Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alberto Salazar in Doping Scandal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You know that's not true.

Exactly, hence retrospective tests etc. Look at how many athletes got busted from the Beijing Olympics using frozen samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

pconn062 wrote: »
    Exactly, hence retrospective tests etc. Look at how many athletes got busted from the Beijing Olympics using frozen samples.

Plenty more in london too and I'm sure a few will turn up from Rio.

How many were coached by Salazar?

jamule wrote: »
    Plenty more in london too and I'm sure a few will turn up from Rio.

How many were coached by Salazar?

I agree with you, none yet unfortunately. However, testing testosterone levels on your own sons, testing supplement levels on your assistant coach (Magness), giving testosterone to a 16 year old (Rupp), giving your athletes unnecessary prescription drugs, hollowing out books to sneak drugs to an athlete. These are not the actions of an innocent and rational man. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Since when does testing stuff make someone not an innocent man?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I agree with you, none yet unfortunately. However, testing testosterone levels on your own sons, testing supplement levels on your assistant coach (Magness), giving testosterone to a 16 year old (Rupp), giving your athletes unnecessary prescription drugs, hollowing out books to sneak drugs to an athlete. These are not the actions of an innocent and rational man. Time will tell.

I am all for continuing testing to catch the cheats from previous races. But at the moment mo and report are clean.

All of the above is hear say, nothing proven in the court of law. It could be true but it can't be proven or backed up.

No fan of the coach but so far he done nothing wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

It's the big jump between 2009 and 2011 that stands out for Farah as we all know.

At Worlds in 09, the field goes through the bell in 12:23, and Farah runs a 57s last lap but is blown away and finishes 7th.

Monaco in 2011, the field goes through the bell in 12:00 and Farah runs a 53s last lap to win.

No two ways about it, that's big improvement for someone aged 27.

Never mind the 3.28 1500

Is it evidence of doping? No of course it isnt but it stands out. Then the drip drip of Salazar, Aden etc is taken into consideration.

If he did it clean fair play to him but there are clear grey areas.

Not fussed by petty insults from other posters, tells you plenty about the type of person youre dealing with.

walshb wrote: »
    Since when does testing stuff make someone not an innocent man?

Ha, you're a gas man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Reminds me of one of the old Lance Armsrong threads. Always amusing to look back on.

I am all for continuing testing to catch the cheats from previous races. But at the moment mo and report are clean.

All of the above is hear say, nothing proven in the court of law. It could be true but it can't be proven or backed up.

We can only but hope.

It's the big jump between 2009 and 2011 that stands out for Farah as we all know.

At Worlds in 09, the field goes through the bell in 12:23, and Farah runs a 57s last lap but is blown away and finishes 7th.

Monaco in 2011, the field goes through the bell in 12:00 and Farah runs a 53s last lap to win.

Never mind the 3.28 1500

Is it evidence of doping? No of course it isnt but it stands out. Then the drip drip of Salazar, Aden etc is taken into consideration.

Not fussed by petty insults from other posters, tells you plenty about the type of person youre dealing with.

So he ran 16 seconds faster than his time in 2009 at palace, where he ran it 4 seconds faster 2010.

Now did you compare the conditions, fast times for the track or the splits? Just wondering.

Also he joined Salazar in 2011, so his time improvement under Salazar was 4 secs compare to his previous coach

• Advertisement

Reminds me of one of the old Lance Armsrong threads. Always amusing to look back on.

He is not destroying runners by 100m or something.

When he breaks 12 minutes for 5k and 3 mins for 1500 get back to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Never mind the 3.28 1500

Don't know and don't really care if the man is clean or not, but with all due respect I don't think it's fair to draw conclusions from two races two years apart one way or another.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

When he breaks 12 minutes for 5k and 3 mins for 1500 get back to me...

What about the old sub 2 marathon chestnut. Would that make you suspicious?

Don't know and don't really care if the man is clean or not, but with all due respect I don't think it's fair to draw conclusions from two races two years apart one way or another.

Well it's only 4 seconds really under two different coaches.

What about the old sub 2 marathon chestnut. Would that make you suspicious?

Not at all. Bit of extra effort and money and that barrier tumbles!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Farah will never get a marathon world record never mind a sub 2hr.

Yep, and if he adapts Rupp's cooling hat technique and the sky is the limit!

Working class heroes;102750792What about the old sub 2 marathon chestnut. Would that make you suspicious?

don't forget about the new springy light, cushiony super d'duper never imaginged before shoes that everyone needs, most important

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

like Nelson Muntz said "it's a victumless crime like punching someone in the dark". Its not that he has done nothing wrong he just hasn't been caught (fully) yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Place has been a morgue for months, but as soon as a doping thread pops up it's hot topic here. You'd wonder how many people actually care about athletics, given all the ghost threads.

There's nothing new here. We all know Salazar is dodgey. We all know Mo is dodgey. They're probably doing everything they can through any possible loophole they can to gain an advantage. They could well be doing more too. Any athletics fan with half a brain cell knows that Mo's transformation from also ran to world beater is enormously suspicious. But you need proper evidence to bring people down hence why the "fastest woman alive" is going to get through her career away with murder! I don't see anything coming from these "new" revelations.

Everyone knows he's dodgy? More baseless and ignorant accusations being flung about. The word dodgy, in this context, what does it even mean? Mo is either competing fairly or not..

Btw, his transformation is nothing approaching extraordinary. He was always an elite athlete through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Place has been a morgue for months, but as soon as a doping thread pops up it's hot topic here. You'd wonder how many people actually care about athletics, given all the ghost threads.

check the poster count for the thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Chivito550 wrote: »

There's nothing new here. We all know Salazar is dodgey. We all know Mo is dodgey. They're probably doing everything they can through any possible loophole they can to gain an advantage. They could well be doing more too. Any athletics fan with half a brain cell knows that Mo's transformation from also ran to world beater is enormously suspicious. But you need proper evidence to bring people down hence why the "fastest woman alive" is going to get through her career away with murder! I don't see anything coming from these "new" revelations.

I think the really obvious thing here is that NOP is not using banned substances but often when people dislike or hate a person or thing, everything that person does becomes unlikeable and that's where I see NOP at now.

Salazar's use of these supplements tells me on thing, if he has athletes on all these supplements and legal prescription drugs that 90% of don't even require a TUE for leads me to believe that he is not using banned PEDs. Why would someone use all of those supplements if they were already getting much stronger effects from the likes of EPO, igf or gw1516?

Rupp has had 2-3 TUE's in his career, Mo has 2 and we know this because the same hacktivist group that leaked this USADA report also leaked the WADA TUE's of athletes last year. I don't like Salazar and I don't like what he doing here with prescription meds and such but in a bigger picture, we could possibly have some dominant athletes who are not using banned substances, think about that for a minute and look back in the history books to see when you could last say that? Salazar is deep in the grey but I'm more inclined everytime that something breaks about NOP with evidence to believe they're not doing more than the grey. I know the hate will blind people from the point I'm making but maybe the evidence against them is actually evidence against them using banned substances?

Some people will call that post an amazing act of mental gymnastics but maybe it is something to actually think about and consider as well.

Salazar never gave Rupp testosterone as a 16 year old, he gave him prednisone. Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, prednisone is a corticosteroid and catobolic. There's a huge difference.

Not that it's right if it was done for the wrong reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

El Caballo wrote: »
    Salazar never gave Rupp testosterone as a 16 year old, he gave him prednisone. Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, prednisone is a corticosteroid and catobolic. There's a huge difference.

Not that it's right if it was done for the wrong reasons

The document stated that "presently on prednisone and testosterone medication."
    http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/what-does-testosterone-medication-mean

Of course nobody here knows what the "testosterone medication" was but it was used in conjunction with prednisone.

The document stated that "presently on prednisone and testosterone medication."
    http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/what-does-testosterone-medication-mean

Of course nobody here knows what the "testosterone medication" was but it was used in conjunction with prednisone.

My bad, apologies!

Any athlete or organisation charged with producing world class talent and medals not exploring every legal area available to them is not trying hard enough. To label some people as dodgy because they cleanly and fairly and legally strive to be the best they can is just pathetic. That includes any medicines, drugs, supplements and any other thing that can possibly produce better results. Not just foods and liquids. Training facilities and machines and technology etc etc...some of the baseless sh1t being posted here about Mo is purely down to some kind of dislike for the man. Very odd, seeing as fook all here even know him.

Any athlete or organisation charged with producing world class talent and medals not exploring every legal area available to them is not trying hard enough. To label some people as dodgy because they cleanly and fairly and legally strive to be the best they can is just pathetic. That includes any medicines, drugs, supplements and any other thing that can possibly produce better results. Not just foods and liquids. Training facilities and machines and technology etc etc...some of the baseless sh1t being posted here about Mo is purely down to some kind of dislike for the man. Very odd, seeing as fook all here even know him.
    Washy on the money (as usual). Salazar has always come across as a prick and Mo has is moments. But its Salazar's job to explore every legal way to improve his athletes performance and that is what he does and does well.

• Advertisement

Hence my point. Maybe disassociate yourself from Salazar.

Anyway, no matter what there will always be idiots labelling clean athletes as cheats.

I read the links and articles. More horsesh1t.. if there is actual cheating then go and expose it....this incessant BS and innuendo and speculation and he said she said. Wake up, fellas. It's garbage.

These are the same remarks you made after Armstrong was caught. The only evidence you have he is clean is he said so

Advertisement