Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laguna 1.5 dci for short trips

• 25-02-2017 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I know a Petrol is better suited but saw a good value laguna 2008 110k miles for 2700.

I drive about 15 mins to work and 15 back city driving.

Are the short trips really that bad for diesel engines?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes they can be mid to long term. However a Laguna from back then may not have had a DPF fitted which can get blocked if it doesn't finish it's regeneration due to short trips. I'd check to see if it has a DPF or not. If it does then it's potential trouble. Economy wise you won't see any diesel benefits from doing short trips as diesel engines take longer to warm up than petrol engines so with short journeys they will never warm up to run at optimal efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yes they can be mid to long term. However a Laguna from back then may not have had a DPF fitted which can get blocked if it doesn't finish it's regeneration due to short trips. I'd check to see if it has a DPF or not. If it does then it's potential trouble. Economy wise you won't see any diesel benefits from doing short trips as diesel engines take longer to warm up than petrol engines so with short journeys they will never warm up to run at optimal efficiency.

How do I check if it has a dpf? https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-laguna-3-1-5dci-priv/14758226

This is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get the car's VIN and maybe ask a Renault dealer if they can tell you from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

270 tax for the year, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

KC161 wrote: »
    270 tax for the year, nice!

One of the positives 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement