Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ricero wrote: »
    Was reading a piece by paul joyce today and he says that naby keita of leipzig is our number 1 target and we are willing to spend big to get him. He also had same agent of mane.

Anyone watch him play ? I know leipzig are flying but where would he fit into this lfc side ?

He's amazing. I hate using easy comparisons but he's like Kante in that he seems to be everywhere. I think he's better than Kante tho. Certainly better at driving with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Was reading a piece by paul joyce today and he says that naby keita of leipzig is our number 1 target and we are willing to spend big to get him. He also had same agent of mane.

Anyone watch him play ? I know leipzig are flying but where would he fit into this lfc side ?

Keita is like an energizer bunny anytime I have seen him.

I have a feeling it will spell the end of Henderson especially with his injury that could flair up anytime..

A midfield of Keita, Can & Wijnaldum would be impressive.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is that the second player recently linked just because he has the same agent as Mane.

The link to him has been going on a while. This is the summer for us to get him. Wait and he'll end up at Bayern or Real imo. Him and Brandt are by all accounts our two big targets. If we got both of them i'd be beyond delighted.

Keita is like an energizer bunny anytime I have seen him

A midfield of Keita, Can & Wijnaldum would be impressive.

Keita, Wijnaldum and Lalanna would be even better... the workrate would be UNREAL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I love his wikipedia page:
    Keita is described as a dynamic, box-to-box central midfielder. He is also able to distribute the ball with range and accuracy, score goals frequently and has been compared to N'Golo Kante, and Deco

Because Kante and Deco aren't completely different styles of players at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

eyerer wrote: »
    Sure at least he didn't join United.
    That was club ambassador Michael Owen lol
    Don't worry, I'm not biased.

I just hate every player that joins Chelsea equally...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

watching that madrid performance in the torres link,could have scored 7 goals in that game,we were really really good then

Sakho considering sueing for damages after his wrongful drugs ban.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mamadou-sakho-reveals-lowest-point-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

This (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/21/mamadou-sakho-interview-liverpool-crystal-palace?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard) is as close to confirmation that Sakho wants to return to playing for Liverpool along with a public apology and acceptance that Klopp is the boss as Sakho is ever going to make. Question is will Klopp accept the olive branch or not.

It might sound idealistic but I think there's a chance we'll see a public reconciliation between them after the game on Sunday. A simple handshake, smile and a hug. Could be a very smart move for everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't see it happening, Klopp is a stubborn man (often in a good way though) and I don't see him changing his mind on this. Again, there's more going on here than the general public (i.e. Us) knows about, I'm sure of it. There's no way a defender of Sakho's ability is cut loose so ruthlessly without something more serious than punctuality issues and one known incident of unprofessionalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I like Henderson a lot and he's improved greatly in the past 18 months but injuries or not I think we should be looking to upgrade on him and have him as a bench option. I'd really like for us to bring in two starting CMs to go alongside Wijnaldum, or just one top CM if we're going to persist with Lallana in midfield too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I like Henderson a lot and he's improved greatly in the past 18 months but injuries or not I think we should be looking to upgrade on him and have him as a bench option. I'd really like for us to bring in two starting CMs to go alongside Wijnaldum, or just one top CM if we're going to persist with Lallana in midfield too.

Would definitely keep Lallana in CM, has been fantastic there. Himself, Wijnaldum and Keita would be unreal, and leave us in decent shape if we still had Can and Henderson in reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sakho considering sueing for damages after his wrongful drugs ban.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mamadou-sakho-reveals-lowest-point-1
    I am not a lawyer but surely he , and the club , have a cast iron case ? Whoever docked up its uefa's liability

cjmc wrote: »
    I am not a lawyer but surely he , and the club , have a cast iron case ? Whoever docked up its uefa's liability

It does seem straightforward, being banned for using a product that isn't banned.

Came across an article throwing a good share of doubt on the supposed benefits of moneyball.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/21/moneyball-baseball-oakland-book-billy-beane?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

It does seem straightforward, being banned for using a product that isn't banned.

Came across an article throwing a good share of doubt on the supposed benefits of moneyball.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/21/moneyball-baseball-oakland-book-billy-beane?CMP=share_btn_tw

I thought we knew that about the drug ages ago. The substance was on the provisional banned list but not on the current full list. Could you imagine being jailed for a law they are thinking of enacting next year ? Sacko is going to clean up and I am sure Liverpool have a case against UEFA for dragging their name through the mud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I can forgive and forget any player leaving but I will never, ever, ever forgive this

Roy-Hodgson-Liverpool-man-006.jpg

I feel sick just posting that.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I can forgive and forget any player leaving but I will never, ever, ever forgive this

That time when LFC took a bad trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

dogbert27 wrote: »

It's kinda apt that he couldn't even hold up the Club part of the scarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Dark times i remember celebrating blackburn beating us at ewood park because i knew he would be sacked.

What the **** was the club thinking sacking rafa and replacing him with an absolute jabroni like roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brevity wrote: »
    It's kinda apt that he couldn't even hold up the Club part of the scarf.

Ironic that the only two letters of the word showing are CL, when he fcuked up our chances of getting back to that competition the day he signed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Dark times i remember celebrating blackburn beating us at ewood park because i knew he would be sacked.

What the **** was the club thinking sacking rafa and replacing him with an absolute jabroni like roy

Hicks and Gillets last f*ck you to Rafa and all of us

It might sound idealistic but I think there's a chance we'll see a public reconciliation between them after the game on Sunday. A simple handshake, smile and a hug. Could be a very smart move for everyone!

Sakho won't be pitch side..... might sit with injured Liverpool players in the stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Speaking of Torres, I've always loved the goal at 2:30 in this video. Check out the replay, absolute textbook header. Brilliant technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KvXB18WZg

If Utd win tomorrow they'll be 3pts behind with a game in hand before our game kicks off.

Frustrating how close they can get TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Speaking of Torres, I've always loved the goal at 2:30 in this video. Check out the replay, absolute textbook header. Brilliant technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KvXB18WZg

You need a warning for the ****ing music in that video. Jesus **** it's horrible.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    If Utd win tomorrow they'll be 3pts behind with a game in hand before our game kicks off.

Frustrating how close they can get TBH.

A least the game on Thursday is pretty much win win for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

5starpool wrote: »
    A least the game on Thursday is pretty much win win for us.

... assuming we beat Palace...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

All we need to do is pick up more points in our remaining games than United do in theirs, we've a much easier fixture list and far less congestion, if we can't do it then we don't deserve 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Win our 3 remaining home games and it should be enough for champs LG.

75 pts has been enough every season bar 2 since the turn of the century.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

... assuming we beat Palace...

Even if we don't there is no bad result for us in that game. Obviously beating Palace is something we need to do anyhow to make things easier for us, but if w any don't were still in reasonable shape.

Oh would you believe it Sturridge is an injury doubt for tomorrow after missing the last few training sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes I would believe it. More than that I now expect it. He is made of wet paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh would you believe it Sturridge is an injury doubt for tomorrow after missing the last few training sessions.

Lucky i was sitting down when i read that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't think it's right making fun of sturridge on here, where he can't defend himself due to the risk of tennis elbow, wrist dislocation, eye strain, shoulder dislocation, neck strain and back pain when posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have to sell Sturridge in the summer.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Better chance donating him to science than getting a club to buy him.

That hasn't happened since.......since......the last time he was passed fit to play?

In fairness, I did predict his head would fall off a few pages back:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How could Sturridge ever pass a fitness test with new club. He's never fit .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He makes Jack Wilshire look like Luis Suarez in the injury stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

MD1990 wrote: »

With all the TV money sloshing around some desperate mid-table side will take a chance and overpay for him. Kinda like Carroll going to West Ham or Ibe to Bournemouth.

• Advertisement

Alonso77 wrote: »

Twice in 17 seasons :)

Approx 12% chance of failure, aligns more or less with the betting markets price of 1/8 for us to be top 4 :)

How could Sturridge ever pass a fitness test with new club. He's never fit .
    He makes Jack Wilshire look like Luis Suarez in the injury stakes.

22 appearances for us this season, same as Matip :)
    He'll pass a fitness test for some crowd no problem.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Win our 3 remaining home games and it should be enough for champs LG.

and both times Liverpool missed out on Champions League, I bet ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He needs a team where he plays when fit no questions asked, a team that does not need him to run, a team that does not mind him taking it easy in training, a team that names him first on team sheet. Basically the deal Balotelli got, and look at him now.. some players just need to be on the pitch to score, Balotelli found it hard to score for Liverpool as he was on bench or in stands or at home. It's really hard to get your head on the end of a cross when you're on bench or watching 10 rows up in the stands.
    I always said Balotelli would get goals if played, but you have to ignore his input.

He needs a team where he plays when fit no questions asked, a team that does not need him to run, a team that does not mind him taking it easy in training, a team that names him first on team sheet. Basically the deal Balotelli got, and look at him now.. some players just need to be on the pitch to score, Balotelli found it hard to score for Liverpool as he was on bench or in stands or at home. It's really hard to get your head on the end of a cross when you're on bench or watching 10 rows up in the stands.

Unless its from a Charlie Admas penalty of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    22 appearances for us this season, same as Matip :)
    He'll pass a fitness test for some crowd no problem.

And similar minutes too, yeah?

No.

And similar minutes too, yeah?

I specifically said appearances :)
    Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Lazar goal, might be back, back from the dead and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just been watching Allan playing for Hertha Berlin in a rare start - very tidy. He played as the deepest midfielder but still managed to get the assist for the assist (so to speak) for the only goal. For the smallest/lightest player on the pitch he did well in a position that usually demands "presence". He had a cheeky punt from about the halfway line in the last few minutes when the Wolfsburg keeper came rushing out of his area but it drifted just wide.

sword1 wrote: »
    Lazar goal, might be back, back from the dead and all that

If he comes back to Anfield it'll be beacuse we can't sell him for £10m+ and he'll end up playing cup games IMO.

No good enough.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement