Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rife set up for foxes

Options
  • 25-02-2017 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I'm looking for a bit of guidance. I'm thinking of upgrading from a .22 mag to a .223 for lamping foxes.I was planning on getting a tikka t3x lite stainless, with a 8x56 Schmidt & bender scope and use a wildcat evolution moderator on it. Do ye think this is a good set up for laming. If you have any recommendations please let me know. All advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alan155

Perfect set up there Danny very simular to my own just add a bipod and a nightmaster 800 and your off and running I also use an xseacher for scanning so no more big bulky lamps or wires

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup.

Cannot go far wrong with that set up. You can upgrade as you see fit or as you need over time, but that would a good rig.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thomasc4329

Perfect you won't go far wrong with that set up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Perfect tools for the job. The only thing I might consider is if there is a lighter moderator than the wildcat available, hausken etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannny

Thanks for the positive feedback lads. Im just after buying the scope and hoping to buy the rife early next week. I'll look into getting a lighter moderator. Looking forward to getting a few foxes with the new kit. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

dannny wrote: »
    Thanks for the positive feedback lads. Im just after buying the scope and hoping to buy the rife early next week. I'll look into getting a lighter moderator.  Looking forward to getting a few foxes with the new kit. Thanks again.
    I'm interested in getting a S&B scope for the same purpose as you. The hungarian is realistically where my budget is at. Which one did you get & what reticle?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Beretta man

Ive got a t3 with a 8x56 s&b scope and find it excellent
    Have atec mod and have no issues
    Have xsearcher and nightmaster light

Advertisement