Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

How about you start exhibiting that then? You've been nothing but hostile since joining the thread, you were booked on your first day ffs.

You say you want to talk football but any time someone responds to you you go back to name calling.

Nope. You are wrong.

I talk about football. Posters are hostile to me in here and I defend myself.

All I said today was questions need to be asked if Klopp doesn't get us top four and I was attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Dominic Cobblers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We've qualified for the Champions League once in the last eight years. This is Klopp's first full season and we're in the Champions League places with four games to play. Klopp is doing fine.

Dominic Cobblers

This is what I'm talking about.

Attacking the poster not the post.

monkey9 wrote: »
    We've qualified for the Champions League once in the last eight years. This is Klopp's first full season and we're in the Champions League places with four games to play. Klopp is doing fine.

This is his second season and no we are not doing fine.

Rodgers in his second season with us at this stage of the season was doing fine.

We are currently in jeopardy of losing out on top four. It is not in our own hands anymore. That is not fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nope. You are wrong.

All I said today was questions need to be asked if Klopp doesn't get us top four and I was attacked.

Okay Dom let's recap, you said this:
    This is his second season. If we do not get Champions League this year for the second straight year then questions about him have to be asked.

Same as it would be for any other Liverpool manager.

Then I said this:
    The phrase is always used, but what are these questions that need asking? Because I haven't a clue.

And then you said this:
    Jesus. Are you really that clueless?

I'm not sure what I said that lead to you feeling the need to "defend yourself" if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea, it's fair to say that Liverpool have probably overachieved this year. The squad isn't good enough imo but this should have been catered for in January.

Maybe they might get CL qualification but crawling over the line isn't exactly going to be a great advertisement for the club and won't mean that Liverpool magically get all the players they need to fix their problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This is his second season and no we are not doing fine.

Rodgers in his second season with us at this stage of the season was doing fine.

We are currently in jeopardy of losing out on top four. It is not in our own hands anymore. That is not fine.

We're in the top four with four games to play. Klopp is doing fine in his first full season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Nope. You are wrong.

That's rubbish. All of your posts are knee high with both feet...you're just so bloody aggressive all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Does it matter we've gone from 1st to fourth in a few months though?

Or that we've thrown away what should be a fairly unassailable position after failing to win two standard home games?

Or that our faith is no longer in our own hands?

I get we'd have been delighted with fourth at the start of the season but at some stage you have to reassess depending on how you are doing. Our form this year has been massively disappointing. I don't want it to overshadow the good work in the first half but fifth will be a failure given how the stars have aligned for us.

• Advertisement

Okay Dom let's recap, you said this:

Then I said this:

And then you said this:

I'm not sure what I said that lead to you feeling the need to "defend yourself" if I'm honest.

You asked a question that you knew the answer to already trying to incite an argument. You were being wilfully stupid to get a reaction out of me. You might not have liked the reaction but that's what you got. A reaction.

We're in the top four with four games to play. Klopp is doing fine in his first full season.

No he is not doing fine in his second season with us with CL qualification now out of our hands with four games to play.

That's rubbish. All of your posts are knee high with both feet...you're just so bloody aggressive all the time.

Wrong again Kerri. And you seem to be obsessed with me. You nearly always comment on my posts.

Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

No he is not doing fine in his second season with us with CL qualification now out of our hands with four games to play.

It is his first full season. Can we at least agree on that? And work from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Wrong again Kerri. And you seem to be obsessed with me. You nearly always comment on my posts.

Weird.

You're just making stuff up now so there's no point trying to talk to you. All the best.

You're just making stuff up now so there's no point trying to talk to you. All the best.

Nope. Wrong again Kerri.

G'luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Yup.

Clear progress.

Look at how we've gotten our results this season - it's been about Klopp and the temwork he's instilled rather than out and out quality.

He's done that to a better degree than any coach in my life - getting more with less.
    This is miles away from the most talented squads of the past 20 years and we're a long way behind most of our rivals in some combination of quality, experience or stability but head to head we've tonked them and we're not that far behind in the table.

If we get the quality and depth to match the system, the character and the quality of the manager we have the best chance we've had since we last won the league, IMO.
    And if we do, we can be confident that it'll be done in some style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Who wants a pint?

415453.jpg

Who wants a pint?

415453.jpg

No thanks. I only drink sherri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I expect Liverpool to finish in the top 4 no excuses.

They are not in the Europa League so there is no distraction.

I hate those who say "Liverpool are overachieving."

Whats wrong with expecting a team that has history in winning European cups to qualify for the Champions league.

Weres Man Citys Champions League trophy?

Didnt we get to the final of the Europa League while knocking out Man Utd and Borussia Dortmund.

The top 4 is not exclusive to the money rich clubs such as Chelsea and Man City, Liverpool have just as much right to be in the Top 4 as the other big clubs as long as they dont drop more points this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who wants a pint?

415453.jpg

Should have had 50.00 on it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Your post is nonsense. The simple fact is any Liverpool managers remit when he joins is trophies and CL qualification. If he doesn't provide either then he will be a failure. Quit your plan crap. You mentioned Rafa, he won us the CL in his first couple of years managing us which gave him freedom to implement a plan. Even Rodgers who was vilified by many in here got us into the CL. Klopp losing finals and missing out on top four does not give him the years to put his own plan in to action.

Take off your Klopp fanboy jacket and open your eyes.

we have no god given right to cl, big difference in the landscape in rafa's time and now. Bar spurs the club's above us have absolutely huge resources. sacking the manager would be wrong as it is clear as day fsg are not backing him, you only have to look at that bench today.

don't throw the toys out of the pram just yet we may still fall over the line.

Watching the Clasico and I've noticed 4 of the 5 goals came directly from crosses/passes in from the wing. A crazy thought, looking up and picking out a player with a cross, rather than just "lashing it into the area."

rob316 wrote: »
    we have no god given right to cl, big difference in the landscape in rafa's time and now. Bar spurs the club's above us have absolutely huge resources. sacking the manager would be wrong as it is clear as day fsg are not backing him, you only have to look at that bench today.

don't throw the toys out of the pram just yet we may still fall over the line.

No toys being thrown.......yet.

Id be as happy as anyone if Klopp brings us success.

Who wants a pint?

415453.jpg

Where are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Whats the verdict on Klavan so far?

chupacabra wrote: »
    Whats the verdict on Klavan so far?

He's not very good, loses track of players all the time, but has had a couple good games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

We badly need at least 1 if not 2 CB's in the summer neither Klavan or Lovren are good enough at this level

noodler wrote: »
    Where are you?

Derry

Derry

I'll take my pint to go please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Derry

All 3 o clock games as well. Did you just check after the games or were you keeping track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Feck it a bunch of +2.5 games and nearly a grand, that's the sort of win that might get me spending all my money on useless bets again!

Homeless-And-Cold-Photo-By-Ed-Yourdon-440x332.jpg

Benteke could have had 4 today if he could finish

The last bet I won was a fiver on Skrtel to score vs City in 2014.

niallo27 wrote: »
    All 3 o clock games as well. Did you just check after the games or were you keeping track.

Was a throw away bet did not check until today as i thought it would never happen

Derry

Be up to you in five.

Last bet I won was on Acushladear 1k at 4-1 Dundalk .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Benteke could have had 4 today if he could finish

Or none if we could defend a set play better and ....and....
    Same problems, different day and I'm not sure what I'd 'ave done any different today even with the hindsight glasses on.
    Stumped. If it's the same squad for the trip to the land of the giants I think I'd play Origi and Firmino as WBs...
    On a more serious note leaving one of Firmino and Coutinho as an impact sub is something I'd consider and let's start kicking teams again. Hendo's continuity play perhaps something we overlook.

Coutinho and Firmino need to play closer together, having them on opposite wings neutralises their great link up play.

ElTel wrote: »
    Or none if we could defend a set play better and ....and....
    Same problems, different day and I'm not sure what I'd 'ave done any different today even with the hindsight glasses on.
    Stumped. If it's the same squad for the trip to the land of the giants I think I'd play Origi and Firmino as WBs...
    On a more serious note leaving one of Firmino and Coutinho as an impact sub is something I'd consider and let's start kicking teams again. Hendo's continuity play perhaps something we overlook.

We had Vicky Mo and did not know what to do with him, Chelsea play him as wing back and he will collect his league medal.
    Firmino in reality should be a wing back and we should have a 30 goal a season striker through the middle.
    Today things fell for Benteke through no skill of his own. We were unlucky at key moments.

• Advertisement

Coutinho and Firmino need to play closer together, having them on opposite wings neutralises their great link up play.

So if we lose Cunty to Barca it will be a double blow, very costly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

The only questions you need to ask about Klopp are

Has he improved our starting XI?
    YES

Have we improved in big games?
    YES

Have we improved our standing in the league table?
    YES

Has he developed players that some fans had given up on?
    YES

Some of the posts I've read in this thread this evening have made me realise why other fans hate us. Thankfully it looks like a vocal minority are getting shouted down by a few cooler heads.

This club has no God-given right to a Top 4 spot. It has to be earned. To do that, a squad has to be built and players have to be developed.

Klopp has been manager for just over 18 months, and you'd have to be crazy to say that we haven't improved in that period. By comparison, Pochettino has been at Spurs for twice that length and look how far he's taken them.

I'm just as disappointed by our results against the bottom half of the table as everyone else - but can we let Klopp work, please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

niallo27 wrote: »
    Seeing tipp hammered was the only tiny thing I can take from the weekend.

Shut up ya bollix! Horrible weekend sports wise, thank god for drink and women.

We had Vicky Mo and did not know what to do with him, Chelsea play him as wing back and he will collect his league medal.
    Firmino in reality should be a wing back and we should have a 30 goal a season striker through the middle.
    Today things fell for Benteke through no skill of his own. We were unlucky at key moments.

Bah.
    Finishing nous/decision making ...If only Daniel could be fit when required.
    Who's his fit clone 'arry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We badly need at least 1 if not 2 CB's in the summer neither Klavan or Lovren are good enough at this level

And a lb and rb, clyne is just really really ****,milner is fine but hes not a rb tbf,but i would nearly guarantee lovren and clyne will still be playing nxt season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »
    And a lb and rb, clyne is just really really ****,milner is fine but hes not a rb tbf,but i would nearly guarantee lovren and clyne will still be playing nxt season

Il have a heart attack if lovren is not replaced. Clyne is a great defender but needs to improve his offensive play. think he will keep his place.

Badly need a lb and cb signed in the summer

ricero wrote: »
    Il have a heart attack if lovren is not replaced. Clyne is a great defender but needs to improve his offensive play. think he will keep his place.

Badly need a lb and cb signed in the summer

Clyne can defend ill give him that,but god help us all once he goes past the half way line,my 6yr old would do better

How long has coutinho had that stupid tatoo on his neck for,i only noticed it today

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Clyne can defend ill give him that,but god help us all once he goes past the half way line,my 6yr old would do better

He's solid but playing like he's shell-shocked.
    Do the swap Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Paul Machin of the RMTV made a good point in his recent video re Lovren which is interesting. When he grafts, focuses and does the basics right as the "secondary" centre back he looks a solid defender. Its this arrogance and cocky ego that seems to let him down when he imagines himself to be some type of Geoff Hurst style footballer. Trying to be the one in the defensive line who breaks the play first with the crowd pleasing tackles/interceptions but with that risk, exposing his defence when he miss-times it, i.e. twice today. No harm being the understudy defender who just gets the job done.

No doubt we do need an upgrade in the position but I wouldn't discard Lovren just yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement