane
    x
    x

Err... Matip?

If either of the CBs is getting replaced, it'll be Lovren, but even so, only because of fitness issues.
    Both have actually been solid when played together. It'd be a decent partnership if we could field it more often.

Also, this is a good illustration of why Markovic isn't a fit for this club or this manager:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Graeme Kelly who in fairness to him doesn't normally tweet crap is saying the Oxlade Chamberlain deal is done.

Hope that's bullsh!t.

What has Matip got to do with the Southampton transfer production line? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What has Matip got to do with the Southampton transfer production line? :)

For some reason I thought it was next season's lineup with X's representing new signings.

It's close enough although it requires both pessimistic views on Coutinho leaving and optimistic views in signing two other attackers that are better than Firmino.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement