Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundations with no SPF/flashback

Options
  • 26-02-2017 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Any recommendations for best foundations that give little to no flashback? Preferably cruelty free if possible!

I've tried Smashbox but wasn't a fan of the foundation, love the primer though.

I've heard Make Up Forever HD, has anyone tried the LA girl dupe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The only cruelty free brand im aware of is too faced, I tried their born this way foundation in snow, it gave no flashback and it initially applied very nicely but soon broke apart and looks a bit of a mess after an hour or two regardless of primers, powders ect. I tried everything to make it work. Some people love it though, ive heard it been called a holy grail so maybe it'd be worth getting a sample to try it out.

I love Giorgio Armani Luminous silk, its my favorite foundation and has no SPF, again some people hate it so maybe get a sample to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭urbanshirl

Urban Decay All Nighter has no spf and doesn't flashback, their naked skin foundation has no spf, but there is a low level flashback with it, maybe because it contains titanium dioxide. UD is also cruelty free afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely see if I can get a sample of some - Is there anywhere that stocks Too Faced and gives samples? Think I've only seen it online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

All cosmetics sold in the EU are cruelty free. Some that sell in places like China may have to give permission to allow testing there but there is no products sold here that have been tested on animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Aeternum wrote: »
    Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely see if I can get a sample of some - Is there anywhere that stocks Too Faced and gives samples? Think I've only seen it online!

The only place I know of that sells it is Debenhams in Dublin, im sure it's sold other places too but ive just never seen it anywhere else. Next time youre around Dublin maybe ask them for a sample. Or you could just ask them to send you some, they might do it. Theyve got free delivery anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

NYX high definition foundation has no flash back.

You could go to Boots and get a sample or demo

All cosmetics sold in the EU are cruelty free. Some that sell in places like China may have to give permission to allow testing there but there is no products sold here that have been tested on animals.

This isn't strictly true. Peta website will have a full list of cruelty free brands, but brands such as Benefit, YSL, Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford, MAC, none of these are cruelty free. In order for any brand to sell in China, you must allow animal testing, that's why you can't get Urban Decay, Kat Von D and other such brands in China.

urbanshirl wrote: »
    This isn't strictly true. Peta website will have a full list of cruelty free brands, but brands such as Benefit, YSL, Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Dior, Tom Ford, MAC, none of these are cruelty free. In order for any brand to sell in China, you must allow animal testing, that's why you can't get Urban Decay, Kat Von D and other such brands in China.

That's what I said, apart from the bit where absolutely no cosmetics sold in the EU have been tested on animals as it's illegal.
    The brand itself may be forced to allow testing in other countries but in the EU they are ALL cruelty free.

Edit-Urban decay is sold in China and is owned by L'Oreal.
    Very few make up brands arent owned by a larger company who do sell in China.
    Kat Von D as a company don't test on animals but their parent company owns sephora who trade in China and make money from make up tested on animals.

I've always gone by the peta website. I didn't know urban decay was available in China, I thought they backed out of that deal a few years back

urbanshirl wrote: »
    I've always gone by the peta website. I didn't know urban decay was available in China, I thought they backed out of that deal a few years back

Sorry you're right they did back out. They are owned by L'Oreal though so profits still go to a company that in PETA's list isn't acceptable. Finding a large company that doesn't contribute profits to testing somewhere in the world would be a challenge!!

Animal testing of cosmetics isn't an issue here which is what the op asked though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement