Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Stansted to Notting Hill

• 26-02-2017 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey all,

So, I'm heading to London for he first time this week for 5 nights.

Flying in to Stansted as staying in Notting Hill. (Pure notions above myself altogether!)

So, I've 2 questions really to put it here for advice on:

What's the best/cheapest/most convenient way of getting from Stansted airport to Notting Hill?

Would the Oystercard or travelcard be better value? Would mainly be going seeing the sights/ shopping in the city and going out to a Colindale a night for visiting friends.

Thanks a mille!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Stansted Express to Liverpool Street then the Underground from Liverpool Street to Holland Park (5 minute walk to Notting Hill after that).

Oyster is cheaper for London services but Stansted Express is an additional cost of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Stansted Express to Liverpool Street then the Underground from Liverpool Street to Holland Park (5 minute walk to Notting Hill after that).

Oyster is cheaper for London services but Stansted Express is an additional cost of course.

Depends where in Notting Hill you're going, you might be better off going to Notting Hill Gate, or Ladbroke Grove on the Hammersmith and City line (also direct from Liverpool Street).

You might save a bit of money getting a National Express coach to Baker Street then getting the tube to Ladbroke Grove, but you probably wouldn't save any time.

PM me if you want any recommendations, I work in Notting Hill.

Advertisement