Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card fees

• 26-02-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

When visiting Australia, I will put cash into my Credit Card.  To withdraw money from my Credit Card there will I be charged fees.  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning hillbloom,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

When using your Credit Card outside of the Euro zone a cross border handling fee of 2.25% applies to the transaction value on all transactions (purchases and cash withdrawals) even if the account is in credit. When withdrawing cash, an additional cash withdrawal fee of €2.54 or 1.5% (whichever is greater) will apply. However, you can avoid this fee if your credit card is in credit of the full amount being withdrawn when the transaction is processed on the account. Exchange rates are set by MasterCard International and can be reviewed on their website.

Just to mention, when abroad cash withdrawal limits on non-chip and pin ATM's using your Credit Card can be as low as €300 and some banks may also apply their own limits.

We would always advise that prior to your trip, to give travel notification to your bank. You can do this via the Service Desk on 365Online or through Card Care.

If you need travel insurance we also offer this here goo.gl/UUZDPW

Finally, for more tips on using your credit card abroad, we have a very helpful page on our group website here goo.gl/Ytm2aQ

I hope you have a lovely trip and if you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thank you Elaine.  Very helpful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

You're more than welcome hillbloom,

Thanks again for the post, Elaine

Advertisement