Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Size Medium?

Options
  • 26-02-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

Was in eurocycles looking at a Scott Sub Sport 30 as a replacement for my current Felt model with the bike to work scheme.

The frame was size Medium. I'm 6'1 and 15 stone, I know the saddle can raised but I'm a bit dubious about the frame size being correct. Maybe I'm just being overly careful but any advice?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Hi,

Was in eurocycles looking at a Scott Sub Sport 30 as a replacement for my current Felt model with the bike to work scheme.

The frame was size Medium. I'm 6'1 and 15 stone, I know the saddle can raised but I'm a bit dubious about the frame size being correct. Maybe I'm just being overly careful but any advice?

Many thanks

I did a quick search and came across the Evan's site. It suggests a Large is just about big enough for you - you could find the extra large a better fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

route66 wrote: »
    I did a quick search and came across the Evan's site. It suggests a Large is just about big enough for you - you could find the extra large a better fit.

Thank you, appreciate your help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'm 6'2 and most bikes I've checked re: sizing were between L and XL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

At least a Large, I am 6'1 and that would be the right size for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Hi,

Many thanks

I don't disagree with the folks above, but what is your inseam? You can always make a bike bigger, but not the other way around. I'm an S on most bikes but I "just about" have the right amount of saddle post "out" and get a slightly longer stem.

A smaller bike is "stiffer" and if you look at the pros they have a helluva lot of seatpost showing and quite a few use a 130mm stem (or so I have read)

A bike fit is always a good investment in my opinion but knowing your inseam is a good start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement