Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App for POS

Options
  • 26-02-2017 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,
    First time poster!
    I own a golf shop within a golf club and am looking to use an ipad as a Point of Sale system. I would like an app that would allow me to use as a till register for general sales and one that I can add members accounts, i.e. if they win a prize I can put credit value on their individual account (John won the competition and he wins a jumper, he doesn't want the jumper so I set up an account that allows him to build up prizes and maybe buy a driver).
    Would anyone have any experience of something similar?
    Thanks in advance......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hot topix

Look at Cashy-POS app for iPad. I do not think you'll be able to do what your looking for but you may be able to find a work around. I've been using it for a year and it's well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

Hi All,
    First time poster!
    I own a golf shop within a golf club and am looking to use an ipad as a Point of Sale system. I would like an app that would allow me to use as a till register for general sales and one that I can add members accounts, i.e. if they win a prize I can put credit value on their individual account (John won the competition and he wins a jumper, he doesn't want the jumper so I set up an account that allows him to build up prizes and maybe buy a driver).
    Would anyone have any experience of something similar?
    Thanks in advance......

I know you are looking for an App, but you are limiting your self.

I have 10 years experience writing EPOS and I would recemmend looking at using a Windows tablet (maybe even a surface) then you would be able to get any POS system, and there are lots out there that can do what you are looking for. The main POS I work on would be able to do something like what you are looking for but would probably have way too many features for you.

Drop me a DM if you want to talk further. I can look into some suggestions and maybe something custom

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

If you are going with a complete POS system for your golf shop then here I am sharing the comprehensive reviews of the best retail POS systems https://toppossystem.com/best-retail-pos-systems. However, to add such things like adding members and offering some gifts, you will have to customized to POS system. Maybe, you can ask for POS system provider company to make these changes via coding. On the other hand, if you are good at tech knowledge, then many of the POS systems offer web, desktop and mobile support. My suggestions are the following:

Square: If you are looking for a user-friendly with easy mobile integration app, then you should go with POS software provided by Square.

Lightspeed: If you are dealing with too many customers then Lightspeed could be the best option.

Shopify: They offer excellent customization and yes applicable for both store and mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I have used airpos https://www.airpointofsale.com/ for the past 3.5 years. Tested a few before hand. Find it a great system and one of best value going. Their support replies within minutes everytime. Give them a call and let them know what you are looking for or try the free 30 days. I think it would do what you want. It works on ipad, windows pc and android. I use it on ipad with a til drawer and star receipt printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

https://www.getpose.com/

$49/month does all the standard stuff but also allows you have customer accounts you can put credit on. It's not a full blown crm system but does enough for what you want. You could add a gift card to their account for any amount you want so could combine them you also have the option of having a digital stamp card if you wanted to run a loyalty card system too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement