Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank sale, house vacant 2+ years. Electricity /LPT /taxes etc?

Options
  • 26-02-2017 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Interested in a house that I've viewed. EA says it's a bank sale, house unoccupied over 3 years and last tenants rented the place. Electricity turned off. I'm reading that it's €2000 to reconnect. There's houses to the left and right of it so I'm guessing it shouldn't take a lot of work to reconnect, anyone know more about this?

Also if I were to buy, am I liable for past LPT, household charge & other taxes/bills /charges that possibly were unpaid? Is that for my solicitor to find out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

The LPT , and other charges would be cleared by the bank - you should only be liable for the charges from the date of closing. Your solicitor will deal with these issues as part of the conveyancing process. Not sure how the ESB connection works - presumably there is a fee to reconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Bought a bank sale property, it was vacant for 5 years. I only payed the LPT from the time I bought the house & it cost €100 to have the ESB reconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Bought a bank sale property, it was vacant for 5 years. I only payed the LPT from the time I bought the house & it cost €100 to have the ESB reconnected.
    Thanks,sounds like it was straight forward. Has your house got other houses around it?Also how long did it take to reconnect?
    EDIT-Also did you have to get an electrician to sign off on the wiring?If so,how much was that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

A lot depends on how long the electricity has been off for. After that it depends on the condition of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

R11 wrote: »
    Thanks,sounds like it was straight forward. Has your house got other houses around it?Also how long did it take to reconnect?
    EDIT-Also did you have to get an electrician to sign off on the wiring?If so,how much was that?

My house is detached but there are houses around it.
    Took about a week or so for the ESB to send someone out.
    Yes I had to get an electrician to sign off the wiring, our wiring was v.poor so he had to run a main wire from the meter to a couple of sockets but that was all that was needed for him to give a cert, was about a €100 or so in total.

• Advertisement
Advertisement