Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Officejet 6600 Error Message

Options
  • 26-02-2017 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm having a problem with my HP printer. When I turn it on, I get an error message 'There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP.'
    Now, I have turned it off and on again as HP suggest but that has not resolved the problem. I have searched the forums at HP and the only solution is that the ink has to be replaced and that resolves the problem - has anyone tried this and has it worked?
    I'm reluctant to purchase another ink cartride if there is more wrong with the printer and I end up replacing it - has anyone had this problem and was it resolved?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Won't know until you replace the cartridge, if that's what the general consensus is regarding a fix.

Can you "trick" it by just removing the old one and re-inserting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

me_irl wrote: »
    Won't know until you replace the cartridge, if that's what the general consensus is regarding a fix.

Can you "trick" it by just removing the old one and re-inserting?

I tried that and put in an old one - it took a little longer to start up with a lot of work going on with the cartridges so maybe it is the problem but was just interested in anyone else have had this problem. I might take my chances and buy some new ink tomorrow. It would have been better for HP printer to simply say cartridge was low. I'm presuming it's just black as I changed the colour ones a while back and they would definitely not be gone and when they went - I did get an error message to say that one of the cartridges were low and to replace which is why I'm concerned with this error message.

Advertisement