Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big boot w/scrapage & low mileage possible?

• 25-02-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭

I only do 8500 miles a year.
    Don't do any long trips so worried about getting a diesel car.
    I have my wife's 02 Corrolla to scrap against new.
    Was looking at SKODA Octavia Combi 1.2 TSI Active for €19,995 but I am told a new one is coming a the end of the month.
    Could stretch for a SUV type.
    A big boot is important. I have 11 Corrolla at the moment and its a dreadful boot.
    So I don't know what to go for estate type or suv but with the low mileage I am trying to get a square peg into a round hole.
    Function and reliability over style hence the Toyota household.
    2 kids under 6 so lots of stuff need transporting.
    Any ideas?

Personally I feel the i30 would be fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If what you mean by SUV is the likes of a Qashqai or Tucson, etc then their boots are not going to be huge either. These crossover type SUVs are basically tall medium sized hatchbacks beefed up to look like SUVs. Their boots would be average in size but be a bit more usable than your standard hatchback.

Seat are doing the Leon ST estate in petrol too, mechanically it is the same as the Octavia. They are offering 4k scrappage as well as 0% PCP.

http://www.seat.ie/

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Leon/ST-available/4384948558179469538/

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I would highly recommend a Volvo V70. The boot is huge and it's so comfortable to drive. Even with the rear passenger seats in use, you still have a massive boot.

The OP is looking for a new car to avail of a scrappage scheme though. The V70 was discontinued last year and it's replacement the V90 costs probably more than double the price of cars the OP is looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

The Seat is defo an option. 25k would be max I would say and scrappage would be what I am after. So if its 0% PCP would you think there be much room to haggle for cash purchase with scrappage. When I got my Toyota in 2011 there was like 50 euro between the 3 places I went.

Great info regarding the SUVs being basically hatchback with higher body. I was on to one garage today and pcp is max up to 30% deposit. I'd probably have 10k and car to scrap to go against it. Was thinking of getting a CU loan for rest and paying it back quicker instead as I would be good to pay it back and don't really need PCP.

There is a facelifted Seat Leon due soon but you would have to look very close to notice the difference between it and the current model. The scrappage offer is from the distributer/manufacturer so the dealer will still have his margin so definitely shop around for the best deal between dealers as it can be worth having to travel a bit for the right deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement