Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owlwans weekends and midweek away

• 26-02-2017 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Best hotels for fun and a bit of crack
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It's horses for courses really. It depends on what you would consider fun. What suits me might not be of any interest to you.
    If you are looking for a weekend of fly fishing, photography and a game of golf I can probably point you in the right direction. If you really want a quiet and refined break where quality matters more than quantity I can definitely point you in the right direction. If however your idea of fun is a knees up and followed by a fish and chip supper with a bit of a sing song thrown in I'm not much use to you.
    So, what kind of break are you interested in? Museums or sight seeing?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chocandgo

Dublin_16 wrote: »
    Best hotels for fun and a bit of crack
    Thanks

Hi,
    I recently stayed with a friend in Ashdown Park hotel in Gorey, Co Wexford. There was no single supplement, free tea/coffee and scones on arrival, free bottle of wine with one of our meals, one free session of yoga or Pilates per day( times weren't great, though), nice and friendly staff, large bedrooms and, if it's your thing ( it wasn't mine) they have this dance thing on Wed nights with a live band. Very enthusiastic locals arrived dressed in their finery! You're not too far from some great beaches if you like the outdoors, and Gorey has a lot of nice coffee shops. The cost? Wait for it- €170- which included 3 nights B&B and 3 dinners! I found it on a Golden Years website. I remember my mother going to these years ago- I never imagined I'd be doing it too! This might not have all the fun you were hoping for but it certainly wasn't dull and you could entertain yourself with the leisure centre and the scrumptious afternoon tea. I brought some of the fun with me in my very entertaining friend!

Advertisement