Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Return Flights to Lanzarote/Gran Canaria/Tenerife 59euroRTN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

scudzilla wrote: »
    On the Falcon site is a section for Last minute flights, some are a leaving today, some in 3wks but some great bargains, 59euro rtn, add a 20kg case for an extra 30euro, the below are from Dublin and are all 7 nights

Lanzarote Leaving today (26th)
    Gran Canaria, leaving March 4th, 11th and 18th
    Tenerife Leaving 3rd March

Other dates but a bit more expensive

http://www.falconholidays.ie/flight/deals/search?fromAirports=DUB&toAirports=&month=0&year=0&flexible=false&days=43&startDuration=1&endDuration=99&searchType=ins&oneWay=false

Good time of the year for it as well, leave the storms behind and soak the sun, as long as you have an understanding boss and no kids in school (or somebody to mind them if you do) thenit's a no brainer

Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

1 box of Tobacco would pay for the flights, 30euro for 5x50g over there, same here would be around the 125 mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Website is down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

pilly wrote: »
    Website is down!

working fine my end

scudzilla wrote:
    working fine my end

Got into there but it's not finding anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Where is a good place to stay in these locations as a single late 20's early 30's person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

scudzilla wrote: »
    1 box of Tobacco would pay for the flights, 30euro for 5x50g over there, same here would be around the 125 mark

Bruce will getcha! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

cronos wrote: »
    Where is a good place to stay in these locations as a single late 20's early 30's person?

Depends on what u want to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

TheDriver wrote: »
    Depends on what u want to be honest

"I'm going on my holidays Saturday"

"How long you going for?"

"Ahhh just the usual 12 weeks" :D

Screenshot.png

Flights are still there and available alright but I haven't been able to find any cheap accommodation so will have to have a think. Great deal for someone with a place in Lanzo though.

• Advertisement

accommodation is gone hard to find in canaries I find, all the Russian, Nordic countries etc are going there now

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I got flights for this weekend, Airbnb have a number of good value apartments still available

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I showed this to the missus, never saw her move so fast in getting the laptop turned on. She's still trying to arrange cover with work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

beertons wrote: »
    I showed this to the missus, never saw her move so fast in getting the laptop turned on. She's still trying to arrange cover with work.

Good to know.

I've been let down by a friend. have flights booked this weekend anxious about going on my own

Jrop wrote: »
    I've been let down by a friend. have flights booked this weekend anxious about going on my own

It's natural to feel anxious but if it's any help I've travelled many times on my own and found it quite relaxing and liberating because you can do what you want when you want.

Where did you book the accommodation?

I haven't booked it yet

I haven't booked it yet

Jesus, I think you're going to pay a high price then unless you stay in a hostel. Is it Lanzarote you booked to go to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What you need is a travel buddie.....hint hint:)

• Advertisement

the prices are not too bad surprisingly. I'm trying to tempt my oh or my friend to come with me

Well, herself got the dates confused. And it was coming in at 270. Not including a cot. So I went on Expedia and found a 4 star hotel, with spa and gym for 4 nights, breakfast buffet for 287 each.

Sounded like more a bargain.

beertons are you going to Costa Teguise ? if so Casa Felix is fab

Woo hoo ! my bestie is coming with me !!! got a 2 bed apartment for €242 for the 3 days.
    Flights and 3 night accomodation for €240 each

be cautious about where you book, I find people think they are "near" the sea but spend lots of time in taxis and buses

The Driver, thanks I've been to Lanzarote before. This is my 4th trip.

I actually didn't consider going for just 3 days, must look at that. It's a long aul flight for a short trip though, that's the only thing would put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Fecking hell, people pay a lot for accommodation. I went to tenerife for 9 days last month, hired a car for €150 and paid an average of €40 a night airbnb touring around the island!

Granted I was doing more hiking on the north side of the island and was avoiding the tourist shíteholes in the south.

beertons are you going to Costa Teguise ? if so Casa Felix is fab

Hotel Beautix or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

beertons wrote: »
    Hotel Beautix or something like that.

Beatriz Costa? Going there myself in August , will you let us know what its like?

catbear wrote:
    Fecking hell, people pay a lot for accommodation. I went to tenerife for 9 days last month, hired a car for €150 and paid an average of €40 a night airbnb touring around the island!

catbear wrote:
    Granted I was doing more hiking on the north side of the island and was avoiding the tourist shíteholes in the south.

Depends what you want from a holiday though doesn't it?

pilly wrote: »
    Depends what you want from a holiday though doesn't it?

I wouldn't call the South a tourist s***hole as you put it catbear but rather different strokes for different folks. I'm on holidays then I want a tourist spot. HAving said that, I'd keep away from the veronicas unless you have an insane love of a base drum constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

be cautious about where you book, I find people think they are "near" the sea but spend lots of time in taxis and buses

Best thing to do is rent a car. The main company on the island is Cicar and they are great. Very cheap rates, new cars, full insurance with no excess, and you dont even need a credit / debit card.

Can usually pick up a car for sub 100 euro a week.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Best thing to do is rent a car. The main company on the island is Cicar and they are great. Very cheap rates, new cars, full insurance with no excess, and you dont even need a credit / debit card.

Can usually pick up a car for sub 100 euro a week.

See I don't even like driving on holidays, too much like real life. :D

Costa Teguise is a self contained resort. I was only in it for a bite to eat but it looks lovely. I think a lot of the hotels are all inclusive. But there's a square with street leading off it with bars and restaurants.

Seconded re Cicar. I book online via payless.es and get good deals. Himself and I are off to Gran Canaria at the end of April, got a car for the week for €80.

• Advertisement

I use autoreisen, they seem cheaper than cicar during the summers

I wouldn't call the South a tourist s***hole as you put it catbear but rather different strokes for different folks. I'm on holidays then I want a tourist spot. HAving said that, I'd keep away from the veronicas unless you have an insane love of a base drum constantly
    The whole island is a tourist spot, mount teide is the most visited national park in Europe! Plus you're unlikely to encounter the crap cram them in sleeze ghettos outside the south of the Island.

I second Autoreisen for value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

Costa Teguise is a self contained resort. I was only in it for a bite to eat but it looks lovely. I think a lot of the hotels are all inclusive. But there's a square with street leading off it with bars and restaurants.

Seconded re Cicar. I book online via payless.es and get good deals. Himself and I are off to Gran Canaria at the end of April, got a car for the week for €80.

spending christmas there

Flutered in Lanzarote or Gran Canaria ?

Flutered in Lanzarote or Gran Canaria ?
    lanzorotte, costa teguise, flights paid and apartment booked, will not need to pay for the apt until we turn up

• Advertisement

dont be its a lovely place, sit on a bench there is always ssomeone to talk to, if your are on the pull then your sorted as far as i can see

flutered thanks. I'm a married auld wan so my best friend has stepped in and is coming with me.

flutered thanks. I'm a married auld wan so my best friend has stepped in and is coming with me.
    Lads on the lash!

Right, we want photos!

Catbear LOL! It's me and Cat_rant, two mad girlos let loose. Dunno if we can show the photos ;)

Catbear LOL! It's me and Cat_rant, two mad girlos let loose. Dunno if we can show the photos ;)
    No matter.

We'll all be disappointed if there aren't pictures of hedonistic debauchery!

Have a blast either way!

Thanks Catbear

a few married auld wans here abouts combine the married life with the single life, hey are married for four or five nights, single the others

ahh feck i was advailabe at short notice, are you any way handy at shoving wheelchairs

Flutered funnily enough I'm a dab hand at pushing wheelchairs. Pushed the Mammy through the airport last month

enjoy girl, its a beautiful place, no greif from anyone, cops almost invisible but always around i plain clothes, they want to keep the place crime free

• Advertisement
Advertisement