Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curly to Straight Hair

Options
  • 25-02-2017 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I have naturally curly, frizzy, unruly hair, and I saw an ad a while back for a product to use after a wash, then straighten your hair and it keeps it straight for a week, even after washing.

I have no idea what this is called :rolleyes: anyone have any idea??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Hi,

It may have been this one.

http://www.tresemme.com.au/product/detail/782998/7-day-keratin-smooth-heat-activated-treatment

Haven't heard how effective it is but if you want more longer lasting results you should try the keratin treatment kit on Amazon. It smooths frizz for about 8 weeks if you follow the aftercare advice and you use sulphate free shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Hi lubie,

Is the keratin treatment suitable for highlighted hair?

Thanks!

Yes it works better on highlighted or damaged hair than on virgin hair. The one I used most recenly is the cocochoco or something like that. Just to let you know though this won't give you poker straight hair, it will just really reduce frizz and give you a much sleeker looking wave/curls and cut your styling time in half. It is excellent though I have been using them for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 streem26

Hi !

I used to do all sorts of Japanese straightening and keratin treatments. My hair is thick, wavy and frizzy with breakage. I stopped using salon treatments and began 'co-washing' (conditioner only) every other day or so and using sulfate free shampoo only about once a week. Shampooing is very drying. I also added this i[font=Helvetica Neue Light, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]nto my hair regimen, it's an at-home keratin treatment I purchase from Amazon (~$5/use) and apply every three weeks or so. Since I started using this and not shampooing frequently, I find my hair is much shinier and manageable with no frizz at all. [/font]My friends cannot believe I even had frizz!! I also just purchased Moroccan Oil intense Hydrating treatment to try. Haven't used it yet, but I'll report my results back. It has great reviews both online and from my friends. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AshleySawyer

I use Tresemme Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner which is indeed great for my hair. My husband even uses it. You could try that and it works fine even with highlighted hairs.

streem26 wrote: »
    Hi !

I used to do all sorts of Japanese straightening and keratin treatments. My hair is thick, wavy and frizzy with breakage. I stopped using salon treatments and began 'co-washing' (conditioner only) every other day or so and using sulfate free shampoo only about once a week. Shampooing is very drying. I also added this i[font=Helvetica Neue Light, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]nto my hair regimen, it's an at-home keratin treatment I purchase from Amazon (~$5/use) and apply every three weeks or so. Since I started using this and not shampooing frequently, I find my hair is much shinier and manageable with no frizz at all. [/font]My friends cannot believe I even had frizz!! I also just purchased Moroccan Oil intense Hydrating treatment to try. Haven't used it yet, but I'll report my results back. It has great reviews both online and from my friends. Good luck

Just wondering what is the name of the at home keratin treatment from amazon you use every 3 weeks at home? Is it the one that's being recently discontinued on Amazon?

Advertisement