Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs with a story

• 25-02-2017 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭

I suppose all song's tell a story but some are more like a storybook than others. Rocky Raccoon by The Beatles is my favourite. Sorry I cant tell if this YouTube version is actually The Beatles or not but its the best version I can find.

I also like Dusty Springfields, Son of a Preacher Man and another one my mother always listened to was The Dubliners singing The Rising Of The Moon. Also love Bob Dylan's Baby Please Stop Crying.

What are some of your favourite stories written into song?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Sorry I cant tell if this YouTube version is actually The Beatles or not but its the best version I can find.

Not the Beatles, not a bad Macca impression mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Many of Bob Dylan's songs tell stories, such as Hurricane. You should also check out The Queen and the Soldier by Suzanne Vega. There's Stan by Eminem - such a powerful song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Many of Bob Dylan's songs tell stories, such as Hurricane. You should also check out The Queen and the Soldier by Suzanne Vega. There's Stan by Eminem - such a powerful song.

Apparently Bob Dylan refuses to play The Hurricane live since the mid seventies. Im not sure if this is the reason and i dont know all the facts but i read that there is actually quite some doubt of Rubin Carter's innocence :/

Advertisement