Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cz 527 or Anschutz 1730

Options
  • 25-02-2017 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Was just about to pull the trigger on a cz 527 .22 hornet when I came across a few of these Anschutz 1730 hornets, there a bit more expensive but being and Anschutz would I be getting much more for my money. Anyone have any experience with either of these rifles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I Have a CZ527 hornet with the trigger set very fine and its a tack driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I bought an anschutz years ago after I had a cz. To be honest the cz could do anything the anschutz could, and was a lot cheaper. The cz was as accurate as anything else and I seen some extremely good sil's shooters using cz.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Fastnet50

Assuming you are using them for foxes or the like both are excellent as its a big target. If you are into precision shooting the Anschutz will always win out. CZ are a very accurate and reasonably priced hunting rifle. Anschutz are a more expensive but far superior rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I've no experience with the centerfires of either brand, but in rimfire, what Gunny is saying is spot on - the CZ will do anything that 64 actioned Anschutz will. I've shot them side by side with the same ammo and achieved very near the same groups out to 100m with the Anschutz faring just a smidge better.

BUT

The level of effort required to produce those groups at 100m from the CZ vs the Anschutz was WAY more. Everything about the Anschutz just makes it an easier rifle to shoot better so that even though both rifles are capable of producing the same results, the Anschutz makes achieving those results easier.

The CZ compared to a 54 actioned Anschutz sporter on the other hand is like comparing a Ford Focus to a Mercedes S-class (again, speaking from experience of both rimfires - can't speak for the CF's).

Advertisement