Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep clean newbuild

Options
  • 26-02-2017 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for someone / company that does a deep clean in the Midlands for a new build or if it's even worth doing. We have young kids and want to try have the house as dust free as possible before moving in. Will any amount of cleaning get rid of it or is it something that will have to be left and done gradually over time? Is it something that is really expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My experience is that with new builds, the dust appears for months to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for someone / company that does a deep clean in the Midlands for a new build or if it's even worth doing. We have young kids and want to try have the house as dust free as possible before moving in. Will any amount of cleaning get rid of it or is it something that will have to be left and done gradually over time? Is it something that is really expensive?

Was this a self build or developer built? If built by developer get them to clean it. You would not buy a brand new car that is dirty would you? When i carry out snaglists I always put that the house needs a professional clean upon completion

• Registered Users Posts: 17 hellsbells83

It will be left tidy but it's not turn key finish by the builder and isn't in the agreed price. Yes it's a new build.
    I suppose if you were just buying a car without the seats you wouldn't expect the garage to clean the seats once you'd bought them after and put them in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have you sealed all the concrete floors? Until you do, its pointless trying to clean or dust.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Have you sealed all the concrete floors? Until you do, its pointless trying to clean or dust.

Yes I have. I finished out the house myself tiling etc but it wasn't finished by the builder. It's a self build. That's why the builder won't have it cleaned and I would like to get it cleaned. As I said in the original post .. it's because I have small children one of them has asthma so I think cleaning would be worthwhile if there is a company that does this type of clean.

I'm not really looking for information on whether I should or shouldn't Clean or who's responsible for cleaning. I'm looking for information from anyone who has had this done before or knows about it, was it worth while, are there even details companies / person that do this etc etc ...

• Advertisement

Hire an industrial vac. Do so again in a month if needs be. Then a Henry or similar will do. Those 1000+ euro Italian Hoover's are, in many opinion, a scam. More of a pyramid selling scam / cult than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭john_eire

Nekarsulm wrote: »

What did you use to seal the floor ?

john_eire wrote: »
    What did you use to seal the floor ?

Just stuff called concrete floor seal. Its like watery varnish, just paint it on with a roller. Strong fumes off it, as I remember.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone had any details of companies that do cleaning for domestic construction

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Just wondering if anyone had any details of companies that do cleaning for domestic construction

Jw! 10 posts in and no answer yet.
    get internet access and search for house cleaning and get them to come and look, if its all tiled and painted then its no big deal, maybe some extra hours but a lot cheaper than visits to the doctor.
    I have internet access and I advanced searched for this
    "house cleaning" site:.ie
    52k hits

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

Jw! 10 posts in and no answer yet.
    get internet access and search for house cleaning and get them to come and look, if its all tiled and painted then its no big deal, maybe some extra hours but a lot cheaper than visits to the doctor.
    I have internet access and I advanced searched for this
    "house cleaning" site:.ie
    52k hits

Yip google was my first port of call. There are only a small few that I have come across that mention post construction cleaning. A lot are in Dublin. Anyone I contacted that mentions this work don't come outside of Dublin. I have contacted a few just cleaning companies but a lot are carpet clean (don't have any), window clean or regular domestic clean. Any way thanks for help

Advertisement