Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Structural survey recommendations

• 26-02-2017 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hello there.

I am look Iooking to get structural survey done on a house that I'm sale agreed on.

Please pm me some recommendations

Dublin city area.

Kind thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What do you expect from what you call a structural house survey?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Someone qualified to check that the house is structurally sound, not about to crack or fall down, check the roof, check the house in terms of windows insulation plumbing and dampness, to do up a report on same and that I pay them for same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wesser wrote: »
    Someone qualified to check that the house is structurally sound, not about to crack or fall down, check the roof, check the house in terms of windows insulation plumbing and dampness, to do up a report on same and that I pay them for same.

You can only get a visual survey done.
    A structural survey requires opening up works and that can't be done until you buy.

It's the standard pre purchase survey. Expect to pay €400ish in the Dublin area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Ok that's fine with me. Whatever you get done before you buy a house. If anyone has experience with anyone reliable I would be grateful for a recommendation. Thanks.

Advertisement