Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus Aventura 2017 vs Sinus Staiger TRIA 9?

Options
  • 25-02-2017 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Narrowed down my ebike search to the following two bikes:

Focus Aventura 2017
    https://www.bike24.com/p2190951.html

And
    Sinus Staiger TRIA 9
    http://www.greenaer.ie/product/staiger-sinus-tria-9/

The Focus Aventura is available locally, €250 cheaper.
    Staiger Sinus only available in Dublin (I'm in Kerry!)

I would hugely appreciate opinions on which bike would be the better investment? I have a short enough (but very hilly) commute but hope / intend to carry a toddler too on Bobike rear seat.

You guys have the experience and knowledge - advice and direction appreciated in terms of quality etc. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Ahhh.. very quiet here. Any opinions?...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Folks round these parts don't hold with e-bikes much. Modern, Godless contraptions.

Joking aside, there may be limited expertise among the regulars in here on the subject of electrically assisted bikes. If you had asked whether a Jagwire or a Shimano cable was better, you'd have stirred no end of debate. Hopefully somebody with a valid opinion will turn up. Either that, or somebody will pitch in to tell you you need a road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Zen0 wrote: »
    Folks round these parts don't hold with e-bikes much. Modern, Godless contraptions.

Joking aside, there may be limited expertise among the regulars in here on the subject of electrically assisted bikes. If you had asked whether a Jagwire or a Shimano cable was better, you'd have stirred no end of debate. Hopefully somebody with a valid opinion will turn up. Either that, or somebody will pitch in to tell you you need a road bike.

Haha - no doubt! Thanks anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

Wow, I'm stunned by the lack of discussion on the topic. I'm in the same market myself, looking at the Focus. Did you purchase in the end? There's no showers in my workplace and I'm thinking of going ebike for my commute for this reason. Ebikes could be a universal solution to fitness and commuting problems in this country, so I'm disappointed by the lack of chat. I'd love a vanmoof electrified s, but can't find bike to work supplier of same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

jenningso wrote: »
    Wow, I'm stunned by the lack of discussion on the topic. I'm in the same market myself, looking at the Focus. Did you purchase in the end? There's no showers in my workplace and I'm thinking of going ebike for my commute for this reason. Ebikes could be a universal solution to fitness and commuting problems in this country, so I'm disappointed by the lack of chat. I'd love a vanmoof electrified s, but can't find bike to work supplier of same.

They're still very niche, so it's not that stunning.

Have to laugh at the "universal solution" . Standard pedal cycles are ready that. eBikes certainly have their place and will probably and hopefully get more popular over time, but it shouldn't be the go to solution when the alternative is still cleaner and relatively easy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

When I say universal solution, this is in relation to what people currently use most that is causing the problems with national health, and traffic in our towns and cities, the car! I always find it rich when cyclists come on all superior and say: bikes are already the solution! They're obviously not or the car wouldn't have been invented afterwards! And I'm a cyclist by the way, I just don't Lord it over non-cyclists! Ebikes are a great solution to extended commutes, when time and showers are not plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

jenningso wrote: »

You have to realise that the vast majority here are interested in regular bikes that they pedal/power themselves and so have very limited or nobknowledge on e-bikes, hence the lack of discussion.

I would class e-bikes similarly to motorbikes. I have no interest in them and regard them as a sort of lazy option or only one considered by older people whose fitness may not be up to scratch.

Advertisement