Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not sure if this is true but it seems we haven't lost a PL game when Matip & Lovren start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Big win.

Utd winning is a blow but gotta be confident still.

Anyone back for Palace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I cringed and cringed hard, most people did, hence nobody thanked your post, it's just that I've said it was cringey now that opinions will change and it will be celebrated. There will be gifs of it it we don't get top 4 alot like the gifs of us celebrating that 2-2 with West Brom.

You waited a full 7 minutes before declaring nobody thanked his post! :(
    I couldn't care less what gifs or memes are being made of those celebrations at West Brom for that late draw. It was Klopp trying to create an atmosphere at the stadium and had as much to do with that as it did drawing with west brom. You shouldn't let stupid meme's get to you.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

noodler wrote: »
    Big win.

Utd winning is a blow but gotta be confident still.

Anyone back for Palace?

Nope. Lallana might be ok to return to training after it, but no one back for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How are we still fighting when we're actually winning. God help this thread after the next loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Had a look at the table, the five teams ahead of arsenal won this weekend to add to their pressure. I know they will pass everton with a win but it is a tough European place fight at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »
    How are we still fighting when we're actually winning. God help this thread after the next loss.

"We"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I cringed and cringed hard, most people did, hence nobody thanked your post, it's just that I've said it was cringey now that opinions will change and it will be celebrated. There will be gifs of it it we don't get top 4 alot like the gifs of us celebrating that 2-2 with West Brom.

I doubt it. I actually hate this stoic nonsense. No-one cares as much about this as you think they do. It's an outdated mentality that deserves to stay in the past along all the other aspects of "men showing emotion is weak" which we're finally, finally creeping away from.

They just won a bloody tough match, at one of the tougher away grounds, and are in good form. It's a good thing.

And that bit of camaraderie and thanking the fans we saw after the 2-2 last season is still one of my favourite Klopp moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

sword1 wrote: »
    Had a look at the table, the five teams ahead of arsenal won this weekend to add to their pressure. I know they will pass everton with a win but it is a tough European place fight at the moment.

Gotta hope they can beat United, makes matters much easier for us

Gotta hope they can beat United, makes matters much easier for us

We'll see game by game what we need I guess. If Utd don't beat Burnley next week and we win (utd will beat them though, Burnley are gone to crap lately even at home) a draw between Arsenal and Utd is a big plus for us probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was hoping United would have dropped points today but Chelsea produced one of their worst performances of the season. We can only control our own results anyway. Keep winning and we'll be fine. Stoke and WBA away were arguably our two toughest games left on paper and we've taken 6 points from them.

Would be great to get Lallana and Hendo back but it looks like it'll be after Palace until that happens. Can is undroppable at the moment though. Thought Mignolet was brilliant the last 15 minutes today. One great save and came out and punched about 4 or 5 crosses clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Still undefeated at match threads.

great_gatsby.jpg

Cringing at this selfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So we win all our remaining games and Chelsea, Spurs and City lose theirs.....

Anyone know how to sell your soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Was hoping United would have dropped points today but Chelsea produced one of their worst performances of the season. We can only control our own results anyway. Keep winning and we'll be fine. Stoke and WBA away were arguably our two toughest games left on paper and we've taken 6 points from them.

Would be great to get Lallana and Hendo back but it looks like it'll be after Palace until that happens. Can is undroppable at the moment though. Thought Mignolet was brilliant the last 15 minutes today. One great save and came out and punched about 4 or 5 crosses clear.

Yeah, fair points, and I'm kinda getting comfortable seeing Lucas getting so much time recently - not perfect but he strikes me as a positive influence within the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sold mine to get Klopp in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

****ing Chelsea, the one time you want them to do us a favour and they do that. I hope Spurs win the title - there I said it.

Liverpool have breached the 63 points mark for only the second time since 2007/8! :eek:

Matip/Lovren form DWWDWWDWDDWDWW

While I think about it Can was excellent today, really put himself about across the left side of the middle, took a few hits and yet his hair didn't waver once. Mig also done well, even if a few of the Baggies made a baggies of their shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

****ing Chelsea, the one time you want them to do us a favour and they do that. I hope Spurs win the title - there I said it.
    The best team in the league will win the title because they deserve to by winning more games.

Always.

Except Chelsea.

They will just have bought the title again.:P

I'm going to have a cup of something to celebrate todays win....

00E9XGs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm going to have a cup of something to celebrate todays win....

00E9XGs.jpg

I actually thought he was going to explode on the sideline today. We got a lot of the small decisions which infuriated him and the crowd, although I thought it would come back on us in the end when they got on the refs case. Luckily it didnt.

Also, dunno if he's covered by the abuse rule so will just say Alan Smith is a not nice person...criticised Robson Kanu for not being 'sneakier' with his stamp on Can, and had a go at Clyne after the attempted leg breaker on him.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I actually thought he was going to explode on the sideline today. We got a lot of the small decisions which infuriated him and the crowd, although I thought it would come back on us in the end when they got on the refs case. Luckily it didnt.

Also, dunno if he's covered by the abuse rule so will just say Alan Smith is a not nice person...criticised Robson Kanu for not being 'sneakier' with his stamp on Can, and had a go at Clyne after the attempted leg breaker on him.

That stamp on Can was 100% prime ****house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Great day all round. A very good win at the Hawthorns and Man U doing us a favour in the later game. Our title challenge is back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Wave a plastic flag.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Wave a plastic flag.

Feck you!

I'm covered in beer now from out my nose :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5starpool wrote: »
    We'll see game by game what we need I guess. If Utd don't beat Burnley next week and we win (utd will beat them though, Burnley are gone to crap lately even at home) a draw between Arsenal and Utd is a big plus for us probably.

Their home form is still good. Of their last 8 games 6 have been away from home which makes their current form seem worse than it is. Their last 3 home games they drew with Chelsea lost to spurs and beat stoke before that they won 5 at home on the bounce. I think its a really tough game for utd and I wouldn't be surprised if they drop points in that game.

Their home form is still good. Of their last 8 games 6 have been away from home which makes their current form seem worse than it is. Their last 3 home games they drew with Chelsea lost to spurs and beat stoke before that they won 5 at home on the bounce. I think its a really tough game for utd and I wouldn't be surprised if they drop points in that game.

Here's hoping anyhow!

An ideal next 12 days or so would be an Anderlecht win, Burnley win, we win, City and Utd draw.

That would be pretty sweet! Unlikely set of results though unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Wave a plastic flag.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

*Shameless thankswhoring*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Tony Pulis may have just killed Ben Foster....

https://twitter.com/HaytersTeamwork/status/853709678987161600

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Cartman78 wrote: »

I was at the Waterford FC match v Athlone on Friday night and with the blues 2-1 up in injury time the Athlone keeper came up for a corner. Connors( Waterford keeper ) came out and claimed like a boss and in the process cleaned the Athlone keeper out of it. Both keepers were down but the Athlone lad ended up coming off all bandaged up and applauding the home supporters thinking the noise was appreciation rather as opposed to abuse for the timewasting from the fifth minute.

Not really a funny anecdote or anything(obviously :v) but I can't ever recall seeing two opposing keepers down injured beside each other in the same penalty area before, just looked odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Cartman78 wrote: »

Is he seriously so defensive-minded that he'd rather lose 1-0 instead of potentially losing 2-0 but having an extra man in the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The hatred from the Liverpool end when Moreno missed was funny. They wanted to lynch him, the **** signs and shaking fists were aplenty . He really is a guy in a parallel universe where he believes he looks good, plays great, has great fashion sense and is well loved. He's a comical confused guy who has his head in the clouds. He's like a dog that can't take a simple ''sit' command even though years of training have gone into him. Basically a loss cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

And United win the league??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

P160511-062-Liverpool_Chelsea-1024x682.jpg

32F2C08400000578-0-image-a-78_1460062661735.jpg

Alberto-Moreno-1.jpg

l5svpvD.jpg

JS75011193.jpg

moreno-tackle-lima.jpg

steven-naismith-of-norwich-city-is-fouled-by-alberto-moreno-of-in-picture-id506690276?s=612x612

P160724-030-Liverpool_San_Francisco-683x1024.jpg

I don't know what Moreno is like away from the football pitch. Maybe he flakes through the Crosaire crossword before he reaches the end of a cup of coffee, while holding a conversation about Kierkegaard.

But I'm hard pressed to think of a dumber footballer for us. He's a complete numbskull on the pitch. When did he last have a game when he didn't do something straight out of the DVD extras for Idiocracy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We win a huge game and the thread is full of people abusing Moreno... pathetic tbh.

How many times do we say "I want a lad who shows passion" well Albie shows that every time he plays for us. Is he good enough or tactically astute enough? Nope, but he doesn't warrant all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

corwill wrote: »
    When did he last have a game when he didn't do something straight out of the DVD extras for Idiocracy?

I remember him scoring against Spurs.

Thats all I've got.

I'm not a Fan of wee Alberto but I wouldn't be giving the boy abuse whilst attending a game. He's hardly in the same bracket as Diouf.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I remember him scoring against Spurs.

Thats all I've got.

I'm not a Fan of wee Alberto but I wouldn't be giving the boy abuse whilst attending a game. He's hardly in the same bracket as Diouf.

I wouldn't abuse him from the stands either, but it's at the stage where I absolutely dread seeing him come on.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    How many times do we say "I want a lad who shows passion"

If whatever Moreno has counts as passion, then the answer for me is never, ever.

I don't know what Moreno is like away from the football pitch. Maybe he flakes through the Crosaire crossword before he reaches the end of a cup of coffee, while holding a conversation about Kierkegaard.

But I'm hard pressed to think of a dumber footballer for us. He's a complete numbskull on the pitch. When did he last have a game when he didn't do something straight out of the DVD extras for Idiocracy?

Whenever i see Moreno, i think of that line from The Hangover that Stu delivers to Alan. "You are literally too dumb to insult".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wouldn't abuse him from the stands either, but it's at the stage where I absolutely dread seeing him come on.

I'm about 12 months gone past that stage.

The tackle when he had two attempts to bring down Naysmith when he was at Norwich and the ridiculous challenge at the corner flag against Dortmund.
    Both illustrated by Toby above.

Didn't he also have two or three brain-farts in the Europa semi-final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is he seriously so defensive-minded that he'd rather lose 1-0 instead of potentially losing 2-0 but having an extra man in the box?

A lot of the time you don't really end up with an extra man in the box as other players drop off 10 metres to cover the lack of a goalkeeper. So today McClean had to drop back - who would you prefer as an attacking option from a corner, Foster or McClean?
    Its especially relevant to Pulisball where likely everyone has a predefined and much rehearsed role from deadball situations, thus the keeper going forward actually interferes with his own team.

• Advertisement

There's too much talk of other teams in this thread. Our goals are in our own hands, simple as that. Other results don't interest me apart from our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Thing about that Moreno moment is that all our players inc sturridge were ****ing offside had he passed it given there was only 1 brom player between him and the goal coz of foster going up.
    Doubt Moreno knew that but all the same 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thing about that Moreno moment is that all our players inc sturridge were ****ing offside had he passed it given there was only 1 brom player between him and the goal coz of foster going up.
    Doubt Moreno knew that but all the same 😂😂

Can and Firminho to his right didn't look offside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

They weren't....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The general mood in this place after a win and the moment the more negative members show up

monkey9 wrote: »
    There's too much talk of other teams in this thread. Our goals are in our own hands, simple as that. Other results don't interest me apart from our own.

Of course they should interest you. Other teams can pass us, them dropping points is good for us. What's not interesting about that?

Palace up next, on form still need to win a game to be absolutely certain. Tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Palace up next, on form still need to win a game to be absolutely certain. Tricky.

Yep, they look like a totally different team to the pre-Christmas Palace.

Benteke is looking good and Luka Milivojevic has given their midfield a real bite. That's before we even mention Zaha and Townsend, who are both flying lately.

As an upside, though, Sakho won't be there so hopefully we will have a chance to get at their defence.

As it stands, every game is a must-win for us - any dropped points would give a real morale boost to our rivals for the top 4 spots too so best avoiding that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Pretty sure they're not. You can't be offside when you're behind the ball.

Moreno didn't even need to lash at the ball, he could have rolled it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement