Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee Shops that use the Aeropress

• 25-02-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Does anybody know of any cafes in Dublin that would make coffee with the Aeropress? Interested in tasting coffee made with it before purchasing one. Asked in 3FE today but they wouldn't do it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Fallon & Byrne used to do it, not sure if they still do but worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

Thanks, might ring them tomorrow and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Vice Coffee on Middle Abbey Street serve Aeropress made coffee.

Brilliant thanks for letting me know!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭brennarr

Coffee angel on South Anne Street do it also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

brennarr wrote: »
    Coffee angel on South Anne Street do it also

I think they just do v60 now.
    V60 is so much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

Many of the cafes that were using AP have since bought SP9's so are no longer brewing manually. The only place still brewing with the AP is vice as far as I know...

BTW this is an SP9... http://marcobeveragesystems.com/product/sp9-single/

I think they just do v60 now. V60 is so much nicer

I was looking at the V60, does it require a special kettle? I currently have a nespresso machine at home and am looking at a second method at brewing coffee that would let me have a longer drink and try different beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I was looking at the V60, does it require a special kettle? I currently have a nespresso machine at home and am looking at a second method at brewing coffee that would let me have a longer drink and try different beans.

Not required at all, it just gives you a bit of finesse.
    I had one of said kettles and I normally don't bother with it for v60, I just use it when i'm brewing a large Chemex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Would I get a better cup with a kettle? Yes
    Do I get a decent cup without said fancy kettle? Definitely.

It produces a different cup I find to an aeropress, one that I enjoy more. What I find essential is a scales. This is perfect for the job
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000ZNM51O/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488314469&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=salter+kitchen+scales

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the replies in the thread. Guess I will have to start sampling different methods to see what I prefer.

Advertisement