Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda interview competencies preparation

Options
  • 26-02-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi. I'm looking to apply to the gardai in the next campaign which hopefully will be sometime this year.
    As I understand it, during the interview a significant part of it involves providing examples of competencies such as team work, problem solving etc...
    I'm just wondering if people could provide some examples of what they used as examples for these. I'm in college at the moment and I want to try and use this time to get good examples for these competencies so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hey, I'll give u a thorough answer with regards to this tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

I'm the same lads I'm also waiting to apply in the next campaign, at the minute I'm working on my fitness and bmi as it is a bit high at the minute, I would also like some example competence information if that's OK, I'd like to be able to work on the examples straight away, thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mooju

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Mr Black any help you could give me in regard to this would be much appreciated also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

mooju wrote:
    Mr Black any help you could give me in regard to this would be much appreciated also

I'll reply in depth this evening

Be much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Any chance you'd send me that info please..interview at end of month...I'd be most grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

id appreciate being sent information as well if its available

mrDerek wrote: »
    id appreciate being sent information as well if its available
    We all would

mooju wrote: »
    We all would

Mooju
    How did interview go...any tips for me..up on Monday....a nervous wreck....

Mowley wrote: »
    Mooju
    How did interview go...any tips for me..up on Monday....a nervous wreck....
    Dont be nervous man its actually much better than you think its going to be... just know your competencies and have back ups for each and know about the garda training etc...

• Advertisement

mooju wrote: »
    Dont be nervous man its actually much better than you think its going to be... just know your competencies and have back ups for each and know about the garda training etc...

Yeah think I'm prepared to a certain degree anyway..just hope the nerves don't ruin me..I'm young so feel that might go against me...will just have to wait and see if suppose. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dazza995

If you could send on that info it would be well appreciated, interview coming up! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Hi any ideas for interview thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

Hey, may be a bit late to this but i have my interview soon and have my examples ready but not sure if they would be good enough. Any info on the examples used by other people would be appreciated if possible just so i know im thinking the right way!

Advertisement