Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Well Bollox to that. Not fúcking good enough. If we don't get top four this season then questions have to be asked of Klopp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well Bollox to that. Not fúcking good enough. If we don't get top four this season then questions have to be asked of Klopp.

Ah jasus.

We should get rid and bring in big sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

SlickRic wrote: »
    Easiest game Palace will have all f?cking rest of the season.

That game exposed every deficiency we have.

Reliant on Coutinho magic.
    Can't defend set pieces.
    Zero squad depth.
    Klopp seemingly incapable of coming up with anything different when up against this sort of team.

Honestly, pathetic.

You could copy and paste reaction to every draw/defeat we've had against this style this season. Nothing has changed.

Frustrating as hell.

Bit harsh there was enough clear cut openings to win the game. Can missed a sitter in the first half. Cout should have gone down. Firminho flashed one across the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I hate days like this. Seeing your county get hammered in a final followed by your club go down at home to a hated manager. Sucks monkey balls!

Yep - Liverpool, Tipp and Munster all shat the bed, in that order of importance, for me this weekend. Utd winning away to Burnley at a canter was the cherry on top.

Seeing tipp hammered was the only tiny thing I can take from the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

SlickRic wrote: »
    Easiest game Palace will have all fúcking rest of the season.

That game exposed every deficiency we have.

Reliant on Coutinho magic.
    Can't defend set pieces.
    Zero squad depth.
    Klopp seemingly incapable of coming up with anything different when up against this sort of team.

Honestly, pathetic.

You could copy and paste reaction to every draw/defeat we've had against this style this season. Nothing has changed.

Frustrating as hell.

Exactly, and to be honest I'm so used to it now that I don't really care anymore.

ricero wrote: »
    Ah jasus.

We should get rid and bring in big sam

Your hyperbole is well just that. This is his second season. If we do not get Champions League this year for the second straight year then questions about him have to be asked.

Same as it would be for any other Liverpool manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The phrase is always used, but what are these questions that need asking? Because I haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If we can win 3 of our 4 remaining games we'll be on 75 points. In order for United to achieve that they'll need to win 4 of their remaining 6 games, which include City, Arsenal, Spurs and Southampton all away from home.

Ye I reckon 75 pts will do it whether we can get to 75 pts is another thing.

• Advertisement

The phrase is always used, but what are these questions that need asking? Because I haven't a clue.

Jesus. Are you really that clueless?

Is he the right manager for Liverpool is the question.

Forget all this fanboy crap of Klopp being a great guy which he undoubtedly is. If we don't get CL for the second year in a row under him that is simply not good enough, for any Liverpool manager.

Less of the hostility there.

Yes he is, or he's at least as good as we're going to get, in fact I'd say we're lucky to have gotten him. When Rodgers was sacked half of us here assumed it'd be the likes of Sean Dyche on the way. He has his flaws, if he was perfect he wouldn't be at Liverpool, but there is no manager that could currently replace him and do as good a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Forget all this fanboy crap of Klopp being a great guy which he undoubtedly is. If we don't get CL for the second year in a row under him that is simply not good enough, for any Liverpool manager.

I wouldn't have had any expectation on him getting cl last year. We still have problems but the team has definetly progressed this year.

Yes he is, or he's at least as good as we're going to get, in fact I'd say we're lucky to have gotten him. When Rodgers was sacked half of us here assumed it'd be the likes of Sean Dyche on the way. He has his flaws, if he was perfect he wouldn't be at Liverpool, but there is no manager that could currently replace him and do as good a job.

Ridiculous.

Yes we were lucky to get him but we are a club based on trophies and playing in the Champions League. And if he can't provide either of them then it's bye bye and on to the next manager. Same as it ever was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RIP to Zlatan and Rojo, remember city players were destroyed for the same thing earlier this season

3F8652EE00000578-4437360-image-m-3_1492955908143.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Also Milner's not a left back, the charade has gone on long enough, having him and Lovren playing on the same side together is suicide. We're thin in midfield right now, get Milner back in the middle and stick Moreno/TAA/Gomez out there at the very least.

Milner is not good in CM. He is a winger.

• Advertisement

In fairness it was a pretty stupid question.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Milner is not good in CM. He is a winger.

Then we can stick him out wide and bring Coutinho back into the middle. We have options, it's frustrating that they're not being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RIP to Zlatan and Rojo, remember city players were destroyed for the same thing earlier this season

Never forget.

Sorry pal, I'll run my posts by you from now on.

Wtf has this got to do with Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

niallo27 wrote: »

Booo :(

Sorry pal, I'll run my posts by you from now on.

Please dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wtf has this got to do with Liverpool?

Just trying to lighten the mood, also takes away their Suarez tshirt upper hand they pull out every now and then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liverpool have made a profit in every transfer window since Klopp arrived at the club. To be honest he's doing well to have us where he is given the competition he's up against. The squad is paper thin after a couple of injuries. I think he gambled having a small squad this season with no European football but it's caught up with us now with 3 important players out injured during the run-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bit pathetic some having a go at Sakho tbh.

I don't think we'll do it. I didn't expect us to win all our remaining games but need those three points.

Utd won't win them all but they won't have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Just trying to lighten the mood, also takes away their Suarez tshirt upper hand they pull out every now and then

The one Liverpool wore when he bit another footballer? Yeah, they're the same thing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ridiculous.

Yes we were lucky to get him but we are a club based on trophies and playing in the Champions League. And if he can't provide either of them then it's bye bye and on to the next manager. Same as it ever was.

You haven't a clue what Klopp is about then, do you? He's not a "get in, get trophies, get out" manager and never has been. He's a project manager, if we finished tenth this season he'd still be our manager next season, because it's a long term project to get us back to the top table of England and hopefully Europe. He did absolutely nothing at Dortmund until his third season, when the solid foundation was finally laid, and then he won two league titles in a one team league with a bunch of kids. There's absolutely no reason he can't build an even stronger foundation under our club, in time.

With our squad it was never going to be a quick fix, and the trophy argument is pointless because we came closer to winning a trophy twice with Klopp in his first few months than we did in Rafa's last three seasons at the club, and nobody called for his head. Basically, the points you're making are absolute nonsense.

Liverpool have made a profit in every transfer window since Klopp arrived at the club. To be honest he's doing well to have us where he is given the competition he's up against. The squad is paper thin after a couple of injuries. I think he gambled having a small squad this season with no European football but it's caught up with us now with 3 important players out injured during the run-in.

Every window since he arrived at the club is only 3. His first January he was only at the club a couple of months and hadn't enough time to know what was badly needed. I think the work he got done in the summer was fantastic and every starting player he brought in bar Karius has been a star, of course there was some shortcomings such as not bringing in a LB but it was a good window I'd say. The only real misstep is the January just gone, we should have galvanised then and we didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ah, I didn't want to win it anyway :D

martyos121 wrote: »
    You haven't a clue what Klopp is about then, do you? He's not a "get in, get trophies, get out" manager and never has been. He's a project manager, if we finished tenth this season he'd still be our manager next season, because it's a long term project to get us back to the top table of England and hopefully Europe. He did absolutely nothing at Dortmund until his third season, when the solid foundation was finally laid, and then he won two league titles in a one team league with a bunch of kids. There's absolutely no reason he can't build an even stronger foundation under our club, in time.

With our squad it was never going to be a quick fix, and the trophy argument is pointless because we came closer to winning a trophy twice with Klopp in his first few months than we did in Rafa's last three seasons at the club, and nobody called for his head. Basically, the points you're making are absolute nonsense.

Your post is nonsense. The simple fact is any Liverpool managers remit when he joins is trophies and CL qualification. If he doesn't provide either then he will be a failure. Quit your plan crap. You mentioned Rafa, he won us the CL in his first couple of years managing us which gave him freedom to implement a plan. Even Rodgers who was vilified by many in here got us into the CL. Klopp losing finals and missing out on top four does not give him the years to put his own plan in to action.

Take off your Klopp fanboy jacket and open your eyes.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    The one Liverpool wore when he bit another footballer? Yeah, they're the same thing alright.

It wasn't after he bit a player.

Your post is nonsense. The simple fact is any Liverpool managers remit when he joins is trophies and CL qualification. If he doesn't provide either then he will be a failure. Quit your plan crap. You mentioned Rafa, he won us the CL in his first couple of years managing us which gave him freedom to implement a plan. Even Rodgers who was vilified by many in here got us into the CL. Klopp losing finals and missing out on top four does not give him the years to put his own plan in to action.

It's actually painful how ignorant you are, it really is. How the fcuk is any manager meant to win trophies with the squad he inherited? Klopp isn't a bloody miracle worker ffs, expecting anything from him in his first season would be utter stupidity, and at the start of this season it'd be highly optimistic at best. He wasn't appointed to win a few trophies in the space of three or four years, he was appointed to build us back up from the mess we were and aim to reap the rewards on the back end of his contract, that wasn't a secret to anyone (except you it seems, who doesn't seem to have any clue what kind of manager he is or how he achieved what he did at Dortmund).

If you're asking me to open my eyes, you must be Stevie fcuking Wonder mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

It wasn't after he bit a player.

Sorry, my mistake. Was it after the racism incident then ?

Also Rodgers wasn't sacked because he failed to win us trophies, he was sacked because he took a team who had just finished 2nd in the league and ran them into the ground. Every decision he made in his final 18 months at Anfield was a mistake.

Klopp has had blunders, sure, but we're looking far better now than we were when he took over.

SteM wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake. Was it after the racism incident then ?

Alleged racism yes.

It's actually painful how ignorant you are, it really is. How the fcuk is any manager meant to win trophies with the squad he inherited? Klopp isn't a bloody miracle worker ffs, expecting anything from him in his first season would be utter stupidity, and at the start of this season it'd be highly optimistic at best. He wasn't appointed to win a few trophies in the space of three or four years, he was appointed to build us back up from the mess we were and aim to reap the rewards on the back end of his contract, that wasn't a secret to anyone (except you it seems, who doesn't seem to have any clue what kind of manager he is or how he achieved what he did at Dortmund).

Are you a bit slow bud. If you actually think like you just said that he wasn't appointed to win trophies in his first 3 or 4 years then it is you who is utterly clueless, we are not West Brom. And tbh I stopped reading your moronic post after that ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I wouldn't get upset by it. Welcome to the world of the modern football fan. I would say yer man is about 9 years old max.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I wouldn't get upset by it. Welcome to the world of the modern football fan. I would say yer man is about 9 years old max.

Great arguement fella. Point well made. Wait I can play this game too. I'd say you are about 8. Am I doing it right?

Are you a bit slow bud. If you actually think like you just said that he wasn't appointed to win trophies in his first 3 or 4 years then it is you who is utterly clueless, we are not West Brom. And tbh I stopped reading your moronic post after that ridiculous statement.

And to all that I say...

Come on lads no need for the in fighting.

• Advertisement

Welcome back into the room dumb dumb.

You've run out of valid points to make (well you never really had any to start with to be honest) so you resort to name calling and insults? Such an angry little man you are, it's hilarious. :)

Start talking football and argue your points properly or jog on, you're not going to bait me into a yellow card which seems to be your intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Your right we are not West Brom however we ain't Chelsea Tottenham or City either. The 1 thing the cub does well most of the time is they give there managers time if they think they are worth is and Klopp is worth it. They knew it would take a couple of years and there is no way he will be fired this summer. There is certainly stuff he needs to address and quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

It seems to be all about instant gratification.

90% or more of transfer business is done in the summer. Did any of the top 6 bring in anyone of note in January this year? I don't think so. Jesus was bought last summer by City.

The squad you have on September 1st is pretty much the squad you have until June 1st.

But yet lose a game and waiting until June 1st just simply isn't good enough for people.

We will get to the end of the season, and please God we will have champs league football to attract good players. I'm certain FSG will loosen the purse strings based on that and even if we don't qualify we don't have the extra expense of getting the stand built.

Klopp will certainly strengthen in the summer, but some people want it done now and that players should magically appear in January or in April.

Some people have no patience.

And to all that I say...

Would you like me to go back thru your post history?

I wouldn't be arsed to be honest though cus I'm not that much of a child.

Would you like me to go back thru your post history?

I wouldn't be arsed to be honest though cus I'm not that much of a child.

Literally all of those posts bar one are on the last two or three pages of this thread.

You've run out of valid points to make (well you never really had any to start with to be honest) so you resort to name calling and insults? Such an angry little man you are, it's hilarious. :)

Start talking football and argue your points properly or jog on, you're not going to bait me into a yellow card which seems to be your intention.

Are you actually that un self aware. You have literally just done what you accused me of.

Lighten up fella. You're coming across as petty. I'm here to talk about football.

• Advertisement

Literally all of those posts bar one are on the last two or three pages of this thread.

Ok let me break it down for you cus you seem to be having trouble understanding.

You still went thru my post history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Someone's been on the sherry again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's not like we just lost another final in fairness.

We are talking about throwing away a fourth place finish despite having everything going for us.

I'm not sure it being Klopp's second season has much to do with that. A left back, striker, or even making up with Sakho might have made this alot easier than it is turning out to be.

We might not get another chance like this next season. If that turns out to be the case then we'll be three years into the plan or whatever and no closer.

The balls have to be found to see this out. The manager takes the blame for the shocking state of the squad but nowt can be done about that now so we need to learn how to grind again.

Tbh, I thought we'd learned in the last two games.

Someone's been on the sherry again.

No need to tell us about your drinking habits bud.

#kerrilikeshissherri

I'm here to talk about football.

How about you start exhibiting that then? You've been nothing but hostile since joining the thread, you were booked on your first day ffs.

You say you want to talk football but any time someone responds to you you go back to name calling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement