Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPWS help

Options
  • 26-02-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Would the NPWS grant a deer hunting permit on 70 acres of land? I know the foam says you need 100 acres but I've read of people that have been granted a permit for around the same amount of land. the land is in Galway and has a good amount of deer on it, just wondering if anyone knows would the NPWS consider my foam if I send it up?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

No one can tell you for definite they will but i'll say this.

There is no law saying it MUST be 100 acres. That is a standard set by the NPWS with no legislative basis. IOW if you wanted to argue/fight it you could and would possibly, almost definitely, win.

However, and there is always a but, they could cite other reasons such as not enough deer on the 70 acres, but magically it'll be enough with 100 or something to that effect. Again no basis in law, but legally speaking you don't need the 100 acres.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gooch94

I've read that alright that's no law stating it has to be 100 acres but I wasn't sure, I might ring the NPWS and see if they would sign off on the permit. Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement