Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Better chance donating him to science than getting a club to buy him.

We could try market him as a human jigsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

15 league appearances, 10 of those being from the bench. Not exactly parallel with Matip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You just know there would be a bit missing - his heart! :pac:

/runs from Augeo

You just know there would be a bit missing - his heart! :pac:

/runs from Augeo

Won't be laughing when he has his Van Persie season (tm).

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Just been watching Allan playing for Hertha Berlin in a rare start - very tidy. He played as the deepest midfielder but still managed to get the assist for the assist (so to speak) for the only goal. For the smallest/lightest player on the pitch he did well in a position that usually demands "presence". He had a cheeky punt from about the halfway line in the last few minutes when the Wolfsburg keeper came rushing out of his area but it drifted just wide.

Was it a better attempt than moreno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    I specifically said appearances :)
    Yeah.

Taking it to an extreme...you could have someone come on for the last minute of every league game and you'd have someone with 38 appearances but only 38 minutes playing time. Which would you say is more important?

Matip also only has one goal less than Sturridge in the league this season :p

Taking it to an extreme...you could have someone come on for the last minute of every league game and you'd have someone with 38 appearances but only 38 minutes playing time. Which would you say is more important?

Depends what they did in that 38 minutes playing time.
    If one wants to take it to the extreme ;)

More important than what btw, you haven't described the other scenario at all? I'm not clairvoyant, extremely smart, yeah, clairvoyant, NO

Bored yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Is there an echo in here? :pac:

Is there an echo in here?

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Depends what they did in that 38 minutes playing time.
    If one wants to take it to the extreme ;)

More important than what btw, you haven't described the other scenario at all? I'm not clairvoyant, extremely smart, yeah, clairvoyant, NO

Bored yet ?

I meant is the appearances stat more important than the minutes stat.

I don't need to be clairvoyant to know that you already knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I meant is the appearances stat more important than the minutes stat.

I don't need to be clairvoyant to know that you already knew that.

Who's Claire Voyant? Is she the sky sorts news resident statistician?

FA Cup game is a bit of a cracker

Knex. wrote: »
    FA Cup game is a bit of a cracker

Should have put a loan back clause into Victory Moses' loan contract.

Nothing annoys me more than how well Moses and Aspas have done this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

**** Moses, never seen a more disinterested player play for us. Happy for aspas however, seemed to small for the league but tipping it up this season. What about peter gulacsi nailing down the number one shirt for the second placed team in the bundesliga though :D

• Advertisement

Remember when we nearly bought Eriksen, and Dele Alli, and Willian. Good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

And Aguero, and Tevez, and Mata, and Silva...

And Aguero, and Tevez, and Mata, and Silva...

And Ronaldo and Laudrup and....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We missed out on Soldado so it all balances out really. He was some donkey of a player for Spurs.

and Depay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I love klopp I'll say it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is second up for grabs now I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is second up for grabs now I wonder.

I'd say they're a bit stronger mentally this season and will still give Chelsea a worry in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd say they're a bit stronger mentally this season and will still give Chelsea a worry in the league.

I only care that they beat Utd in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just been watching Allan playing for Hertha Berlin in a rare start - very tidy. He played as the deepest midfielder but still managed to get the assist for the assist (so to speak) for the only goal. For the smallest/lightest player on the pitch he did well in a position that usually demands "presence". He had a cheeky punt from about the halfway line in the last few minutes when the Wolfsburg keeper came rushing out of his area but it drifted just wide.
    He's had a torrid time there, tbh. 5 appearances in the league up to recently and was blamed for the losses in 2 or 3 of those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

niallo27 wrote: »
    I love klopp I'll say it now

That's the spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moses is playing as a wingback. That is like us playing Firmino as a wingback and buying a Costa type to play striker. Would we do that though ?
    We have a history of buying players and then playing them out of their position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

martyos121 wrote: »
    We missed out on Soldado so it all balances out really. He was some donkey of a player for Spurs.

And Clint Dempsey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He's had a torrid time there, tbh. 5 appearances in the league up to recently and was blamed for the losses in 2 or 3 of those games.
    Linky==>

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-loanee-allan-rodrigues-de-12907463#ICID=sharebar_twitter

No way am I clicking a link for the echo - an appalling website apparently designed to freeze browsers.

• Advertisement

Markovic did great with goal to follow it up instead of running off celebrating thinking it crossed the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Alli was gerards fault apparently. They tried to entice him by arranging a meeting with gerard but he was a no show, went for a nap apparently. A pity as he is supposed to be a Liverpool fan and we had the upper hand in a chance of signing him but it did not happen

Markovic did great with goal to follow it up instead of running off celebrating thinking it crossed the line.

What caught my eye was that amazing sprint inside to meet the cross. Some speed on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Maybe I am getting old. This constant need to have petty digs at United, Everton or whoever has become in incredibly boring.

Is there anything factually inaccurate about Pogba now making more passes than Henderson in the league? Previous to this point, did Henderson have the most passes of any player in the league? Does that now mean that Pogba now has the highest number of passes in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Maybe I am getting old. This constant need to have petty digs at United, Everton or whoever has become in incredibly boring.

Is there anything factually inaccurate about Pogba now making more passes than Henderson in the league? Previous to this point, did Henderson have the most passes of any player in the league? Does that now mean that Pogba now has the highest number of passes in the league?

You're absolutely right.

You are getting old.

Someone has to be the grown up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Bags not me.

Shut up,farty pants.

• Advertisement

It's all factual. Sure it was posted on the official utd Twitter page.

Anyways it's only a bit of lighthearted Bantz. :)

I probably should've held onto it till tomorrow and posted in utd match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's all factual. Sure it was posted on the official utd Twitter page.

Anyways it's only a bit of lighthearted Bantz. :)

I probably should've held onto it till tomorrow and posted in utd match thread.

Pogba's played four more games, for what it's worth. I'm not calculating minutes (who does that??!)

Anyway - what kind of an argument is being made by the total number of passes made? Its not Mastermind.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Pogba's played four more games, for what it's worth. I'm not calculating minutes (who does that??!)

Anyway - what kind of an argument is being made by the total number of passes made? Its not Mastermind.

Not sure really, Maybe the club(Utd) want to justify paying so much for a player? Going by replies to the tweet, Henderson still has more assists.

Don't forget this was the official Manchester United twitter page that made the comparison.

Listening to the radio this morning it seems Barca want Eriksen so we are nailed on to lose Coutinho to them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Listening to the radio this morning it seems Barca want Eriksen so we are nailed on to lose Coutinho to them now.

Or is it a double bluff for them to finally sign Gareth Barry....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If I were Barca i'd go for Bernardo Silva tbh. Would suit them better imo, whoever is in charge of transfers there the last few years is doing so bad its like sabotage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sword1 wrote: »
    Alli was gerards fault apparently. They tried to entice him by arranging a meeting with gerard but he was a no show, went for a nap apparently. A pity as he is supposed to be a Liverpool fan and we had the upper hand in a chance of signing him but it did not happen

By this account, it is because Alli is selfish, has an ego & wouldn't sign as a result of not meeting his idol.

Do you really believe this?

I'm still pissed we didn't spend the 15m on Eriksen that time, especially when we were so heavily linked to him for years.

Seeing him play with Alli after us botching that deal as well just makes it all the worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm still pissed we didn't spend the 15m on Eriksen that time, especially when we were so heavily linked to him for years.

Seeing him play with Alli after us botching that deal as well just makes it all the worse.

We should all just support Spurs. Then they'll all play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mosstin wrote: »

We would even have our own forum... :)

mosstin wrote: »

I feel dirty just reading that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement