Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile catering insurance

Options
  • 25-02-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I just wondered could anyone advise me how to get insurance for a new mobile fish & chip van? I can sort public liability & product liability separately, but no one will quote me to drive the van on the road.... Ive considered changing to a catering trailer as I have a licence to pull a trailer, but Axa (who cover my jeep) won't allow me to pull it if it contains catering equipment...any advice would be welcome, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Does your PL insurer do motor?

If not you will probably have difficulty.

Best suggestion I can offer is to approach some of the large corporate brokers like JLT, Willis, Aon or Arachas. They may be able to find a home for you.

Otherwise you are probably going to have to go down the declined cases route which will mean a monster of a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Trawlerboyz

Thanks for the help, I was hoping to avoid the declined cases option if possible, so will def explore your other suggestions, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Hi, I just wondered could anyone advise me how to get insurance for a new mobile fish & chip van? I can sort public liability & product liability separately, but no one will quote me to drive the van on the road.... Ive considered changing to a catering trailer as I have a licence to pull a trailer, but Axa (who cover my jeep) won't allow me to pull it if it contains catering equipment...any advice would be welcome, thanks

Have any insurers given you a reason for not providing cover? How many years NCB do you have and what age are you? I might know someone who can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stebag

@Trawlerboyz did you have any success getting your road insurance for the catering van? Am in the same position myself and struggling to get a quote. any help much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Trawlerboyz

Apologies for the delay, FBD provided insurance for the catering van in the end!

• Advertisement
Advertisement