Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying phone from Carphonewarehouse UK?

Options
  • 25-02-2017 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering, I am looking to buy the Sony Xperia XA here:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/sony/xperia-xa.html#!colour=white&capacity=16GB&dealType=pg

Anyways works out as 180pound but just wondering would it be sim free, it says most phones are sim free on the site...

The phone I saw today in carphonewarehouse for 180euro but on Three it is 230euro which is a rip off, and from the english site I also get free bluetooth speaker and get to pick the colour white...

Would use parcelmotel in order to buy the phone and get it shipped any help much appreciated...

EDIT: Looks like it might be 200pound sim free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hey,

Just wondering, I am looking to buy the Sony Xperia XA here:

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/sony/xperia-xa.html#!colour=white&capacity=16GB&dealType=pg

Anyways works out as 180pound but just wondering would it be sim free, it says most phones are sim free on the site...

The phone I saw today in carphonewarehouse for 180euro but on Three it is 230euro which is a rip off, and from the english site I also get free bluetooth speaker and get to pick the colour white...

Would use parcelmotel in order to buy the phone and get it shipped any help much appreciated...

EDIT: Looks like it might be 200pound sim free

As far as I remember it's not possible to order from them. Can't remember was it that you couldn't pick parcel motel as a delivery address or they cancel orders made on Irish cards, someone here may be able to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

FrostyJim wrote: »
    As far as I remember it's not possible to order from them. Can't remember was it that you couldn't pick parcel motel as a delivery address or they cancel orders made on Irish cards, someone here may be able to confirm.

Ah that blows, don't live far from the border though so may be fit to travel to pick it up instead... But not sure if the store will have the free speaker too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

DPD Parcel Wizard and Revolut.
    Bingo, bango.

Advertisement