Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tranmere released a statement today saying the rag wasn't welcome since 2015 and isn't welcome going forward so the de facto ban stays in place that's the three main clubs in Liverpool they are banned from.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Just overheard a Utd fan in a pub hoping we finish 4th so they knock us out of CL. No convincing him either that there be 5 places ha

Top fan, hardcore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tranmere released a statement today saying the rag wasn't welcome since 2015 and isn't welcome going forward so the de facto ban stays in place that's the three main clubs in Liverpool they are banned from.

Don't know who the third main club is but I read a few days ago that Everton banned it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Utd now have el sf before arsenal away and spurs away. That can only help us get top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Utd now have el sf before arsenal away and spurs away. That can only help us get top 4.

And prob no more Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tbh I would've preferred if they had been just knocked out tonight.

If we don't finish in the top four, in the position we're in with 5 games to go, then we simply don't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

A trip to Turkey would be nice too.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    And prob no more Zlatan

Argument to be made that it may be a positive thing even though he's contributed so much this season

More pace up front, but again finishing seems to be a consistent issue so who knows

It's going to be a juicy run in that's for sure. Buckle up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Argument to be made that it may be a positive thing even though he's contributed so much this season

More pace up front, but again finishing seems to be a consistent issue so who knows

It's going to be a juicy run in that's for sure. Buckle up!
    Has he committed to next season?

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Has he committed to next season?

It's got a extension clause in it but looks like his season could well be over now at this stage
    Hard know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is our squad so depleted now that we are genuinely calling on Gerrard, Carragher, Agger & Steve McManaman for the post season friendly in Oz?
    Bring back Hyppia he's probably still quicker than Klavan at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is our squad so depleted now that we are genuinely calling on Gerrard, Carragher, Agger & Steve McManaman for the post season friendly in Oz?
    Bring back Hyppia he's probably still quicker than Klavan at this stage.

No matter who is fit, the squad will be depleted for a mickey mouse friendly on the other side of the world.

This is about selling tickets and I would read nothing into the team/squad selection at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

murpho999 wrote: »
    No matter who is fit, the squad will be depleted for a mickey mouse friendly on the other side of the world.

This is about selling tickets and I would read nothing into the team/squad selection at all.

I'd imagine he's joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd imagine he's joking.

Ok, maybe my sarcasm detector is broken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently Michael Keane is leaving Burnley in the summer. I think he has all the makings of an excellent defender, so wouldn't be against Liverpoool signing him at all.

He's ex United though, so wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Apparently Michael Keane is leaving Burnley in the summer. I think he has all the makings of an excellent defender, so wouldn't be against Liverpoool signing him at all.

Been very impressive this season. I think he looks a better player than Stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

For £80m

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good player and has done very well for them the past two seasons. Very dominant in the air and can play the ball out quite well. He only has 1 year left on his contract so I'd say he is available for 20 million max. Utd have a 25% sell on clause on him. I think heaton would be an upgrade on our keepers aswell. I'd watch a fair bit of Burnley and ings was a signing I was fully behind not as a starter but a great option to have unfortunately his injuries have ruined that for him. Trippier available for 3 million at the time would have been another great option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Watching the Juv defence the othernight was a pleasure. they never gave the best strike force in the world a kick. would love to have even a small part of that at liverpool

• Advertisement

Good player and has done very well for them the past two seasons. Very dominant in the air and can play the ball out quite well. He only has 1 year left on his contract so I'd say he is available for 20 million max. Utd have a 25% sell on clause on him. I think heaton would be an upgrade on our keepers aswell. I'd watch a fair bit of Burnley and ings was a signing I was fully behind not as a starter but a great option to have unfortunately his injuries have ruined that for him. Trippier available for 3 million at the time would have been another great option.

Only found out yesterday that Heaton leads the league in saves with 127. That's a phenomenal amount.

Not sure if that should put a knock on Keane either with the amount of shots he has to face :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Heaton is a busy keeper, what would he be like if it's 45 minutes between saves? How good would he be then?

Heaton is a busy keeper, what would he be like if it's 45 minutes between saves? How good would he be then?

Not a clue. But yeah, always a valid point with keepers and what their concentration is like if left relatively untested for the majority of games.

Mignolet at Sunderland was making save after save, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Only found out yesterday that Heaton leads the league in saves with 127. That's a phenomenal amount.

Can he do step overs to scare the ****e out of us though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Aspas better step up to the plate in his next European games :pac:

Be great if he downed Utd, I think he has about 15 goals in the league this season. We shudda sold Sturridge and kept this fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

He's having some season alright.

J0LQCm2.png

Messi is finished. Only 13 goals more than Aspas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

A spoofer bill.

A nothing player bill.

Bill.

Past peak...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

He was the player I loved the most. Broke my heart. Even Suarez leaving couldn't compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

He was the player I loved the most. Broke my heart. Even Suarez leaving couldn't compare.

For me it was losing Alonso - I knew we'd never replace his quality

Anyone read the article that had a big bit on Torres, and his time at the club? Good insight into the end of Benitez era, Hodgson, the FSG takeover & Dalglish etc.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Quickly found: Fernando Torres On His Anfield Exit: A Complete Chapter From Ring of Fire: Liverpool Into The 21st Century: The Players’ Stories

Well worth a read.

Chester City FC have banned the S*n.

well sort of
    Chester Football Club is in the privileged position of not having any dealings with the Sun Newspaper.

However, it goes without saying that we utterly condemn recent comments in that paper relating to Ross Barkley and, of course, the dreadful coverage of the tragic events at Hillsborough.

We fully support our friends at Liverpool and Everton in the stance that they have taken, and will reflect that position in any dealings we have in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Chester City FC have banned the S*n.
    Hopefully it's gaining momentum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Anyone read the article that had a big bit on Torres, and his time at the club? Good insight into the end of Benitez era, Hodgson, the FSG takeover & Dalglish etc.

Edit: Quickly found: Fernando Torres On His Anfield Exit: A Complete Chapter From Ring of Fire: Liverpool Into The 21st Century: The Players’ Stories

Well worth a read.
    He's dead to me after who he joined.

Regardless, read the article you stubborn feck :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Who gives a **** about Chelsea to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chester FC have now banned the rag.
    Chester Football Club is in the privileged position of not having any dealings with the Sun rag Newspaper.

However, it goes without saying that we utterly condemn recent comments in that paper relating to Ross Barkley and, of course, the dreadful coverage of the tragic events at Hillsborough.

We fully support our friends at Liverpool and Everton in the stance that they have taken, and will reflect that position in any dealings we have in the future.
    http://www.chesterfc.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-the-sun-newspaper-3685996.aspx#ScG8IoCvlKQh8QHM.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Is there an echo in here? :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Sakho interview with The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/21/mamadou-sakho-interview-liverpool-crystal-palace

“It’s all about seeing Palace safe, and we’re not there yet. If I wear the Liverpool shirt again I will gladly. I have three more years of contract there. But if I have to stay at Palace, I would do that gladly too. I’m happy, I feel good here. I’m also someone who is ambitious, so I will let my agent deal with that in the summer and we’ll see where we are. If my future proves to be somewhere else... well, so be it. I’ll leave everything on my mother’s prayers."

I understand why Klopp has to move him on. I'm just sad that it plays out like this. He was a hero this time last year with the goals vs Everton and Dortmund in the same week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Umaro wrote: »

I understand why Klopp has to move him on. I'm just sad that it plays out like this. He was a hero this time last year with the goals vs Everton and Dortmund in the same week.

I wish I understood!

Tried to explain it to a few mates today after the drug test results who couldn't understand why he'd be moved on if innocent.

I mentioned he stormed off once and was late for a preseason event another time.. It all felt a bit... "so?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

He was dicked over. Its not like he said Chelsea or nobody. They bid the money and it was accepted. He was constantly lied to for over a year. I was gutted and will never love a footballer like that again but enough time has passed and now when i think of him i think of this...

and of course this...

for two years he was the best striker in the world and he was all ours. Shame we ran into THAT United team... but thats been our luck the last 20+ years.

Edit: oh and he was dreamy too. To go from those looks to Andy Carrols mug... devo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He was dicked over. Its not like he said Chelsea or nobody. They bid the money and it was accepted. He was constantly lied to for over a year. I was gutted and will never love a footballer like that again but enough time has past and now when i think of him i think of this...

and of course this...

for two years he was the best striker in the world and he was all ours. Shame we ran into THAT United team... but thats been our luck the last 20+ years.

Edit: oh and he was dreamy too. To go from those looks to Andy Carrols mug... devo.

Agree with this sentiment so strongly. Realised how much fondness I have from him when he had that recent scare a month or two ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As long as Klopp buys some defenders that are better than Sakho this summer then I don't really care where he goes. If we get rid of Sakho and don't bring anyone in that's better than him then I'll be a little more confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He was dicked over. Its not like he said Chelsea or nobody. They bid the money and it was accepted. He was constantly lied to for over a year. I was gutted and will never love a footballer like that again but enough time has passed and now when i think of him i think of this...

and of course this...

I never get the hate people have for ex players, particularly those who acted professionally and gave their all whilst employed by the club. So what that he moved on.

We got £50m for him and he was well past his best.

He owes us nothing.

Focus on the good.

Forget the negative waves Moriarty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Well worth a read.
    Sure at least he didn't join United.
    That was club ambassador Michael Owen lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was reading a piece by paul joyce today and he says that naby keita of leipzig is our number 1 target and we are willing to spend big to get him. He also had same agent of mane.

Anyone watch him play ? I know leipzig are flying but where would he fit into this lfc side ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

ricero wrote: »
    Was reading a piece by paul joyce today and he says that naby keita of leipzig is our number 1 target and we are willing to spend big to get him. He also had same agent of mane.

Anyone watch him play ? I know leipzig are flying but where would he fit into this lfc side ?

Is that the second player recently linked just because he has the same agent as Mane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement