Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wijnaldums goal of the month......in Lego.:D

Don't know whether it's bricktacular or blocktastic.

Henderson's a worry now isn't here, wasn't meant to be major a good few games ago....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Main f*cking man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Set pieces!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Scoring from a set piece v a Pulis team.....nothing better!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Can is looking particularly sharp today.
    Nearly everyone is. The front 4's touch is composed, they're quick off the mark, they look fit, they don't look like they need to puke every where.
    Still, it's tough going out there.

The only real issues are, as ever when without Mané, down the flanks.

No wide players up front and Milner and Clyne are seriously plodding along in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Move Lucas up top and we'd have a Brazilian front 3.

Who needs Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think the Can & Wijnaldum midfield pairing is the best we have both have been great in this run of games.

Jinxed then now.

I think the Can & Wijnaldum midfield pairing is the best we have both have been great in this run of games.

Jinxed then now.

I hadn't spotted it online anywhere but my brother was telling me Can had been carrying an injury for much of the season and has only recently got over it.

It would explain why he doesn't look like he's running through treacle these days

Gini is doing well today, given that a fair few hospital passes have been sent his way from the back 5.
    He scuttles about like a spider, with the same seemingly unnatural ability to cover small distances without having to actually travel through any of the points in between.

His balance is incredible. Only second to Mané, maybe in the league.

Klopp is building a team of ninjas.

• Advertisement

Wijnaldum reminds me of Enrique. Always amazes me how he manages to keep the ball in such tight spaces when he looks certain to lose it.

Mignolet has earned his paycheck the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Get in!!! Back to back away wins at Stoke and West Brom. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

That's it. I'm officially done with Moreno, I will never defend that man attributes again. No amount of physical attributes can make you a good player if you are just that selfish and stupid!! :mad:
    Fcuking great win tho! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's 4 teams we've done the double over now this season. Arsenal, Everton, Stoke, West Brom.

Palace, Boro, Watford left that we can add to that tally.

To be perfectly honest, and it's more a reflection on the league as a whole, he's proven to be one of the better ones in the league all season, particularly, for some reason, in the top 10 teams.

The notion that he was ever the worst keeper in the league was always beyond retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Get the **** in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great win. So so relieved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I swear Moreno does it deliberately - can someone really be so thick so often?

Anyway, the sort of gritty 0-1 win we thought was beyond the scope of this side, very satisfying in the end.

Wijnaldum is my player of the season.

The way he held the ball at the end there was great.

An away 0-1 win with a set piece goal against a Pulis team that's what you call grinding out a win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

6 points back to back on the Road!

Great win.
    Well done Mignolet, nothing to do for 80 mins then a very good save and a few crucial punches clear when we were under pressure.
    Thought Can looked very good and Lucas did a fine job.

We really should have scored a second, Milner and in particular Moreno.

Either way......Come on Chelsea!!!!

• Advertisement

We are the worst counter-attacking team I have ever seen in my life.

We can literally have the run of the place and the keeper can be in a different postcode and we still can't ****ing score.
    1 goal on the break all season for what is near enough the best attacking side in the league beggars belief.

We're so **** at seeing out games. Pure luck there.
    Firmino was absolute dirt in the last 10-15 minutes. Booting the ball back to West Brom, doing stupid turns and losing the ball, not getting his head up and making simple passes.
    Again it was left to the midfield to clean up after him.

Fantastic to break a deadlock but he seriously lacks for discipline in his use of the ball in those situations.
    Having a Joe Allen or something off the bench for him would've been so much less stressful.

When all's said and done we've got 7 pts from games I thought we'd get a maximum of 4 from, even with having to grind them out as you wouldn't expect us to be able to so thumbs up for grit.
    Not much for intelligence or game management but hey, we can work on that if we get a few more sensible lads like Gini.

I swear Moreno does it deliberately - can someone really be so thick so often?

Sturridge's attempt was worse than Moreno's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Indeed. He's doing his best to change my opinion of him.
    Just catch a few of them crosses now and again and launch a counter. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

17 points from the last 21. 3 of the last five at home with a week's rest each time. Take us home boys.

Two away games to Stoke and West Brom and 6 points this team/manager is learning.

2ppg so far this season we would have all taken that at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

How long has it been since a win and a clean sheet.

Linda will be pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wijnaldum is my player of the season.

The way he held the ball at the end there was great.

An away 0-1 win with a set piece goal against a Pulis team that's what you call grinding out a win.

Came on to say that.

Brilliant.

Finally someone kept hold of it.

Last few were chalk full of bad decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Im always left shaking and stressed in games we should be winning comfortably. Well done Mignolet I'm not a fan but he saved us again today.

Just realised Bobby wrestled their defender out of it for the goal...brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

ElTel wrote: »
    Indeed. He's doing his best to change my opinion of him.
    Just catch a few of them crosses now and again and launch a counter. :pac:

Couldn't agree more. If he just catches a few balls it would instill more confidence in both himself and the defence.

Great result, tense at the end, but were comfortable enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Charlie19 wrote: »
    How long has it been since a win and a clean sheet.

Linda will be pleased.

If I was around Linda there would be no clean sheets either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Happy Birthday Rafa :)

See you next season back in the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hapy with the result but wasn't half cursing Moreno. Did well for the challenege to win the ball but how he made that decision was beyond me. Three players around him unmarked and he shot wide!

she taking the piss out of Arsenal? Surely not.

Hapy with the result but wasn't half cursing Moreno. Did well for the challenege to win the ball but how he made that decision was beyond me. Three players around him unmarked and he shot wide!

Had West Brom equalised after that we'd be reading about his death tomorrow. Klopp would have decapitated him.

5starpool wrote: »

If she is then she just got even hotter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's what a keeper in a top team should be doing, more often than not. The last 2 games have been the performances of an elite keeper.

When that becomes the norm, that's when we should be satisfied.

Great win, and well done Mig.

• Advertisement

If she is then she just got even hotter.

When paints 'Wenger Out' on her clean sheets I'll be happy.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

1/7 is the largest price currently available for us to finish top4, some firms have us at 1/14, 1/12.

We are now at the stage where if we don't finish in the top4 we will have thrown it away imo .... completely and utterly in our own hands and room for a slip up or two still :)

For a player we've sold 10 times in the last 5 years Lucas was boss again today.

5starpool wrote: »

I thought the same thing fam +£1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    When paints 'Wenger Out' on her clean sheets I'll be happy.

Keep Wenger surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not bad for a one Mane team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Two massive wins over the last 8 days. Fair play to lads :) 3rd has to be our target now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We've gotten 6 points from two Pulis teams in our last two games and have another Pulis team next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. If he just catches a few balls it would instill more confidence in both himself and the defence.

Great result, tense at the end, but were comfortable enough.

Yeah but what if he tries to catch it and fumbles only to give away a goal? We are right back to square 1 with everybody on his back. He should punch if that's all he feels capable of doing in any situation imo. Keep it simple, and the ball out of the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The one big chance today came from Matip applying the same type of defending to Rondon that he did to Robson Kanu earlier in the game. Tried to get close and got completely rolled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I think they heard me laughing next door when moreno missed. A pity as it might have added a million to his price tag before he settles for his last few games on the bench. Love the way Klopp had him in a headlock when the whistle went

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement