Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Certified Educator / Apple Teacher

Options
  • 26-02-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has any educator had any experience of either of the above?

Looking to upskill, looking to improve my CV with a view to eventually trying to move into management.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has any educator had any experience of either of the above?

Looking to upskill, looking to improve my CV with a view to eventually trying to move into management.

Cheers.
    Ive done both and currently working my way through the Microsoft version

Apple, two choices, iPad or Mac, pretty much same questions, must get 80% plus to pass each of the 8 modules, its free, training is provided re passing each curse. It does help if you are familiar with Pages, Garageband, Numbers Mac or iPad

Once passed you get a cert and log from Apple along with details of how and when to use it. Once completed you are eligible to complete a further 4 course to get a second cert re coding. This was more difficult as my coding was in VBasic and Java

Google have trainer level 1 and level 2. You need to pat 10 dollars for level 1 and 45 dollars to sit level 3 exams, again training is provided via modules. the train ing is free pretty ok.

Personally, i would opt for the apple training, its recently introduced in Ireland and pretty well respected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

If you are looking to get into management then you should do a management course. It will serve you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers for the replies folks.

To doc_17 - of course, re management courses. I'm waiting to see what the CSL qualification will be like, info due out soon. In the meantime, I was recommended to check out the Google / Apple CPD

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

This course might be worth consideration - incorporates both Management and e-learning - I "think" it's part funded (around €5.5 if I remember correctly), along with this you should be able to reclaim some fees through the Marino Refund Scheme.

https://www4.dcu.ie/courses/Postgraduate/institute_of_education/MSc-Education-and-Training-Management-eLearning.shtml

Advertisement