Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looks like Firmino got the last laugh with regards to pulling shirts today

C9iuIlNXcAATvfd.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mormank wrote: »
    Yeah but what if he tries to catch it and fumbles only to give away a goal? We are right back to square 1 with everybody on his back. He should punch if that's all he feels capable of doing in any situation imo. Keep it simple, and the ball out of the goal.

It's great if the keeper can do it but goalkeeping is probably more than any other position about playing the percentages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

C9irAzjXkAAQ_KN.jpg:large

Lads happy in the dressing room.

State of Moreno though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

murpho999 wrote: »
    C9irAzjXkAAQ_KN.jpg:large

State of Moreno though.

I like to think Mig is winding up for a box there.

Utd a goal up, 3 points for them against Chelsea would be a fly in the oitment imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Moreno doesn't need any fat blockers by the looks of it

Augeo wrote: »
    Utd a goal up, 3 points for them against Chelsea would be a fly in the oitment imo.

Early days

Whatever about wanting to look ahead instead of behind, I'd still rather United lose today to give us a more secure spot in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

sword1 wrote: »
    Early days

Hopefully the blatant handball in the build up evens itself out later in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Whatever about wanting to look ahead instead of behind, I'd still rather United lose today to give us a more secure spot in the top 4.

Third will be the highest we can achieve this season, But I'll take fourth now if offered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Delighted with the win today, huge three points.

Without wanting to go all B-Rodgers on it, I thought the players were fantastic today.

Mignolet handled the few bits at the end very well - second game in a row that he has made a game-winning save (or win-saving save? What's the phrase here?) No doubt for me that the punch was the right choice too. Get it clear rather than risk a fumble/tap in. Easy decision.

Lucas was boss, like others have said, and Matip did very well with almost everything. Getting mugged by Rondon was the only issue I can recall, but it could have been costly if not for Migs.

Wijnaldum was brilliant, especially at the end. Winning the ball and holding it up when everyone else ran into offside positions totally took the sting out of the WBA attack. And then wrestling with Foster after the second time he appeared, brilliant. He was a player I was absolutely not happy to sign in the summer but I am delighted to have been wrong.

The front three weren't fantastic but I guess that's WBA - thought Origi was particularly poor though I have to say.

Overall, big result. I didn't expect 6 points away to Stoke and WBA so that's a boost.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lucas with an ice pack on his knee in that picture. We could do without losing another senior player through injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

State of Moreno though.

Cringe

Cringe

Ahh, a welcome contribution as always.

How dare people be happy after a win. They are a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Ahh, a welcome contribution as always.

Clique bait. Quick lads, form the circle.

5starpool wrote: »
    How dare people be happy after a win. They are a disgrace.

Come on, let's achieve something before the dressing room selfies. Arsenal done it before and I'm sure lots on here were rightly taking the pi$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hopefully the lad who cuts Kante's oranges is on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Come on, let's achieve something before the dressing room selfies. Arsenal done it before and I'm sure lots on here were rightly taking the pi$$

That wasn't a selfie

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That wasn't a selfie

Technically, it wasn't, but you know what I mean.

I say we take their phones away until they win a trophy too, and don't even get me started on letting them watch movies in their free time, these luxuries are reserved for winners!

I say we take their phones away until they win a trophy too, and don't even get me started on letting them watch movies in their free time, these luxuries are reserved for winners!

You're like an annoying little dog, begging for attention.

I said months and months ago Top4 would be brilliant this season, it seems both the players and manager agree :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Would have taken a draw. Delighted with the win.

Mig was excellent dealing with their physicality & crosses etc. Very decisive play from him today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

I said months and months ago Top4 would be brilliant this season, it seems both the players and manager agree :)

Not there yet. Pity January and February form wasn't better.

• Advertisement

I don't use social media (boards and a couple of similar forums aside) so don't particularly get the urge to have photos of everything in the public domain, but I don't mind this when they have a hard fought win. If they did it on a game that we lost or drew with the accompanying fake platitudes of "we'll try harder next week, fans were great" then that would get my goat.

It's not like there is champagne being popped or something.

Hmmm, 'them' are 2 up now. Wasn't expecting that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Its the modern social media era. Photos don't mean as much as they did before.

Its literally just a team coming together and pausing to celebrate a hard fought win. Careers are relatively short enough, I wouldn't begrudge them trying to savour a moment.

You're like an annoying little dog, begging for attention.

Please oh please satiate my need for replies.

Back to football, looks like United will be pulling off an unlikely win over Chelsea so the 3 points today are all the more important. Need to keep the 6 point gap as long as possible and hope they drop points along the way.

2 up

• Advertisement

Please oh please satiate my need for replies.

Back to football, looks like United will be pulling off an unlikely win over Chelsea so the 3 points today are all the more important. Need to keep the 6 point gap as long as possible and hope they drop points along the way.

Indeed, 6 pts ahead of them when they have 2 games in hand is not too far away from squeaky bum time.

To be fair to us, my earlier post about throwing it away if we don't get top 4 is null and void if Utd get 3 pts today, I had somewhat underestimated their chance of picking up a win v Chelsea.

If they hold on to the 2 goal lead their GD is 5 inferior to ours after today at worst.

It should keep our focus going anyhow, if it were needed. We can't afford slip ups. Full points from now would guarantee us top 4, but hopefully we won't need to win them all to get in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Indeed, 6 pts ahead of them when they have 2 games in hand is not too far away from squeaky bum time.

To be fair to us, my earlier post about throwing it away if we don't get top 4 is null and void if Utd get 3 pts today, I had somewhat underestimated their chance of picking up a win v Chelsea.

If they hold on to the 2 goal lead their GD is 5 inferior to ours after today at worst.

they still have City Arsenal and Spurs all away from Old Trafford

If we miss top 4 we will have thrown it away

Mr.H wrote: »
    they still have City Arsenal and Spurs all away from Old Trafford

If we miss top 4 we will have thrown it away

:)

True enough I suppose considering either Utd or City have to drop points in that derby.

I don't expect us to win our next 5 you see, I hope we do but don't expect it.

Cringe

Why would you cringe at a post match photo (that was not a selfie) showing happy players in a dressing room?

Good for morale, teamwork and all that.

Perfectly normal thing to do, victories should always be enjoyed.

Why would you cringe at a post match photo (that was not a selfie) showing happy players in a dressing room?

Good for morale, teamwork and all that.

Perfectly normal thing to do, victories should always be enjoyed.

I cringed and cringed hard, most people did, hence nobody thanked your post, it's just that I've said it was cringey now that opinions will change and it will be celebrated. There will be gifs of it it we don't get top 4 alot like the gifs of us celebrating that 2-2 with West Brom.

Must thank that post

We've been as good if not better this season than Spurs were last season. I'm hoping again for improvement next season. It likely won't be enough for a league win, especially given that we will have European football next season for sure, but if we can get more league points next season than this one everything will be hunky dory.

Important summer coming up though of course, hopefully we'll have at least a CL qualifier as enticement for incoming players.

I cringed and cringed hard, most people did, hence nobody thanked your post, it's just that I've said it was cringey now that opinions will change and it will be celebrated. There will be gifs of it it we don't get top 4 alot like the gifs of us celebrating that 2-2 with West Brom.

I didn't realise that people not thanking a post means that people are cringing.

I suppose you'd have more experience with thankless posts than most though, so you must be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3_1.php

If Moreno was a cat, always going over the top and being awkward when there are easier options.

• Advertisement

Manchester derby very important for us now, don't know which way we will need it to go through so will just shout for city for the craic.

5starpool wrote: »
    .......... if we can get more league points next season than this one everything will be hunky dory.............

With 5 games left we are on 66 points, I'd expect us to finish on 76 at least now :)

Consideriing we will be in Europe as you say next season I don't think we'd have to improve on a 2ppg season in the PL for next year to be hunky dory.

If we went on a good European run for example and, got to a domestic cup final and finished the PL next season on 76 points I don't think there'd be any complaints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Manchester derby very important for us now, don't know which way we will need it to go through so will just shout for city for the craic.

Draw will be perfect. Utd have 5 very tough away games left Burnley away next for them before they play city is a tricky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Good win Reds. Let's keep it rolling.

Great win today lads. But cringing hard at a photo is obviously the most important result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A draw would be the ideal result but a win either way also works.

With 5 games left we are on 66 points, I'd expect us to finish on 76 at least now :)

Consideriing we will be in Europe as you say next season I don't think we'd have to improve on a 2ppg season in the PL for next year to be hunky dory.

If we went on a good European run for example and, got to a domestic cup final and finished the PL next season on 76 points I don't think there'd be any complaints :)

We're getting somewhat ahead of ourselves here I think.

What I think I'm trying to say is that we have generally made progress this season, although with a small enough squad and less games, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. I'm hoping that we can at least incrementally build. I think that next season winning a trophy would be great. The FA Cup, qualifying for CL and get to the knockout stages of the CL (if we are in it) or quarter finals of EL at least would be a good season.

Again, might be jumping a little ahead though. We have plenty of work left to do in the next few weeks still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Still undefeated at match threads.

great_gatsby.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City have 4 home games left , United only 2 and have to face City ,Arsenal , Spurs and Southampton away.
    I think we can mess up a little and still get a top 4 spot . What order City and Liverpool finish is difficult to predict .

• Advertisement

Watching a programme about a New Balance factory in England, thought it strange they wouldn't be made in China or Indonesia etc.

wiki tells me that New Balance has significant manufacturing facilities in both the US and the UK, I must admit I do like the ethical sound of that from our shirt sponsors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement