Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the 33 go through donabate?

Options
  • 26-02-2017 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi, I have to be in the city centre at 6.45 tomorrow morning. I see from the Dublin Bus Timetable that the 4.20 am 33 bus goes through donabate. However there is no indication what time it gets there or which stop I should go to. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hi, I have to be in the city centre at 6.45 tomorrow morning. I see from the Dublin Bus Timetable that the 4.20 am 33 bus goes through donabate. However there is no indication what time it gets there or which stop I should go to. Can anyone help? Thanks!
    Is it not 4.50am (from Balbriggan). Either way, I'd add about 40mins.

The last time I got that early bus was over 25 years ago. I have a vague recollection that it came down Turvey Avenue and back out the Hearse Road but I can't recall where it stopped. (Possibly at the train station car park (Turvey Ave side) which I don't think is used any more.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/33/

From this it takes 40 mins to get from balbriggan to Lusk. So I'd be waiting in donabate from 5.30am. Leaves balbriggan at 4.50 according to that link

eh i dunno wrote: »
    ...So I'd be waiting in donabate from 5.30am. ....
    But where? :)

OP - give the Harristown garage a call (7031104) - one of the controllers there may be able to help. (As far as I know the 33 routes are based there).

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Thanks a million for your help, everyone. You're right by the way, it is indeed 4.50, not 4.20. I got a PM telling me which stop so I'm sorted. Thanks again, really didn't want to pay for a taxi into town

• Advertisement

P.S. This is the message I got, should anyone need to Google this in the future:

The 04:50 33 from Balbriggan does serve Donabate but it does not follow the normal 33b route.

The bus will approach Donabate on Turvey Avenue heading east.

It serves the eastbound stop on Turvey Avenue at the junction with Turvey Drive (it is the only bus to serve this stop).

The bus then turns right before the railway bridge and starts heading west along Hearse Road for Swords.

In other words it does not serve any stops east of the railway bridge.

It should be there between 05:20 and 05:30 but will not appear on RTPI unfortunately due to a mistake by Dublin Bus.

It should be on O'Connell Street for 06:10 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

P.S. This is the message I got, should anyone need to Google this in the future:

The 04:50 33 from Balbriggan does serve Donabate but it does not follow the normal 33b route.

The bus will approach Donabate on Turvey Avenue heading east.

It serves the eastbound stop on Turvey Avenue at the junction with Turvey Drive (it is the only bus to serve this stop).

The bus then turns right before the railway bridge and starts heading west along Hearse Road for Swords.

In other words it does not serve any stops east of the railway bridge.

It should be there between 05:20 and 05:30 but will not appear on RTPI unfortunately due to a mistake by Dublin Bus.

It should be on O'Connell Street for 06:10 or so.

1hr 20 at that hour? Maybe it's just me but that's brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

That's so passengers can catch up on a bit of kip after having to get up at stupid o'clock.

When I used to get that bus it wasn't on the time table and was known as the 'ghost bus'. I think it's original purpose was to bring DB drivers from NCD into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Think about it.

The bus has to go along the same country roads as anytime of the day between Balbriggan and Blake's X via Skerries, Rush and Lusk, and then detour around Donabate.

There really isn't scope for going along those roads that much faster than normal - it will be a bit quicker all right but not that much.

It should get from Balbriggan to Blake's X in 30 minutes or so, then 15 minutes to go around by Donabate and get to Swords, and then 30-35 minutes to get into the city centre.

Bear in mind that it's also the first inbound bus along the entire Swords Road corridor which means it's picking up all the way into town.

The 33 and 33a operate out of Summerhill Depot by the way. It's the 33b that operates out of Harristown.

• Advertisement

Ah well, I'm not complaining. I'm on it now and I don't have to get a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

If you put in a couple of stops on its route as 'favourites' in the Dublin Bus app you will be able to track its progress.

Advertisement