Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy an actual phone anymore?

Options
  • 25-02-2017 6:17pm
    Site Banned Posts: 391 ✭✭

I'd like to get something simple, perhaps with a tad bit of style to it... like say one of the flip-ups in the late 00s. Of course you can get them online, but that ultimately means it'll be coming from China, even if it says elsewhere it the advert. Buying them online means there's all these issues to do with the frequency it works off, so that even if it is unlocked, it still won't give you a signal.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5310_xpressmusic-2087.php

When I walk into phone store I do seem to see one very basic model flip-up at the side. But that seems like the sort of thing you'd get for your grandmother, so I don't know if I'd get that either.

I learned that the hard way when I bought the motorola razr on ebay. Before I bought it, in spite of what I was told by many, it was as if I knew in my gut that it wouldn't work. Me own phone's got the equivalent of cancer now, so I'd need to get something new.

I'll try a few second hand stores I guess.

Comments

Advertisement