Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not Liverpool related but there was just a 'Wenger Out' sign on an RTE news bit about Oyster farming in the west of Ireland. :pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not Liverpool related but there was just a 'Wenger Out' sign on an RTE news bit about Oyster farming in the west of Ireland. :pac:

Lol, seen that too!

****ing brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hell of a lot cheaper than hiring a plane on match days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He was confused...he thought it was an Oyster fam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5starpool wrote: »
    A slight variation on the 'most common, annoying question' in here.

If either utd win the EL or Leicester win the CL, (but not both) do 4 English teams go into the group stages, and just 4th in the play off round or do 3rd go to the play off round too? I think only 4th still but not sure.

Only the 4th place team would be in the playoffs. Exact situation you describe happened to the Spanish teams this year. The Top 3 and Seville went straight into groups, only 4th place Villareal went into playoffs.
    Also, if both Utd and Leicester both win their comps, I assume 3rd only goes into the play off round, or do all 5 teams go to the group stages?

I think I remember reading that 4 teams go into the group stages in either of the above scenarios with the lowest qualifying league position into the play off round, but I'm not 100% on that.

My understanding is that 1,2,3 and ECL winner would go straight into groups, and Europa winner would go into playoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Two towering headers from old boys Benteke and Crouch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Apparently all he's gotten right was Brendan Rodgers sacking.......according to the reddit lads he's not reliable at all.......so no idea what to make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

NukaCola wrote: »
    Apparently all he's gotten right was Brendan Rodgers sacking.......according to the reddit lads he's not reliable at all.......so no idea what to make of it.

He sounds like a bit of a spoofer tbh, It seems very early in any case for a deal to be done.

I would be happy with Chamberlain, I think he would be alot more useful to us than Arsenal with Klopps style being alot more direct. He's also still fairly young so there's every chance Klopp will improve him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You know you're in trouble when the molluscs are against you.

Much as I like Arsene, is he becoming a little shellfish in staying on now?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If Ox does come, given his contract situation, i'd expect it to be more like 20m. At around that price id be ok with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd love to see Spurs win the PL.

Could you imagine Arsenal TV if they didn't qualify for the CL and their biggest rival won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Spurs win the PL.

Could you imagine Arsenal TV if they didn't qualify for the CL and their biggest rival won the league.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

photo.jpg

Praying Kim jong un isn't an Arsenal fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Praying Kim jong un isn't an Arsenal fan.

Be more worried about Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs must have scored 30 goals in last few games. It's crazy what they're doing. We we top scorers for most of season, that is no more now. They are on fire.

Spurs must have scored 30 goals in last few games. It's crazy what they're doing. We we top scorers for most of season, that is no more now. They are on fire.

Same goals scored, almost half the goals conceded. It really is annoyingly impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Steady on Spurs and Liverpool are joint top. If you could meld the back six of Spurs with the front five of Liverpool it would walk the league.

They've scored the same as us...68.

It's at the other end of the pitch all our problems are. We've conceded 40 in 32 games which is ridiculous really and they've only conceded 22. Wanyama was a fantastic buy for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It helps to have the abundance of quality they have.

If you've got the best striker in the league and 4 other forwards/AMs on a par with our lads then you can afford to play a normal formation rather than our 2-2-6.

Wanyama was a fantastic buy for them.

Really annoying that both Kante and Wanyama went for such low prices, when they're exactly what we were crying out for at the time.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Really annoying that both Kante and Wanyama went for such low prices, when they're exactly what we were crying out for at the time.

Aye. We probably wouldn't have got Kante but Wanyama was definitely getable at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You know you're in trouble when the molluscs are against you.

Much as I like Arsene, is he becoming a little shellfish in staying on now?:P

He'll be in hot water if he loses the support of the prawn cocktail parade. Then the pier pressure will kick in and the board will get crabby.

Aye. We probably wouldn't have got Kante but Wanyama was definitely getable at the time.

True, he probably wouldn't have chosen us, but we could have at least offered 50% more than Chelsea - which he'd have been well worth to us - and at worst made them pay up something approaching his real value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    True, he probably wouldn't have chosen us, but we could have at least offered 50% more than Chelsea - which he'd have been well worth to us - and at worst made them pay up something approaching his real value.

I found the lack of a bidding war for Kante intriguing.

corwill wrote: »
    I found the lack of a bidding war for Kante intriguing.

Right? Very strange. Would have been perfect for us or Arsenal, and exactly the sort of guy you'd imagine Jose would have wanted in his new United team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'd say All Kante would need to win the league is a decent shotstopper behind him and someone to cut his oranges at half time.
    He should start his own club.

It should be an interesting game this weekend if no player will be shorter than 6'3" for Liverpool

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/853361413900914689

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Is klopp going with 3cbs again tomorrow?will sturridge get a start?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Is klopp going with 3cbs again tomorrow?will sturridge get a start?

Id say he will go with the 3 cb's alright. We have a few of these games left with West Brom, Palace, Watford, West Ham all having big lads and a more direct game so he'll probably utilise that a bit for the rest of the season. I'd say Sturridge will only start if Firmino isn't ok to start, but that's it.

Presumably the lineup will be:

Mignolet
    Clyne
    Lovren
    Matip
    Klavan
    Milner
    Can
    Wijnaldum
    Origi
    Coutinho
    Firmino/Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

It should be an interesting game this weekend if no player will be shorter than 6'3" for Liverpool

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/853361413900914689

Won't make a blind bit of difference. Still can't defend corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Id say he will go with the 3 cb's alright. We have a few of these games left with West Brom, Palace, Watford, West Ham all having big lads and a more direct game so he'll probably utilise that a bit for the rest of the season. I'd say Sturridge will only start if Firmino isn't ok to start, but that's it.

Presumably the lineup will be:

Mignolet
    Clyne
    Lovren
    Matip
    Klavan
    Milner
    Can
    Wijnaldum
    Origi
    Coutinho
    Firmino/Sturridge

I'd go Lucas instead of Klavan and play 4 at the back. He's done well covering our "attacking" fullbacks.

This game is huge for us.

Utd are the mainly threat to our top 4 and they play Chelsea and City next. A win here and they'll find it difficult.

Sneaky suspicion it'll be a draw. A result I'd be ok with if Utd don't beat Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Spurs would be a threat to everyone but for the likes of Real Madrid and PSG waiting to pounce on players like Kane and Alderweireld, would Poch really turn down Barca should they come calling?
    Ain't that the reason why we haven't won a PL by now? Had Real and Barca left us alone going all the way back to McManaman and Owen to Alonso/Masch/Suarez we probably would have done it by now.

Seems a bit rich of us to take that attitude towards Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

A lads it's only Spurs ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Spurs are a team dear to my heart as my oul fella supported them so I might just be sensitive on the subject. :D I'd love to see them do it anyway but likely no chance. But I definitely admire where that squad is at. It's in much better shape than ours.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Ain't that the reason why we haven't won a PL by now? Had Real and Barca left us alone going all the way back to McManaman and Owen to Alonso/Masch/Suarez we probably would have done it by now.

Seems a bit rich of us to take that attitude towards Spurs.

Yes, where here is the fair-mindedness and principled consistency for which football fans are rightly famed?

c/o @BassTunedToRed

C9hRo46W0AAVB8y.jpg

Oooo....I wonder what's going to happen today?

It'll be like being in the trenches at Verdun.

• Advertisement

It'll be like being in the trenches at Verdun.

First hand experience?

1917? Pah! Me and the lads had a kickabout at Rorke's Drift.

Anyone want to risk opprobrium by starting the match thread?

Anyone want to risk opprobrium by starting the match thread?
    Harry 'Shaka Zulu' Palmr

5.png

"WATCH YER HOUSE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thanks to the lads on TAW....

Its 16 years today since Gary Macs free-kick against Everton.

No good quality clips on youtube so here is his song instead.

U19s Champions Trophy

FT B.V. 04 Düsseldorf 0 - 4 FC Liverpool

Mcauley 11, Mcauley 24, Lewis 37, Sharif 40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Melissa Reddy is now saying Ox is a target but the club will be reluctant to go over £20m for him.

Also he isn't a primary target or a priority signing and would be a bonus if signed.

That sounds as if any of us could have written that! :pac:

Wijnaldums goal of the month......in Lego.:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement