Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile texting in the middle of the night

Options
  • 25-02-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

I got my account changed with TM recently. They probably run overnight jobs for account changes. They sent an automatic text at 4:47am to tell me my account had changed, woke me up, Id been working late, got in at 1, couldnt get back to sleep, day wrecked grrr.

I got on to them on here and their customer service, both said nothing can be done, both about the text on the day in question or any future change and they were fairly unrepentant about it "yeah that just happens"

Im sure Ive read somewhere theres something about a business not contacting you outside sociable hours? Anyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Dunno to be honest but just want to say it's not just TM who do this. Meteor do too. The Amazon app also pushes notifications through at ridiculous hours. Now, I turn my mobile off going to bed as didn't think it was something I could complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

SteoL wrote: »
    Dunno to be honest but just want to say it's not just TM who do this. Meteor do too. The Amazon app also pushes notifications through at ridiculous hours. Now, I turn my mobile off going to bed as didn't think it was something I could complain about

i have calls and txts on sound and buzz. Every other app has notifications only like the little number of updates it has. Amazon ebay viber facebook whatsapp adverts email and on and on

For me a txt is direct contact. Its not like they dont have email for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

You can turn off push notifications.

You can tell companies to not contact you or only contact by email which can also have push notifications turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

You can turn off push notifications.

You can tell companies to not contact you or only contact by email which can also have push notifications turned off.

Ah it's not that big a deal. Turning the phone off does the trick for me. Amazon push notifications are a handy feature when I'm waiting for a delivery from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Ah it's not that big a deal. Turning the phone off does the trick for me. Amazon push notifications are a handy feature when I'm waiting for a delivery from them.

I asked them to change notifications to mail but they said theyed no control over that "its the system". I need to keep txt notifications on for work reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Put the phone on silent mode or priority only from midnight to 6am or whatever time.

Advertisement