Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting tooth pulled during Invisalign treatment

Options
  • 25-02-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I was just about to start my invisalign treatment when I found out I needed a root canal done to one of my front teeth. Turns out the root canal failed and I have to get the tooth extracted. :(

The orthodontist is going to place a fake tooth in the aligner during my treatment so at least I have something to fill the gap. My main concern now is the fact I have to remove the aligner (and tooth) each time I eat. This means I will have the gap in my front teeth visible during that time....which is a huge concern for social situations!!

Can anyone advise if there is any solution to this? Maybe some type of temporary tooth I can fit in while eating?

Any advice welcome :)
    Thanks.

Advertisement