Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

The rest of the team to Lovren in the dressing room:

x2PxHjM.jpg

Bloody disaster all round. Would want City to beat Utd on Thursday night to keep 3 pts between us and 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Sakho can **** right off, him and his stupid hand-shake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What a shower of bottlers. Lovren was absolutely dire. Kept trying to dive in to nick the ball and was made a mug out of. Just stay goal side Dejan.

Need United to lose some of those big games they have left now.

They're on a tear at the moment, we'd have a better chance of beating City for that last CL spot I'd say, I think United will beat them on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We don't have the quality.

Can't do much to rectify that until the summer.
    Might get the results we need, but if all of these games are now coinflips then we need 4 heads in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Dejan Lovren, take a bow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I put it down to just bad luck. We have every intention of defending. The ball runs against us at vital times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Sakho can **** right off, him and his stupid hand-shake.

Wish he was in our team over Lovren.

So........... Utd 3 pts behind but they have 2 games in hand now.
    And their GD is only inferior by 2.

City, 2 pts behind ... 2 games in hand and same GD as us.

Both of them need to finish above us for us to miss out on Top4, both of them doing so just got more likely after Palace beating us.

I'm not bad at the ole sums but the Manchester derby could go any of the 3 ways and still hurt us even if we win our next 4 .... a draw or Man City win would be the best for us of course, make it really tough for Utd. Dunno would you fancy us to win 4 on the trot though....West Ham and Southampton games won't be easy anyway you'd expect.

How we react to this will be crucial, there's a small fear we go on a Jan/Feb type run :o

Sakho being a happy lad on the bench enjoying his day out is the final nail in his Anfield career I reckon.

Carragher reckons it's 50/50 for top 4 now, the bookies don't quite agree....... betfair exchange has us at 1.77, probably be 4/6 with most bookmakers when they reform the market.

On the positives, 2ppg after 33 Pl games is very decent to be fair.......and it won't be said by many today but it's important to remember

............ we love Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Clyne should be embarrassed watching TAA when he came on. As soon as he got on the pitch we were more of a threat down the right, he gave the ball away a few times but he was fcuking running, running at players and trying to get dangerous balls in. He should be starting our next game for me, **** it, our fullbacks have been so useless I'd start him AND Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

martyos121 wrote: »
    They're on a tear at the moment, we'd have a better chance of beating City for that last CL spot I'd say, I think United will beat them on Thursday.

City's fixtures are too handy bar that game. They will definitely get top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coutinho needs to go fall over in the future when he is fouled in the box.

I really don't blame players for doing that when a ref won't give a foul if you try to stay on your feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

We'll never get another opportunity like this with the remaining games of getting a Champions League place. Be pathetic if we throw this away now. Tough loss to take but I still believe we'll fall over the line and finish 4th. ****ing hard to fathom that today again though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I put it down to just bad luck. We have every intention of defending. The ball runs against us at vital times.

My only shock was that West Brom didn't do it 2 weeks ago, we were terrible & sometimes when I watch us I wonder what we do on the training ground and if we even look at our opposition we are that poorly prepared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm just going to remind myself that it's only football.

/looks outside

I prefer football....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    I care about what he produces which is very little.

But, the way he does it isn't a sort of consistent atrociousness but rather he does 3/4 of a good thing, like dribbles past 4 lads, but then the cross/shot is ****.

Or he'll do really good hold up play but either hold onto the ball too long, pick the wrong pass or misplace the pass altogether.

He's got quality but he's incredibly inconsistent and not just game to game but second to second.

I apologise for the hyperbole but I just cant see him being close to brilliance as you say.

The fact we thought he was a better backup than Benteke is mental.

Granted we couldn't sell him for 30m.

Sums up our defending when Benteke has to bend over to put a header in from 3 yards dead centre in front of our goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

West Brom away stoke away and palace at home, I didn't think we would get 3 wins and didn't, although I expected to beat palace. Anyways, top 4 is out of our hands again but I'm not as doom and gloom as others considering the fixtures the other teams have.
    That bench today, I know we have injuries but Jesus Christ the lack of experience was freighting. Need plenty of spending in the summer.

Barcelona v Ronaldo next

Could be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do we have a defensive coach?

• Advertisement

Before WBA I said we'll need 3 wins and 2 draws from 6 games to get top 4, can't afford to lose another game now.

Having to rely on Arsenal and Spurs to do us a favour now, oh sweet Jesus. What a pigs ear we've made of a champions league place.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    I apologise for the hyperbole but I just cant see him being close to brilliance as you say.

The fact we thought he was a better backup than Benteke is mental.

Granted we couldn't sell him for 30m.

Do you see nothing at all good in his play?

The flashes of dribbles, of beating people from a standing start, the hold up play and that?

He's miles away from consistent enough but he does have the capacity to do very very good things. Better things than a very large number of players.

That doesn't mean he is good enough, or will ever be, but I'm hopeful that at the very least he'll become a good squad player.
    As it is, he's already delivered a fair few excellent performances, albeit most of them were last year.

He was poor today but he's been pretty good since he got back into the team after Mane's injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Coutinho needs to go fall over in the future when he is fouled in the box.

I really don't blame players for doing that when a ref won't give a foul if you try to stay on your feet.
    We had the same thing when Sterling got shoved in the back by Walker when we played Spurs. Sometimes, honesty isn't the best policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Very disappointing performance.

blueser wrote: »
    We had the same thing when Sterling got shoved in the back by Walker when we played Spurs. Sometimes, honesty isn't the best policy.

Benteke also got booked for diving today when he went down to a genuine challenge. It wasn't a foul but it certainly wasn't a dive, what can the players do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The biggest problem with him (Origi) for me is that he takes too many touches. There is a lot to like about him but he needs to do the simple things more often.

Still a better option than Forever Injured though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fowler87 wrote: »
    We'll never get another opportunity like this with the remaining games of getting a Champions League place. Be pathetic if we throw this away now. Tough loss to take but I still believe we'll fall over the line and finish 4th. ****ing hard to fathom that today again though :(

How would it be pathetic? Again just like 13-14 season it is not in Liverpool's hands with teams around them having games in hand

We basically have to hope Spurs and Arsenal can take points from United, which is a rare occurrence in those fixtures, and not fcuk up again ourselves. It's no longer in our hands but we still have the more favourable fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wijnaldum was a passenger in that match. Far too much malaise in the team.

Have a feeling our Jan/Feb run has cost us in the end

How or why in gods name have we let our squad get so poor,our bench quality is a massive issue and can not be rellied on to change a game,its the reason we wont get cl and will be stuck playing thur and sun again nxt year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Do we have a defensive coach?

Rodgers threw him under a bus.

Definite penalty on Phil. Stayed on his feet and tried to score though. Ref would have been entitled to blow for it anyway once no advantage accrued. But didn't.

Lovren dreadful for that first goal. Tried to anticipate the ball going into Cabaye's feet and instead it was knocked in behind. Lovren left in no man's land.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Rodgers threw him under a bus.

Well if we dont we fcuking need one

We definitely need to sign more attackers in the summer. Even with all our injuries Mane is the only man who could slot into the front three who's out. Of course there's Sturridge too but I'm sick of hoping for him to ever be reliable when we need him. Seems he's fit whenever we have a full squad and any time someone gets injured and a chance crops up for him to start a few games his hip acts up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How or why in gods name have we let our squad get so poor,our bench quality is a massive issue and can not be rellied on to change a game,its the reason we wont get cl and will be stuck playing thur and sun again nxt year

It's fairly obvious to most people why the bench is in such bad shape. Lallana, Henderson, Mane and Sturr.. all unexpectedly out injured.

We definitely need to sign more attackers in the summer. Even with all our injuries Mane is the only man who could slot into the front three who's out. Of course there's Sturridge too but I'm sick of hoping for him to ever be reliable when we need him. Seems he's fit whenever we have a full squad and any time someone gets injured and a chance crops up for him to start a few games his hip acts up again.

For me the biggest concern is the defence,not only personnel but also to be coached the art of defending,closely followed by midfield

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wijnaldum was a passenger in that match. Far too much malaise in the team.

Not blaming him but the last few months I gauge how we are playing on his performance, when he plays well we always do. Its not his fault but just something only I notice.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's fairly obvious to most people why the bench is in such bad shape. Lallana, Henderson, Mane and Sturr.. all unexpectedly out injured.

I know that,but lets say they all played today,you would still only have can,lucas,and origi on the bench,not much to bring on to change a game in fairness

Also Milner's not a left back, the charade has gone on long enough, having him and Lovren playing on the same side together is suicide. We're thin in midfield right now, get Milner back in the middle and stick Moreno/TAA/Gomez out there at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Turtyturd wrote: »

Most injuries are unexpected. That's why you build a squad. United didn't have Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Mata or Ibra today but still had a half decent bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Quality of the bench is nothing to do with the goals conceded today.

The attackers put the team ahead and then the defence let them down, not the bench.

You can rant all your negative stuff all you like but the truth is that the injuries have affected our attacking prowess. What team would not miss Mane and Lallana, and our defenders are poor and cave in under pressure.

I think we will get top 4 as we have four winnable games and I don't believe Utd will win all their remaining games.

As for next season, some upgrades clearly needed.

We'll need to get a win away to West Ham or home to Southampton, while also beating Watford and Middlesbrough, to do it I think. Neither is an easy task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Also Milner's not a left back, the charade has gone on long enough, having him and Lovren playing on the same side together is suicide. We're thin in midfield right now, get Milner back in the middle and stick Moreno/TAA/Gomez out there at the very least.

Milner's been grand at left back, he's certainly done a lot better than i thought he would. He's a player every squad should have.

But no doubt a left back is an essential purchase in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Easiest game Palace will have all fúcking rest of the season.

That game exposed every deficiency we have.

Reliant on Coutinho magic.
    Can't defend set pieces.
    Zero squad depth.
    Klopp seemingly incapable of coming up with anything different when up against this sort of team.

Honestly, pathetic.

You could copy and paste reaction to every draw/defeat we've had against this style this season. Nothing has changed.

Frustrating as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I hate days like this. Seeing your county get hammered in a final followed by your club go down at home to a hated manager. Sucks monkey balls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Need to buy 3/4 players that can have the impact that Mane had this year. Otherwise we are going nowhere.

Right lets re group , get the heads down and throw everything into winning these nxt 4 games,lets scrape into the cl , but fcuk me please please invest in this team over the summer and get rid of some deadwood,im serious when i say if we tog out nxt season with a certain 4 or 5 players nxt season ill fcuking explode

We woz unlucky. Had Coutinho went down we'd have made it 2-0 and would have had great chance to get a result if not a win. A draw today would have been ok , it keeps us ahead even if Man U won their games in hand. Losing is a disaster. We really need to win and score a lot of goals next time out..

If we can win 3 of our 4 remaining games we'll be on 75 points. In order for United to achieve that they'll need to win 4 of their remaining 6 games, which include City, Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton all away from home.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement